Can't Say Goodbye (Kazuichi Soda X Female Reader Angst)

KinokoStories, I hope I did this justice. I don't write angst too often, but I think it should be to your liking.

~ ~ ~

"I'll see you tomorrow, right? At the usual time?"

"Yep, you got it. Goodnight Kazuichi."

"Goodnight (Name)."

Kazuichi watched as (Name) walked off, taking a deep sigh once they were out of his sight. She had mentioned going off to hang out with some of the girls for a sleepover, but promised they'd still eat breakfast together.

Even after spending time together and getting past multiple killings amongst the group, Kazuichi still felt like he was only close with (Name). Perhaps it's because they knew each other before this absurd killing game. Actually, now that he thinks about it, that makes a lot of sense. It was the same way for Fuyuhiko and Peko, so it's not that hard to believe.

Kazuichi looked up at the sky, trying to figure out what to do with his time now that (Name) had left. He typically hung around her as she was one of the few who tolerated his presence. Granted those (Name) also hung out with would be upset with him being there, but (Name) always stood up for him.

Kazuichi began to walk back towards his cabin, not feeling like staying out for much longer. It was late, and who knows what person could try to kill him in the heat of the moment. Kazuichi would know being emotional more than most on this island.

He could hear the noise of the girl's slumber party, but he decided to ignore it. His perverted side may have told him to check it out, but with (Name) there he decided against it; he doesn't want to lose one of the few people actually close to him. It's odd really; he'd think he'd want to perv on those he likes, given he usually only likes people for appearances.

(Name) was different... she stuck with him throughout it all; she didn't even leave him when he changed to a punk style and attitude. She always supported him, and made sure to refer anyone who needed their machines fixed up to him, giving him and his father more business.

"Shit, I think I'm in love... Like, actual love..." Kazuichi muttered, plopping down on his bed.

He knew there was no way (Name) could feel the same way as him, and he screamed into his pillow, letting all of his frustrations out. He figured he should hide the feelings, not wanting to make their close friendship become awkward, or even worse, lose it all together.

"There's no way... she'd feel the same... just get some sleep and hopefully you can forget about your feelings..."

With that, Kazuichi went to sleep. It wasn't easy, but just like every other night on this twisted island he managed to do it. He slept just fine, not having any interruptions that woke him up. Well, until the morning announcement that is.

"That damn bear, why can't he just let us sleep in for once?" Kazuichi complained, having fallen out of bed at the announcement startling him awake.

It didn't take Kazuichi too long to get ready, heading to the spot where he and (Name) always met up. It wasn't anything special, being right by the pool outside the cabins, but it was their spot. Seems like he was a few minutes early; that's fine though. He can wait.

Okay... It's past time, but to be fair she did attend a sleepover, and he hadn't seen the other girls; maybe she's just getting ready with the other girls? Shoo dirty thoughts.

Oh, there're the girls... (Name) is the only one not with them.

"Hey, where's (Name)?"

Chiaki frowned.

"What are you talking about? (Name) never joined us."

"Yeah, that was totally uncool! How dare she dip on us!" Ibuki added.

"W-We thought she was w-with you..." Mikan explained, stuttering over her words.

What did they just say?

"You're joking, right? (Name) left last evening to go to your slumber party; she's gotta have been with you. This is just a prank..."

Kazuichi quickly turns to hurry to where everyone gathered to eat, hoping (Name) was just earlier than him and missed him. Maybe she forgot to wait for him? That's got to be it...!

Entering, Kazuichi was only met with some of the guys; no (Name) in sight.

"Has anyone seen (Name)?"

Nagito shook his head, and it was the same response for the others in there.

"Maybe she's in her cabin? I thought she'd be with you." Hajime stated, putting his glass of orange juice down.

Kazuichi hurried to (Name)'s cabin, shocked that the door was unlocked. But (Name) was nowhere to be seen. No signs of a struggle either...

"Where the hell did you go?"

Kazuichi ran from island to island, desperate to find (Name). She had to be around here somewhere, he just knew it.

Finally arriving on the third island, Kazuichi hoped to find at least a sign of where (Name) was. What he found though was much, much worse.

Entering the oddly-named Titty Typhoon, Kazuichi found the body of his close friend. Her body was tied up so her arms were straight up and her legs close together. Hanging sideways, her body hung over a put-out fire; her body burned to a crisp, but still recognizable in some sense.

The first reaction was shock, but then he screamed. This was a dead body, (Name)'s dead body. (Name) was dead; someone killed her. Someone killed his best friend, the person he was closest to.

Collapsing on the floor, Kazuichi began to weep. He didn't try to hold back or hold up appearances; he just let it all out. It's just his luck to lose the one person close to him in this killing game.

"Kazuichi, I came to see what was... Oh..." Fuyuhiko trailed off when he spotted (Name)'s body. He had been going on a morning walk, looking for clues when he had heard the scream; guess now he knows why.

Kazuichi didn't acknowledge Fuyuhiko's arrival, his breakdown too much for him to handle. He cried and cried, even as Fuyuhiko left to gather the others. Even when they returned, he couldn't acknowledge anyone arriving.

With the Monokuma announcement, there was no denial that this was a dead body; not like he needed Monokuma's word to make that obvious. Throughout the investigation, Kazuichi found himself unable to really participate, a shell of what he once was. He was like a ghost, quiet even when others asked for his alibi and such.

When everyone gathered for the class trial, Kazuichi found himself struggling to participate. Well, it's not like he had much to offer in the first place. However, when something about the murder was brought up, he caught notice of something no one else seemed to; for once he figured out the murderer before anyone else. In the heat of the moment Kazuichi decided to make a drastic decision; to make it so the group would make a wrong vote. He'd made an alibi for the killer, spit lies, whatever he could to disrupt the argument to make everyone make the wrong decision.

His sudden participation was noticed by the others, seeing it as odd. Kazuichi was able to fake a persona of wanting to catch the killer, although that was nothing but a big fat lie.

At the end of it, they managed to come to the wrong answer; to Kazuichi's delight. Before Monokuma could do anything though, Kazuichi made his move. Moving over to Saionji, he bashed her head in with a wrench he always had on him. It was easy to overpower her, and before any of the others could react the deed was done.

"Well then... Kazuichi, even if you killed the blackened, you're all still going to die. Let's give it all we got for the punishment time!"

The others tried to ask Kazuichi why he did it, but they were all picked off before they could get a proper answer. Kazuichi awaited his own death, and met it with a solemn smile. As a child he had always been afraid of death, but now he didn't mind it. He'd be able to see (Name), and that's really all he wanted at the moment...

I'll see you soon, (Name)...