Real Life Love (Sonia Nevermind X Female Reader Fluff)

Thank you Cl0v3rs0fTr4sh for requesting this. I hope it'll be to your liking.

~ ~ ~

"(Name), I can't believe you'd do this for me! I absolutely love it!"

You smiled softly, glad to see your girlfriend Sonia was pleased with your gift. Sonia had been wanting to attend a convention for a while now, and you got a favor from a student in another class to make custom cosplay for the both of you to wear. You had the princess outfit, and Sonia had the knight outfit.

"I thought you might like a break from being a princess, so while you're wearing this you can be a knight like in your favorite movies."

Sonia always appreciated the knights in the movies, as the princess usually didn't do much. Princesses in the media weren't always portrayed in the best of light.

"You don't know how happy this makes me. Thank you, thank you!"

Sonia caught you off guard by bringing you in for a hug as she jumped up and down. Sonia's smile quickly became contagious as you found yourself becoming more excited for the convention. It wasn't for a few days, but now you really don't regret showing the surprise sooner.

"I promise to be the best knight I can, Princess (Name)."

You chuckled softly as Sonia did a playful bow. It was odd seeing her bow as she was usually bowed to, but you didn't mind. Is this what it's like to be a princess; being bowed to?

"I trust you with my life, my esteemed knight."

The both of you broke into giggles as you both talked about the things you wanted to do at the convention. You could already tell you were going to have the best of times there.

~ ~ ~

"Wow! So this is a real Japanese convention. There's so many people here!"

You smiled as you saw Sonia looking around at the various people, some already in costume and others just in regular attire. You had both decided to get changed at the convention since you didn't want to risk dirtying the clothes on the trip to the convention.

"Shall we go find a changing area to get into our costumes?"

"Yes, we should! Do you mind leading the way?"

You nod softly, leading Sonia to the changing area; although a large line had already formed.

"Are the lines at conventions usually this long?"

You nodded softly, taking a soft sigh. Perhaps it would've been better if you had just changed beforehand. Nothing you could do about it now though. Luckily it wasn't too long before you were able to change into your cosplays.

"(Name), you look amazing in that outfit. You're like a real princess!"

You found yourself flustered at Sonia's words; especially considering she is a real princess. Even so, you also found yourself admiring Sonia in her knight uniform; she wore it well.

"T-Thank you... Shall we get going?"

Sonia smiled widely before grabbing your arm. It's not like her being this close is unusual, but even so it never failed to get you flustered.

"Yes, of course! I want to see everything!"

You had figured Sonia would want to see everything, so you had already planned a path so you could see as much as possible in one day. There was a lot to see from the various cosplay to the merchandise you could purchase, not to mention the authentic Japanese snacks and stalls you could get food from.

It was safe to say the day wouldn't be slowing down anytime soon, as Sonia was eager to go from one thing to another. The only time you weren't walking around was when Sonia told you to sit while she got some snacks and drinks for the both of you; she was taking the knight role seriously it seems...

"Hey, you in the dress; why don't you turn around and show us the goods?"

With every convention there's bound to be a couple of creeps; it's just your luck that they decided to mess with you. Was it the dress perhaps? Regardless, you weren't a fan of their tone or even just the fact they were approaching.

"Halt! Thy shalt not pursue any further! Princess (Name) is not for scum like yourselves to feast upon!"

Even though Sonia was taking on the knight role here to protect you, her powerful voice and stance made her princess self truly shine; she was truly commanding these men to back down; and it actually worked.

"(Name), are you alright?"

You nodded softly, feeling exhausted from the interaction; or maybe it was from walking around since early morning.

"I actually found the perfect place for us to dig into our snacks; follow me!"

Grabbing your hand, Sonia began to lead you around the convention. You were unsure where she was going, until eventually you were both outside, in an area less crowded. There was a bench facing towards the fading sun, the colors of the sunset lighting up the area.

"Come, sit!" Sonia stated, leading you to the bench, "I have the perfect thing for us to try."

You watched Sonia search through her bag as she soon pulled out a box of pocky.

"If we do the pocky game we can be like real life anime characters; but of course I'd rather imagine I'm doing this with my amazing girlfriend (Name)!"

How could Sonia state such things without getting flustered? Did it have something to do with being a princess?

"O-Okay..."

Sonia was quick to pull out one of the pocky's, letting you have the side with more chocolate. Even though eating down the pocky didn't take too long, it felt like forever with how nervous you were feeling. Ending in a kiss, it seemed like the perfect end to a wonderful day.

"Thanks for doing that with me (Name); I can't wait to see what else is in store for our real life love story!"

"Yeah... I-I can't either..."

At least it was clear more moments like this were in store; time to accept your life as a real life anime character....