Chapter 31

"I feel like we've been going to a lot of parties lately." I said as we got back into the car.

"We have, because we keep winning and because this is a big deal. We're finally going to get to play some out of town games for playoffs. This is the first time that we've done that in years. Which means we need to celebrate every single one." I rolled my eyes, but was smiling at the same time. Gray never really gets giddy about things, but he is about this. I don't want to bring that down.

"Well then you guys better win the next three games so you can be State Champs." At this Gray just looked over at me from the driver's seat and gave me the goofiest grin.

"Don't worry. We will." We drove the rest of the way without talking, just us listening to his 'pumped up' playlist. I couldn't help but feel like my life was going in circles. I did the same things. Every day. Don't get me wrong. I love being with Gray and going to his games and going to parties after, well maybe not so much the latter, but still. I just feel like everything is repeating. I changed my thoughts. I don't need to get stuck in my head and ruin the whole night. We were about to pull up to the street when I got a text from a random number. It said

Hey Tess. Its Austin. Hope you don't mind Gray gave me ur number :)

At this I just looked at Gray.

"Did you give Austin my number?" Gray stared straight ahead at the road.

"Maybe..." I decided to text Austin back.

I don't mind at all. We're about to get to Josh's, u there already?

He texted back within seconds.

Yes ma'am I'm already here

I didn't text back because I figured I was going to see him in a couple minutes. When Gray parked the car, we sat for a second. I checked Laurens location to see if she was here already, she was. I can't stand my sister half the time, but that doesn't mean I don't worry about her. I still give a shit about her. I was already about to get off the car when Gray said

"So, are you going to go for it with Austin?" The question sort of shocked me. Gray knows that I love her, but I also know he doesn't really want me around her either.

"I don't know. I don't even know how I really feel about him. We don't know each other at all."

"That's the point of going out with him. You get to know each other." I let out a sigh.

"Look just give him a chance. If you don't like him I'll tell him to fuck off myself." I just laughed. He has a point. I know I need to at least try and move on from her, but the thing is, I just feel stuck. I feel like moving on is impossible, but staying and trying to get anything out of her is even worse.

"Fine." I mumbled

"What?" Gray gave me another dumb grin.

"Fine. I'll try with him."

After our conversation in the car Gray and I finally decided to make our entrance. When we walked in I didn't see her anywhere. I wondered if she was even coming. I had a feeling she would show up later. Probably drunk already because of Charlette. I put her out of my head. I followed Gray into the kitchen. That was always our first stop because he would always make himself a drink before we started to walk around and find people we knew. Once we reached the kitchen though Austin showed up a few minutes later. I guess he'd seen us walk in.

"Hey guys." He smiled.

"What's up dude." Gray said as they did that guy handshake boys always do. After they exchanged greetings Austin gave me a somewhat awkward hug and then just smiled at me.

"I think I see Theo and the guys. I'm gonna go mingle. You two have fun." He winked at me and then walked away leaving me with Austin.

"Would you like a beverage?" he asked.

"Thanks but I'm not drinking tonight."

"I'm not drinking tonight either. Wanna share a soda?"

"Sure." He got two separate cups, filled them with ice and then poured the can of soda into each cup. He handed it to me and then held it out so we could clink our drinks.

"To staying sober among drunk idiots." He said. I then followed him to the couch where we sat down and started talking. It was quieter in the den than in the kitchen. I could actually hear what he was saying. Maybe I could like him. Only problem is, I'd have to get over her first.