Chapter 16

At three in the morning I woke up in a panic. I don't remember what the dream was. The only thing on my mind though was her. I don't know what that means. I reached for my phone and dialed his number.

"Dude what the fuck it's three in the morning."

"I had a bad dream." I heard him groan a bit and then let out a sigh.

"What happened."

"I don't remember."

"So, then what's wrong."

"I slept with her." He groaned again.

"Open your window. I'm coming over."

"Okay." I did as I was told and opened the window. Within a few minutes he was already at my window. I watched as he climbed in and then crawled onto my bed and ripped the blankets off it and wrapped them around himself. I was closing the window when he said,

"It's cold as balls out there." I just sort of smiled and then got on the bed next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Was the sex good at least." This I laughed at.

"Yeah. It's always good with her."

"Yeah. She's got some nice tits." I sat up and slapped his arm then laid back on him.

"She does though." I laughed. We stayed like that for a little longer. Just sitting in my room. Staring at nothing. Not saying a word.

"I still love her."

"I know."

"This is too hard." I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

"I know." At this he turned and kissed my forehead. I wrapped my arms around him and just let myself start to cry some more. When I finally stopped crying so hard I sat up, took a breath, and then wiped my eyes.

"Gray?"

"Yeah?"

"Why don't you have a shirt on?" He started laughing.

"I was asleep. You're lucky I put my pajama pants on." I just started laughing.

"Can we watch a movie?"

"Sure Tess."

                                                           ----------------------------------------

The next morning, I woke up laying on Gray's bare chest. If I'm being honest, this isn't the first time this has happened. Not in a sexual way but we've had sleep overs before. When my parents would go out of town on the weekend for Laurens volleyball tournaments he would come stay the night with me so that I felt safer, that was before her of course. I reached over him to grab my glasses off the night stand. When I put them on I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. 8:15.

"Shit!" I screamed.

"What happened?" Gray asked in an almost panic as he sat up fast.

"It's 8:15!" We're going to be late for school!" I screamed. He laid back down on the bed and said

"Let's just not go."

"Can we do that?" He shrugged his shoulders and said

"Sure. Why not?" I thought about it for a second and then got back into my bed with him. I looked back at my phone. I guess when I saw the time I must have freaked out so much that I missed the text from my mother. She leaves for work at 7 so she's already gone. The text said

Why is Grayson in your bed?    I felt embarrassed for no reason. I didn't know how to respond. What was I supposed to say? I text back and said

Sorry. He needed to talk about some stuff last night and we fell asleep.   She text back almost immediately and said

Your dad didn't see that he was here. Don't let this happen again.

Okay.    I wasn't going to tell her that I'm staying home today. I laid back on his chest and went back to sleep. I don't want to think about anything else today. I woke up about an hour or two later because Gray was poking my face.

"What?" I said as I turned over away from him.

"I'm hungry."

"Okay?" I pulled the cover over my head.

"Okay so, get up so we can go get food." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. Lets go."

"I need a shirt." He complained.

"Check my closet. I know I have some of your shirts. And I think I have one of your hoodies too." He rummaged through my closet, found a shirt and then pulled out his jacket. Gray and I have an odd relationship. I get it. We've just been so close for so long now that I'm completely comfortable with him. He always gives me clothes of his that either don't fit him anymore or that I just liked. I guess I can understand why people always think we're dating. For a while she was getting very jealous of Gray. She said that she didn't like me wearing his clothes, and that she didn't like that I was constantly with him. This was still early on in the relationship when she didn't know that we were just really close. Once she started to get to know him better and then get to know us better she started to be more okay with everything. She never told me that I couldn't see him anymore or anything like that. She was never like that. Instead of doing the high school bullshit that most teenagers do, we just communicated and actually talked about what it was that was bothering us.

For the rest of the day Gray and I just lounged around all day and watched movies. We watched a bunch of 90's rom-coms. They made me feel better for some reason. I couldn't tell you why, but I loved watching them. We ordered food through Gray's app instead of leaving to get food. I kept thinking about the day before all day, but instead of focusing on what happened I decided that I would just enjoy the memories. It was nice just hanging around with Gray all day. It was a nice change of pace. Lauren got home at around 4:30. She doesn't have practice because volleyball season is over already. As soon as she got home she looked at us on the couch and said

"Shouldn't you be at practice." She had an attitude. I didn't like it. I was about to say something but Gray cut in.

"Not today. I'm sick." He said as he fake coughed.

"Keep my secret for me?" I rolled my eyes because as soon as he said it like that she immediately backed down.

"Of course." She then turned her attention back to me and said

"You owe me one."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes. She's such a little shit sometimes but whatever. So that was our day. Sitting on the couch. Watching TV all day, not having to pretend that I was okay even though I feel like I'm breaking down half the time. The one thing I love about being with Gray is that I don't have to pretend I'm okay, and he never asks questions. He waits for me to tell him what's going on. He really is my best friend.