The Words I Never Said (Sonosuke Izayoi X Male Reader Angst)

This was requested by justKamukura I hope you'll enjoy this, as it is my first attempt at writing a male reader. Hope I don't disappoint.

This is in an AU with no killing game, just so you're aware. 

In addition, this angst one-shot has some dark themes such as cutting and suicide, so if you don't like that, then I suggest you don't read this one-shot. 

I'm still taking requests, so feel free to leave me with some. =^-^=

~~~

(y/n) sighed as he heard Sonosuke's voice from across the classroom. Though, like always, it was quickly followed by Ruruka's voice.

"Your cooking is the best." Sonosuke praised.

"Of course it is! My pastries are always the best!" Ruruka boasted.

'I don't get it... Why does Sonosuke love her? She's always rude to everyone, and very manipulative...' (y/n) thought with a frown.

But (y/n) wasn't going to judge. Sonosuke must have a good reason for liking Ruruka. After all, Sonosuke was the best, most amazing person.

At least, in (y/n)'s eyes.

Sure, it might seem like he had a girly crush on Sonosuke, but (y/n) didn't care. He knew that Sonosuke would never feel the same way, and so it didn't matter how much he loved him.

(y/n) had met Sonosuke during their first year of attending Hope's Peak, and had fallen not long after. When he had learned that he had a girlfriend, he was crushed. But he wasn't surprised. Sonosuke was an amazing person, so it'd make sense that he'd already be taken. Besides... What are the chances of Sonosuke being gay?

None.

(y/n) sighed once more, before focusing back on his work. Being the ultimate (talent) took a lot of work, and so he had no time to waste.

When class ended, (y/n) headed to his locker to get his backpack, when he found a note awaiting him.

Curious, he read the note.

Meet me outside the school near the back around 3:30 pm. Don't keep me waiting.

'Who was this?' (y/n) wondered

A secret admirer? An enemy? Someone else?

Looking at his phone, (y/n) saw that it was almost 3:30 pm.

After quickly grabbing his things and closing his locker, (y/n) sprinted to the outside of the school, where he found Ruruka waiting for him.

"Ruruka? Were you the one who sent me this note?" (y/n) questioned, while showing the note.

"Yep! I sure did! Good job on calculating that easy puzzle."

(y/n) was confused. Utterly confused.

Why would Ruruka want to see him?

"Why did you send me this note?" (y/n) questioned.

Ruruka frowned, before pushing (y/n) to the ground.

"I'm here to give you a warning. Stay away from Sonosuke. He's mine! Got it, Bitch?!" Ruruka stated, before kicking (y/n) in the stomach.

(y/n) groaned in pain, as his hands went for his stomach.

"U-Understood..." (y/n) weakly called out.

Even though (y/n) was male, that didn't mean that he was strong. He couldn't stand up to Ruruka, even if he wanted to. Especially since she could easily tell Sonosuke about it.