Nervous News (Genderbend!Maki Harukawa X Genderbend!Pregnant!Kokichi Oma Fluff)

First off, I'm sorry Empress6L. I was unable to find a Maki/Kokichi pic with them being genderbend. I hope a regular pic is okay. Also, I used slightly different names for them since they're... you know, genderbend. They are Makio for Maki and Kichi for Kokichi. I hope you'll enjoy. (I know it's a bit shorter I'm sorry I had some difficultly making the story longer)
~ ~ ~

Kichi couldn't believe it. Her hands were trembling, holding the pregnancy test.

The pregnancy test that confirmed her worst fears; she was indeed pregnant. Things weren't supposed to end up this way. The two of them were supposed to hook up once and never mention it again; how can she face Makio like this?

Kichi knew that she couldn't just avoid going to class; some of the students may come to see if she's okay if she skips school. Besides, she'd have to tell Makio sooner or later; it's not like she can explain just suddenly gaining weight.

Kichi got dressed in her usual attire, grabbing her bags and exiting the school dorms towards the main building. She felt too sick to her stomach to eat, and figured she'd just camp out at the class until it started. If she's lucky she can get Makio to agree to talk to her after class in private.

She's aware she and Makio aren't chummy with each other. It honestly still shocks her that the two of them ended up hooking up. They're supposed to pretend it never happened, but not that things have turned out this way...

"Kichi, you're here earlier than usual."

Kichi looked towards the door to see Makio; just the guy she dreaded yet wanted

to see. He was alone, which is quite rare. Usually Kaito and Shuichi hang around him.

"Don't look at me like that; Kaito dragged Shuichi off to do a morning run. I finished it up and left the two to finish it."

"Is that so? I'm surprised you didn't stay to cheer on your boyfriend..."

Makio sighed softly, taking his seat.

"I already told you that we're not dating."

Makio paused for a moment, frowning.

"You look like you want to talk about something; what's up?"

Kichi's heart was racing, finding trouble to get the words out of her throat. The words were on the tip of her throat, yet when she tried to speak out nothing came out.

"I-I... um..."

"Good morning Kichi, Makio. I do hope the both of you had a good night's rest."

Kichi nearly jumped out of her chair, startled by Kirumi entering the room.

"I-I'll tell you later..."

Kirumi seemed to understand the situation, and frowned gently.

"I can leave the room if you'd like to talk in private."

Before Kichi could respond, Tenko and Himiko entered the room. Kichi shook her head, crossing her arms slightly to use as a pillow for her head. She's sure others would notice her lack of energy, but she can't bring herself to fake it today.

Class came and went like any other day, except this time Kichi found herself glancing at the clock much more frequently. Her anticipation to talk to Makio was driving her crazy. She just couldn't wait any longer.

The moment classes finished for the day, Kichi dragged Makio out of the classroom. She didn't care if the others came up with stories of what they were doing; she couldn't keep this to herself.

Kichi stopped when they were in a quiet, empty room. No one was using it, so it was perfect for them to conduct their conversation in. Kichi took a moment to catch her breath, Makio simply waiting for her.

"Alright, you have me out here all alone; what's this important thing you need to tell me?"

Kichi took a couple deep breaths, mentally telling herself to just go for it. What's the worst thing Makio can do; kill her? Okay that's actually a bad outcome.

"Makio... I... I'm... pregnant."

Makio went quiet, his face going slightly pale. He certainly wasn't expecting that confession. Thinking back, he did forget to use protection. Even so...

"If you'd rather avoid talking to me after this, I don't blame you... I doubt out of everyone in the class you'd want to have your child with me."

Makio sighs softly, trying to find the right words to say.

"When you mentioned having something important to say, part of me wondered if this was what you were going to say. I don't get why you think I'd leave you after all of this. You already know I was raised in an orphanage for the most part; what kind of guy would I be to abandon my child like this? I'm not going to say I love you at the moment, because I don't. But perhaps helping you through the pregnancy and raising our child... I'll grow to love the mother of my child."

Kichi's eyes began to water, unable to hold back her emotions. She soon found herself hugging Makio, who ended up hugging back gently.

"You remember that, similar to Rantaro, I have two talents, right? I'll do whatever I can to help raise our child. I'll be with you for every step of the way."

Kichi continued to hug Makio, feeling warmth and safety in his arms. This turned out better than expected. She knew she and Makio weren't always on the best of terms, but perhaps this experience would lead to the two of them getting closer. She can't tell if it's because she now has Makio's child or not, but a part of her definitely wants to spend more time with Makio. Maybe... just maybe she's starting to fall in love with Makio. For now, she can only hope that over time Makio will start to feel the same way towards her.