Chapter 34

I was already ready to drag Lauren out of the house when I saw Austin still sitting on the couch. I let out a sigh and then turned to Laruen.

"Go get in Riley's car." The look she gave me was annoying.

"Just go." I walked over to the couch and tapped Austin on the shoulder. When he saw me, he got up and came around the couch to stand in front of me.

"Hey I was wondering where you went." I felt bad. I knew the smile on his face was about to fade away.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I have to go."

"Are you sure?" I was right. His smile faded.

"Yeah I'm sorry. I have to take my sister home." I don't know why I didn't tell him I was taking Riley home.

"That's okay. Get home safe. Maybe send a text so I know you made it." He gave me a sideways smile.

"Yeah. Of course." In the corner of my eye I saw Gray going into a room with Kaylie.

"Don't worry. I'll keep an eye on him." Austin said. Without thinking I gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and we stood there for a second. We pulled back slowly. He was taller than me, so I had to look up at him, but I didn't mind all that much. Riley and I are around the same height, she's maybe a few inches taller than me.

"Thank you." I said.

"Your welcome." We stayed there for a second. Just staring at each other. I felt his fingers tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. As he leaned in closer my heart started pounding in my ears. Before I knew it, his lips were on mine. His lips were soft, and gentle. Way different from any guy I had ever kissed before. I pulled back and we just looked at each other.

"I'd better go."

"Uh yeah. For sure. Get home safe." He was smiling his crooked smile. I hadn't even noticed I biting my lip the way Riley would when she wanted something. I stopped then started for the door. As soon as I walked out of the house, and it was quiet, and I was finally alone, I felt a heaviness in my body. I looked over to see Riley's car. I walked over to it and got in the front seat to drive us home. This is going to be a long night.