Reunion (Leon Kuwata X OC)

I hope I did your OC justice Fanficworld14, but if not I'm terribly sorry. Regardless, I hope you enjoy.

~ ~ ~

As an ultimate, life can be quite lonely. People will become jealous of your unnatural talent, some will be your 'friends' just for the benefits of being acquainted with an ultimate, and there are others who may even make it their life's mission to be better than you or make your life miserable.

Because of this unfortunate situation for ultimates, the best way for ultimates to find comfort is in each other. Most ultimates don't meet until they go to the illustrious Hope's Peak Academy; a high school for fostering immense talent. However, there are cases where ultimates can meet beforehand; it's rare, but not impossible.

For Hana, the ultimate politician, she was lucky enough to meet an ultimate while in middle school. The ultimate baseball star, Leon Kuwata. Despite Hana being a bit more reclusive and shy compared to Leon, the two got along quite well. Hana would listen to Leon ranting about how unfair and strict the baseball guidelines were, and in return he would help her prepare for giving speeches given her politician talent.

High school wasn't much different from middle school, although Leon was a lot more flirty. He'd be seen flirting with a lot of the females, although it was clear he wouldn't flirt with everyone; he had a specific type. He'd sometimes flirt with Hana, but she wasn't the only one on the receiving end of his flirting tactics.

After high school though, the two became disconnected. Leon went on his way to become the star of the baseball world, while Hana became a powerful and influential politician. While some disagreed with her actions to not cooperate and work with the powerful head of the Togami Cooperation, Byakuya, every other action she did was supported by the people she served.

Years passed, and the memories of spending the days at Hope's Peak and enduring Leon's flirting or hearing out his complaints about baseball rules became a memory shoved in the corners of Hana's mind. She was a successful politician; she didn't have time to think about high school memories.

One afternoon she was heading home from a long day at work and decided to take a break in a nearby cafe. They had good service, and it was on the emptier side meaning it wasn't as loud.

Taking a seat, she allowed herself to relax as she ordered her usual. As a busy politician these moments to rest were rare, yet very much appreciated.

As her drink arrived, someone entered the cafe. The ring of the bell caught Hana's attention, but it took her a good moment of looking at the person to recognize the figure as Leon. His hair was shorter than before, but there was no denying it was Leon. Grabbing her drink, Hana approached the table Leon was seated at.

"Hey Leon, do you recognize me? It's Hana from high school."

It took a couple moments for Leon to place where he had heard that name, and invited Hana to join him to sit and just catch up on what's been going on. Family, friends, drama, that sort of thing.

"So, have you got a boyfriend yet?" Leon questioned

Hana shook her head, taking a sip of her drink before speaking.

"Nope. How about you; surely the popular Leon has a line of girls wanting to date him?"

Leon chuckles softly, appreciating the compliment.

"As much as I feel like a popular celebrity, I don't have a girlfriend to back up that claim."

Oh... that's a surprise. Hana hadn't expected to hear that.

Some time passed, and before the two knew it, it was getting late.

"It was nice being able to catch up with you after so long. How about we exchange numbers to keep in contact?"

Hana was quick to agree to this suggestion, the two exchanging contact information. Afterwards the both of them left to continue to live their normal lives. While Hana was easily able to accept the meeting and move on, Leon was having trouble. He was having thoughts and feelings that he could only identify as a crush. As the impatient type, a couple of weeks later he invited Hana to go to another cafe with him so they could talk some more.

At the cafe however, Leon was quick to get to the point and asked Hana out to be his girlfriend. Hana's answer wasn't what Leon was expecting though.

"I'm sorry, but I can't accept your offer. As a politician I don't have any privacy. I don't like the idea of our relationship being public knowledge."

Leon frowned softly, but was quick to reply.

"But you don't not like me? Perhaps we can just go out to eat; it'll be my treat." Leon stated with a soft wink.

Chuckling softly, Hana gave in.

"Fine, but don't get your hopes up. We're just going out on a date as friends... nothing more..."

At least for now. Maybe one day when Hana's life wasn't invaded and publicly displayed she could date Leon, but until then they'd just have to go on these 'friendly' meet-ups.