Chapter 32

Gray's POV

I know Tess is like all in love with Riley but I don't get the appeal. Don't get me wrong Riley was great at the beginning. I had nothing to complain about. Everything was okay until like a week before that night. A week before I had to go pick up Tess, Riley was acting weird. At least that's what Tess said. She said she was acting more withdrawn, that they felt disconnected. She said that Riley was barely talking, she wasn't really eating for that matter too. I don't know the details. Anyways I need the old Tess back. This new sad depressed Tess isn't fun.

After we got to the party we went to the kitchen because I needed a celebratory drink. Austin showed up right away, so I decided to leave those two crazy kids alone. I really hope she goes for it with him though. Maybe if she got laid she wouldn't be so sad. I don't know. Austin's a good guy, I know he wouldn't hurt her, plus if he did, I'd kill him. Tess said I can't beat up Riley so that's lame.

"So, are Tess and Austin a thing now?" Theo asked. I had been hanging out with him all night. I was also keeping an eye on Lauren so that Tess wouldn't have to.

"I'm not sure yet. But I know he likes her." I just looked at him.

"Why do you have a crush on Tess too?" His face turned red.

"No. Not on Tess." I looked back at Tess and Austin, then back to Theo.

"Oooohhhh I see." I don't think Theo would have told me that normally but he's a little bit wasted.

"You have good taste my friend." Theo just took a sip out of his drink.

"Don't..." I cut him off.

"No worries broseph. I won't tell anyone." I was looking around the room when I saw Kaylie Sumner staring at me.

"I'll see you in a bit." I told Theo. I made my way over to Kaylie. Kaylie is hot. She gave me bj the last time we were at a party together. I wonder if she wants to celebrate tonight too. She was giving me the fuck me eyes. We were still just talking when I saw the front door open, and in walked Riley and the other girls. Perfect. I looked to see if Tess had noticed them walk in, but she was already making eye contact with Riley. I swear it's like they have a sixth sense, they always know where the other is if they're in close proximity. I watched as Riley and the rest of them walked into the kitchen. Perfect. Stay away from Tess.

"You played a good game tonight." Kaylie said. She was still giving me all the classic signs that she wants to hook up, but I have to keep an eye on Tess and stupid Laruen tonight. I can't just go MIA. At least not right now. I looked over to Lauren, she was in a group of her little friends. No guys around. Perfect.

"Thanks. I tried my best." I ran my hand through my hair. Girls love that. I looked over at Tess again. She and Austin had scooted closer together. I wondered if she did that because she likes him or just because she saw Riley walk in.

"So, you know, I was thinking..." I looked back at Kaylie who was running her hand up my arm. She had my full attention now.

"What were you thinking?" She pulled me in close and whispered some amazing things into my ear.

"Yeah?" I was getting turned on just thinking about the things she said. We stood there for about another fifteen minutes just talking. I had the feeling I couldn't leave Tess yet. Plus, Lauren was now with a group of guys. I wanted to go with Kaylie so bad, but instead I stalled.

"We could go somewhere quieter if you'd like." I was about to answer when in the corner of my eye I saw Riley making a B line for Tess. Without thinking I ran and cut her off, she ran into me because of how fast I had gotten there. I looked back to see if Tess had noticed. She hadn't.

"Move Grayson." She tried to get around me but I took a quick side step to get in front of her again.

"What are you doing Rye."

"Don't fucking call me that." She's drunk. She tried to get around again.

"Riley what are you doing." I don't want Tess to notice. I want her to just enjoy her night for the first time in a long time. I really hope Riley doesn't make a scene.

"I need to talk to Tess." The look in her eyes made me feel a type of way. She looked, defeated. Broken. I couldn't let her past me though.

"No." Her eyes changed in an instant.

"Move Gray. I mean it. I need to talk to her."

"Why? So, you can fuck with her head even more?"

"You don't know anything." I've never seen her like this. I don't know if Tess has, but I don't need her going around Tess and fucking shit up even more.

"I'm not moving. Go back to your little friends."

"Fuck you Gray."

"Fuck you." The words just slipped out. Before I knew it though I felt her fist make contact my face. It didn't hurt all that much but it shocked the hell out of me, I staggered back a bit while I heard everyone go,

"OOOohhhhhhhh." Shit. Riley was walking past me and already going towards Tess, who had by now noticed the major scene we had just made, and was looking Riley dead in the eyes. Fuck it. I ran to Riley and picked her up over my shoulder and took her outside. She was kicking and screaming the entire time. There was no one outside thank god.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I half yelled as I put her down. Her eyes were intense, scary.

"What the fuck is yours." She yelled back. Before either of us could say anything else I heard Tess's voice.

"What the hell is going on?" Dammit.