43

Anne hasn't said a word to us since I ran inside, a bloody Harry in tow behind me, and woke her up for help.

He said he feels okay, but he's bleeding quite a bit and it's reminding me too much of when I was trying to keep him alive in the back of the car.

Anne immediately went into the bathroom to grab a first aid kit to find supplies to suture his wound. She doesn't seem too concerned, just mad, as she lays everything out and puts on gloves.

I'm standing behind Harry, who is seated in a dining room chair with a towel pressed to his abdomen. I run my hands along his bare shoulders, trying to soothe him and distract myself from the blood staining the towel.

Anne turns around carrying a little tray, like you would see at the hospital, with items to clean the wound before she stitches him back up and covers it again.

I know Harry said she was a nurse, but I'm impressed with the amount of medical supplies she keeps in the house. I guess when you have two boys like Harry and Niall, you never know what you might need.

I quickly remove my hands from his bare skin as she faces us, and she cocks an eyebrow at me with an incredulous look on her face. We both know that touching his shoulders is not what got us in trouble tonight.

Anne pulls up a chair in front of Harry and works her magic, cleaning up all the blood first. Harry winces every once in awhile when she touches him, and I return one hand to his shoulder.

"Mum, is it gonna hurt?" He asks quietly as Anne leans toward him with the small needle in her hand. She shakes her head no and I avert my eyes when her hand connects with his torso, right before the needle pierces his skin.

I feel Harry's hand cover mine and he turns his head to look up at me. "It's not bad." He says, stroking his fingers over my knuckles. "Kind of like getting a tattoo."

I nod my head and smile at him slightly, but I'm full of guilt. We wouldn't be doing this right now if I could just keep it in my pants.

"You two are idiots." Anne finally speaks and we both snap our heads up to look at her. For a split second I'm afraid she can read my mind. "I don't even want to know what you were doing to cause this much damage."

Harry inhales a breath to speak, but I clamp my hand over his mouth, before he can get a word out, and pull his head back against my tummy so he can't escape my grasp.

"I'm so sorry, Anne." I decide to talk instead. "I was supposed to be taking care of him, and I just made everything worse."

"Look, dear." Anne says softly, covering Harry's fixed up injury with a new bandage. "I know what it's like to be young and in love. Everything is so passionate and exciting."

I feel my cheeks flush and she smiles at me knowingly.

"But, he needs to heal, and it's obviously too much for you two to handle, so I think you should go home tomorrow-"

"Mum-" Harry tries to interject, pushing my hand away from his mouth as my heart sinks to my feet.

"I'm not upset with you, honey!" Anne says, interrupting Harry as she watches my face fall. "I just want him to be able to heal quickly so that you can spend time together. Trust me, if I could kick him out and keep you, I would."

I chuckle a little and she smiles at me, but I can tell Harry is not happy.

Anne takes her supplies back to the bathroom while I help Harry stand up from his chair. She pokes her head out at us again when we start to head for the door.

"I love you both," she says softly. "but please do not wake me up with any more medical emergencies tonight."

"Promise." Harry and I mutter at the same time, embarrassed.