Two-Sided Despair (Junko Enoshima x Female Reader Angst/Fluff)

This was requested by mini_cinnamon_ I'm sorry for taking so long. I'll admit I had some trouble thinking of the plot for this one. I hope you'll enjoy it regardless. 

~ ~ ~

Dating someone like Junko Enoshima is never easy. She's eccentric, passionate, unpredictable, and has an odd interest in the concept of despair. She's enrolled at Hope's Peak as the ultimate fashionista, but everyone knows she spends her time researching the effects despair has on others. It's nothing more than a hobby, but it's still a big part of who Junko Enoshima is.

As her girlfriend, you have to endure her various attempts at bringing you despair. Whether it be giving you a spicy snack, teasing you about a semi-sensitive topic, or startling you when it's the worst time to do so, Junko does what she can to bring you small doses of despair. She's never done anything big such as pretending to break up with you, but she'll admit she's curious about how you'd respond to something like that.

Despite the despair-thing being Junko's hobby, that doesn't mean she's the only one who brings you despair. Even as such a prestigious academy as Hope's Peak is, bullies seem to crawl out of the corners to bother other students. You had become one of the unfortunate students to be forced into this situation.

Whether it be destroying your things, calling you names, or even causing physical pain, it seemed like it was never ending. You had wanted to tell some staff about it, but you wondered if they'd actually take action against prestigious ultimate students. If a reserve course student was the one causing this, then maybe, but this wasn't that situation.

After some time, you decided to let Junko in on the situation. With her influential status and popularity, you figured she'd be able to do something about this. However, her response was less than kind.

"Are you fucking serious? That's hilarious. Poor, weak, helpless (Name) can't even prevent a couple fucking students from bothering you. This is too good!"

Perhaps it was an attempt to cause you even more despair, actually you're sure that was the case, but this seemed to go too far in your eyes. You were in genuine distress, and she didn't even seem to care. You knew her interest in despair was high, but this still seemed like too much.

With that confession being a failure, you decided to head home and just try to forget about all of it. Maybe a warm bath and ordering some take-out would help you think about this situation clearly. There's no way Junko didn't care about what was going on, right?

The following day on your way to school the bullies decided that they wanted to show up and get to you before you even entered the halls of Hope's Peak. Without an ultimate talent that allowed you to fight back, all you could do was hope the punishment was quick so you could head to school. While you weren't particularly close with her, Mukuro tended to stay nearby Junko so she could keep you safe if needed.

After arriving you were quick to find Junko, who seemed genuinely surprised to see you covered in bruises. Instead of showering you in concern though, she simply laughed at you.

"Come on, the day just started. You actually let them get to you before the first classes started?"

Mukuro let out a soft chuckle as Junko said this, quickly throwing away Junko's coffee cup for her. Even though she was her sister, Mukuro acted more like a servant to Junko. It was a bit odd if you were being honest.

Signing softly, you decided to just head to your own class first. This wasn't the first time Junko would make rude comments like this to you; it was her way to induce despair in you. Still, you knew she'd eventually give you a break and take you out for a fun date. Maybe a large shopping spree or a water park. Junko always knew how to make it up to you; if she didn't you would've already broken up with her.

As the classes were ending, you were debating on talking to Junko. If you were seen around Mukuro who always stays by Junko then maybe your bullies would leave you alone. Unfortunately for you, they found you first. As the beating was about to begin though, one of the main guys was smashed into the wall.

The one who did this was Mukuro, with Junko close by. She looked absolutely livid, her arms folded and a scowl covering her features.

"I changed my mind about you guys; I'm the only one who can bring my (Name) despair. I suggest you leave before you get your ass beat."

With Mukuro as her 'weapon', she was able to get all the bullies to leave. Afterwards Junko helped you up, lightly flicking you on the forehead. Still, with the lighthearted smile on her face you knew it wasn't anything serious.

"As much as I loved the despair in seeing you get hurt, it's too much to not be the one to bring you the despair. Oh, I'm like a lovestruck girl in middle school getting jealous over the popular girl being with the cute boy... But wait, I'm the popular girl...."

She chuckles softly as she gives you a soft kiss on your forehead. She frowns though as she looks at the bruises.

"We'll have to get those cared for. Mukuro."

All she had to say was her sister's name to get her to pick you up.

"I'd carry you myself but you're too heavy... don't give me that look; I'm not a muscle machine. We'll head back to my place and give you the makeover you deserve."

You were right to assume Junko would eventually show you that she cares. It's a bit of a complicated relationship you two have, but at the end of the day you both love each other... even if Junko has a hard time showing it behind her interest in despair.