Lost Love (Ryoma Hoshi X OC Fluff)

Hello! Sorry for taking so long to get your request ready RainbowSwirls12 but I hope it was worth the wait. Here you go!

P.S-Still accepting requests. If I don't get any, I'll just do author requests (I write what I want, pretty simple).

***

"What?! You can't be serious! You have to move away!"
Ryoma only nodded sadly, unsure if any words would get through to his bubbly friend.
Koemi felt the shock and sadness at first, but being a generally positive person, the brunette quickly pulled around to see the positive side of things.
"Well then, I expect to see that your tennis skills have improved the next time I see you!" Koemi said with a smile.
Ryoma would be shocked at the unusual cheeriness in someone's voice. But this was Koemi Kagurashi; his best friend. And her most prominent trait was that she always happy and bubbly.
Ryoma smiled.
"I'll make sure to do just that for you. And what can I get you to promise?"
Koemi didn't hesitate to respond.
"Isn't is obvious? I'm going to find my own talent, so I can be just like you!" Koemi declared.
"Well then, I can't wait to see what talent you embody."
Before anything else could be said, Ryoma's parents called for him, and he had to leave.
"See you around." Ryoma stated, before walking away.
Even though she was indeed sad to see her friend go, she was mostly just looking forward to the time she'd be able to see her dear friend again.
'Just you wait Ryoma, I'm going to find my own talent, and show the world what Koemi Kagurashi can do!'
Koemi then started working right away, hoping that she'd be able to achieve her dream.
Koemi would work for years to try to achieve this wish... And never quite reach it. No matter what talent she tried, there was always someone who was better than her. But this didn't discourage Koemi. If anything, this only encouraged Koemi to keep trying to find her own talent.
Soon enough, she was accepted into Hope's Peak Academy... As a reserve course student, due to her parents being very rich.
Again, this change in development didn't worry Koemi, for she just knew that she'd find her talent eventually.
Little did Koemi know that her biggest motivation was much closer than she expected.
Ryoma was accepted into Hope's Peak, allowing for him to be freed from his jail sentence.
But even with this newly found freedom, this didn't give Ryoma anymore motivation than that of zero.
Due to the mafia incident, Ryoma thought that all of his loved ones were dead.
Family.
Friends.
Other loved ones.
And even the one he loved the most.
Koemi Kagurashi.
Even though he had no proof that she was dead, he also didn't have any proof that she was alive either.
'Why should I even bother to come here? To Hope's Peak? Sure, it may get me out of jail, but that doesn't mean I have a reason to live outside of the jail cell...'
If only Ryoma knew the truth. The truth that one of his loved ones survived the mafia attack.
... And that he'd meet up with her soon.
***
'Ugh! This is so boring! In addition, this class isn't helping me get any closer to finding my ultimate talent!' Koemi thought in frustration.
All she wanted to do was visit the ultimates, and see what truly made them elite, in hopes of gaining inspiration.
And that's when a brilliant idea came to Koemi.
"Excuse me, may I please go to the nurse's office? I'm not feeling too well."
The teacher didn't really care either way, so he dismisses Koemi without a fight.
Once out of the classroom, Koemi headed straight for the main course building.
Using her 'special ninja moves', Koemi was able to get to the building undetected.
When she looked inside the classrooms, she noticed all the ultimates doing whatever.
Not what she expected from an 'ultimate' class.
Feeling discouraged, Koemi decided to walk away from the class.
'Not quite what I expected... What a disappointment...'
Meanwhile, Ryoma couldn't believe what he had just seen.
It was a glimpse of someone... But it couldn't be Koemi...
... Could it?
She was supposed to be dead, so how could he be seeing her?
Feeling the need to figure out this mystery for himself, Ryoma requested to use the bathroom.
After gaining approval, Ryoma exited the classroom.
Once he was out, he began to run through the halls, hoping to find who he thought he saw.
When Koemi heard running, she tried to hide from this person, for she didn't want to be caught.
But before she could, she felt a hand drag her back.
"Let me-"
Once Koemi saw who the person was, she stopped mid-sentence.
"R-Ryoma?!"
This was a huge shocked to Koemi, but an even larger groundshaker to Ryoma.
Koemi was alive?!
"Koemi, is that really you?"
Koemi smiled.
"Of course it is! I'm so glad to hear that you remember me!"
'I can't believe it... The mafia didn't get to Koemi... She's really alive...'
Ryoma then pulled Koemi in for a hug, taking Koemi off guard.
"Ryoma, are you okay?" Koemi questioned.
Ryoma only nodded in response.
After a few more seconds, Ryoma finally pulled away.
"Sorry about that." Ryoma apologized, while looking away.
"It's fine. Anyway... Want to hang out?"
"That would be nice. But... How did you get here?"
"I'm... Well, I snuck out of the reserve course building. I was hoping to find inspiration from the ultimates." Koemi explained.
'So... It seems like Koemi still hasn't found her talent yet...'
"Well then, you should head back to your class. I'll hang out with you after school."
Koemi pouted.
"Fine... I'll be expecting you to meet up with me!"
"You can count on me to keep my word."
Koemi smiled, before running off.
'It's still hard to believe that she's back... No - she never left... The thing that's returning... Is my motivation to live...'
Meanwhile, Koemi couldn't wait for classes to end.
'It's disappointing that I still don't have a talent to show to Ryoma, but maybe hanging out with him will give me such inspiration to do find my own talent!'
When school finally ended for the day, Koemi was the first one out of the building, where she found Ryoma waiting for her.
"You kept your promise." Koemi said with a smile.
"Of course. So, what do you want to do?"
Koemi thought for a moment, before responding.
"How about we head to a nearby café, and talk about our lives and events that have happened in the past few years?"
"Sure."
Ryoma and Koemi then headed to a nearby café, where they were quickly seated, and given their menus.
"I can pay for us if you want." Koemi offered.
Ryoma wanted to protest, but after realizing the debt he was in due to jail and such, he didn't.
"If you want to, I won't stop you."
After awhile, they were able to order, and while they waited for their food to be prepared, they caught up on events that had happened.
"Wait... You were in jail?!"
Ryoma only looked away.
"Yeah."
"How come!? What happened?!"
"... That's a story for another day..."
Not wanting to make Ryoma uncomfortable, Koemi didn't push the topic any further.
After some time of just talking, their food came, and they ate their delicious meals.
"After we finish, do you want me to walk you home?" Ryoma offered.
"Aw, you want to end the date so soon?"
Ryoma was taken back by this statement.
"Date?"
"Well yeah. Two close friends eating out at a café... Doesn't that sound like a date to you?"
Koemi was secretly hoping Ryoma would go along with this, for she had always wanted to go out on a date with Ryoma.
"... I guess it does. If that's the case, and we are indeed on a date, what would you like to do next?"
Koemi thought for a moment, before responding.
"Why don't we go play some miniature golf? It's not too dark yet." Koemi suggested.
"Okay."
After paying for the food, Koemi and Ryoma headed to the nearby miniature golf place, and played a round of miniature golf.
Even though it wasn't his ultimate talent, Ryoma won the match.
"Ugh! Why must you be so good at everything?"
Ryoma chuckled.
'Seems like Koemi hasn't changed one bit.'
"Not sure."
"Well, before we head home for the night, want to go watch a movie? I've been dying to see the newest movie in the puppy demon series."
"Puppy demon? I'm surprised you're into something like that."
Koemi laughed slightly.
"Thank random movie nights for that find."
"Alright then..."
Ryoma and Koemi then headed to the movie theater, where Koemi ended up paying for the movie tickets and popcorn.
But she didn't mind.
Once they entered the movie room, Ryoma noticed lots of couples in the room holding hands, kissing, etc.
It made him sick that they'd show such high signs of affection in a public place.
But it also made him feel lonely inside.
Koemi had said that they were on a date, but did that make them a couple?
"Come on, I know the perfect seat!" Koemi said, before leading Ryoma to a seat that had a perfect view of the movie.
... Even with Ryoma's height...
"Thanks." Ryoma said, while sitting down.
Koemi smiled.
"Anytime!"
The movie soon started, and the horror film started.
Ryoma wasn't fazed at all during the movie, but Koemi was.
A lot.
'Why would Koemi choose this movie if it scares her so much?' Ryoma would think every time Koemi got scared.
After the movie, Koemi finally agreed to let Ryoma walk her home.
"So... Do you think that we can do this more often?" Koemi questioned, as they approached her house.
"Sure. That'd be nice." Ryoma answered with a small smile.
Koemi then turned to Ryoma, and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
"I'll be looking forward to it, boyfriend."
Without giving Ryoma a chance to respond, Koemi entered her home, leaving Ryoma outside in shock.
'Boyfriend, huh? I guess I can get behind that.'
Ryoma then left, happy that he finally had a reason to live.
... Something he had been desperately missing...
... Had finally returned to him.
Koemi Kagurashi.
The love of his life.
Nothing could make him any happier.
Nothing.