Surprise Trip (Rantaro Amami X Male Reader Fluff)

This was requested by th3ult1m4t3b1tch I hope this is to your liking.

~ ~ ~

"You're going to be returning today, right?"

As much as you loved your boyfriend Rantaro, there were times when you wished he wasn't on constant trips around the world. Or at least would allow you to come with him in search of his sisters. He insisted that it was too dangerous for you, but you were sure you could handle yourself. Your talent may be (talent), but that shouldn't hold you back from assisting Rantaro. If Rantaro can hone his talent outside of Hope's Peak, so can you.

"Of course. I'll be landing in a couple hours; want me to pick up any food on my way back? It'll be my treat."

Checking to see that he had texted you back, you were quick to respond.

"I'll be fine, thanks. I'm looking forward to seeing you when you return."

As tempting as food was, it wouldn't be necessary as you were going to meet Rantaro at the airport. It's been too long since you've seen him; there's no way you were going to wait for him to drive all the way back. Besides, you know Rantaro doesn't particularly like to drive; it'll be a nice surprise to pick him up.

Grabbing your wallet you left your dorm room to get to your car. Sure he said it'd be a couple hours, but it's at least an hour drive there. Besides, you were just too damn impatient to sit around.

After arriving at the airport you had to wait about two hours before you saw Rantaro's signature fluffy green hair poking out amongst the crowd. With him being taller than the average Japanese adult, it was easy to see him.

Hurrying up to him, you could see him smile once you entered his line of sight. You gave each other your signature fist bump once you were within distance to do so; it was your way of greeting each other.

"Hey (Name); long time no see. I hope you didn't wait too long for me here."

"It's your own fault we haven't seen each other for so long. Here, I'll help you with your luggage."

You didn't let Rantaro fight back as you took one of his bags and suitcases from him. He wasn't the type to take much on his travels, but you still wanted to help him.

"I suppose that's true, but the longer I wait the more likely they'll be gone for good."

You nod understandingly, although you knew you could never fully understand what it was like to lose all your sisters around the world; you didn't even have any siblings.

"Does that mean you'll be leaving soon?" You inquired, the both of you now exiting the building. You made sure to have Rantaro follow you to your car.

"Yeah. I plan on leaving tomorrow actually."

You nearly dropped his bag in shock, almost tripping over your feet.

"You're kidding. You just got back!"

Rantaro nodded, helping to put his stuff in your car before sitting in the passenger's seat. You were quick to join him, already dreading the fact he'd be leaving you tomorrow.

"On the plus side... I'll be taking you with me."

It's a good thing you hadn't started driving away yet, because you surely would've crashed into something. Rantaro had never even brought up the possibility of you joining him, so this was a true shock.

"Are you serious? Where are we going?"

Rantaro chuckles softly at your enthusiasm.

"I'll tell you later. Can we go get something to eat before we head back to the dorms? I'm starving; airplane food just doesn't cut it."

You nod understandingly, beginning to drive away from the airport.

"Of course. Let's see what we can find."

After picking up some food to eat the both of you returned to the dorms. You both shared a dorm room, but because Rantaro wasn't there a good portion of the time it was mainly occupied by your things. Rantaro didn't mind as he wasn't there enough to care.

"Do you want me to help you pack? Our plane leaves early in the morning."

You shook your head, already gathering things you'd need. Clothes, bathroom essentials, the like.

"You deserve to rest after your trip; I can handle this myself. Are we heading somewhere with extreme weather; I'd like to prepare accordingly."

Rantaro nods as he collapses on his own bed.

"The place we're headed to is really warm. There's also water so you may want to prepare a swimsuit. If you don't need any help I'll just doze off here; I already set an alarm so I'll get you up when it's time."

You were going to ask Rantaro for more details, but it wasn't long before he was out. Chuckling softly, you helped to tuck Rantaro under the covers before getting back to work. This was your first time going with Rantaro on one of his trips so you wanted to be ready for it.

While you didn't know when Rantaro was going to wake you up, you knew it was going to be early so you headed to bed once you were done packing your things. Even if you only got a few hours of sleep, you knew it'd be better than nothing.

And sure enough you only got a couple hours of sleep as Rantaro was soon waking you up. Your tired self trudged out of bed, confused as to what you were doing as Rantaro led you to the car, luggage already packed in.

"Just get some rest; I'll wake you when we arrive at the airport."

Nodding softly, your eyes were quick to close. Sleeping in cars wasn't something you often did, but with it being dark out and Rantaro playing some classical music from his phone, it wasn't long before you were out.

When you arrived at the airport, Rantaro helped you through the process of preparing for the flight as it had been a while since you had left the country; the last time being for an event regarding your talent when you were a kid.

Soon enough you were on the flight, and Rantaro had suggested you get some sleep. It wasn't difficult to do, and you were fast asleep as the plane began its flight.

Some time passed, and Rantaro was shaking you awake. You had to take a moment to process where you were, but it didn't take long to register that you were on a flight. Well, a flight that was beginning to arrive at its destination.

"We have arrived in Hawaii; we hope you enjoyed your flight and we hope to see you again."

Hawaii!? You were going to Hawaii?!

You looked at Rantaro in confusion as he simply chuckled.

"I thought we were going to go to some obscure country to search for your sisters."

Rantaro shakes his head as he gives you a forehead kiss, promptly leaving you flustered. He was always so smooth with his actions, it really was unfair.

"I figured with how I've been leaving you so much to travel the world you deserved something like this; a vacation for the both of us. I already booked the hotel and some things for us to do together. You're always so accepting of my long travels, this is the least I can do."

You took a moment to process this as you looked out the window as the airplane got closer to the ground. The water was sparkling and it just had a tropical vibe that you loved.

"Rantaro, I don't know what to say..."

"Then don't say anything. I'll show you the way to the hotel when we arrive; we have two weeks to enjoy this vacation so we might as well get our things in the room so we can start enjoying ourselves as soon as possible."

Two weeks?! Sometimes you have to remind yourself Rantaro is rich...

You nod understandingly.

"Alright."

You had to admit you were already looking forward to all the things you would be doing with Rantaro. Chilling at the beach, trying the tropical foods, participating in the local activities... This was a surprise vacation, but one you knew you weren't going to forget.