PERCIVER 34: My Treat

This is a more of a "Oh what if Gryfindor had a lower ego" rather than a thing I want cannon also hi yes I'm back
-------------------------------------------------

"WOOHOO!! GO GRYFINDOR!!" Lee yelled in the commentary booth as in the last minutes of the game, the keeper, Oliver Wood defended his goal post. "Lee Jordan!" McGonagall loudly said to calm Lee down. "Sorry miss haha, OH NEVERMIND GO KATIE! She shoots the quaffle and it goes in!!" Lee yells into the mic. "It seems Harry Potter is also close, 100-90, such a close gap." Lee states as the game continues with Oliver catching as many quaffles as he could. The players were tired but Oliver wasn't prepared to lose by a 10 point gap.
"Alica!! Becareful!!" Fred yelled from above as a bludger flew past. There was Alicia now much close to the surface. "ALCIA GOES DOWN, will she get up?" Lee Jordan asks and the answer was yes because even though her arm's injured she pushes through and scores. "Just a little more!!" Oliver yelled to encourage the team. George flew past and hit the opposing team's seeker which luckily slows down allowing Harry more time to catch up. "GRYFINDOR!!" The audience chanted in sync. Such a magical moment. Who knew it could come to an end so soon?
Oliver slammed the locker shut. "Why couldn't you just catch it?!" Katie yelled as she left the changing room. "WHY CAN'T YOU HAVE BETTER AIM YOU BITCH!!" Alica yelled back. "Both of you calm down.. It's okay chill, it's just one match." Angelina said as she sat next to Alica. "It's not just one match! This is a game we dedicate our lives to and we lose almost every fucking time."
Oliver had enough. "Come on Monday and Wednesday for practice." He said as he buttoned up his robe and left the room, leaving the two girls alone. Oliver was just alone now, with his thoughts, the corridors were empty, a silence filling the usually bustling hallway. "Wood?" Oliver turned around at the echo of the voice calling him. "Wood! You're here." It was his friend Percy Weasley, the prefect. "Percy! Hey, the match went grea-" Oliver was however cut off by Percy. "It went amazing, disappointed you lost but it's the best you could do." Percy complimented. Those may sound sarcastic or a bit rude but Oliver understood that his language to show affection is just like that. He can't communicate his emotions into words. "But you did amazing, they only won by a 4 point gap. All you needed was a bit more motivation." Percy said as he puts his hand on Oliver's shoulder. "I'm proud of you.." he says smiling. Oliver smiles back locking Percy in a bear hug.
"Oliver!! PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!!" He yells as he hits Oliver's back. "Percy, you're so sweet."
"You're my best friend so I have to encourage you in some sort of way..." Percy said. Oliver let him go from the hug. Percy caught his breath. "still thank you Perce, I'm feeling a bit down, wanna go eat something?" Oliver asks Percy, Percy nods as they both head towards the great hal. "Sure, also as for your efforts, I have a gift for you." Oliver raises his eyebrow at this mention of gift. "It's my treat so don't worry about paying."
"Oooh what ya buying me hmm?" Oliver teasingly asks. "Its a surprise for the Hogsmeades trip okay?" Percy says as both of them reach the great hall, students were already chawing down their food. Oliver and Percy sat at the end of the gryfindor's bench. "Cannot wait for this surprise~" Oliver says as he sips water from his glass.
"You'll have to wait until then." Percy says.
Oliver felt a bit happier now, sure they still lost but it was nice knowing that even with that loss he wouldn't lose his friends and best friend and instead his friends would help him achieve his goals by encouraging his dreams.

-------------------------------------------------

Question of the day:
Did ya miss me?

Yes I'm back, I wanted to write this again though please be mindful that these are gonna be shorter than my other works. Also many mistakes may be in this but I cannot edit these right now. I hope to see you in two days with a new and better update