Waves of Luck (Makoto Naegi X Female Reader Fluff)

Thank you FLUFFYREI-- for requesting this. I have to admit I had a lot of fun writing this one, so I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

~ ~ ~

"(Name), guess what happened. Komaru told me to enter this contest and I won. I was able to win two tickets for the nearby aquarium, and I... um..."

Seeing Makoto get flustered at what he wanted to say, you smiled softly. It was clear that he was trying to ask you out on a date; even after dating for a while he still got flustered over the smallest things.

"I'd love to go on a date with you. When are the tickets for?"

Makoto smiled awkwardly, looking at the tickets before responding, "They're for this Saturday. That doesn't interfere with any previously made plans, does it?"

You shook your head, smiling as well, "Not at all. I'm already looking forward to it."

"As am I..."

~ ~ ~

"I know this is going to sound obvious, but there's so many interesting fish and aquatic animals to look at."

You chuckled softly at Makoto's statement, glancing around at the fish you could see in your current location.

"It says here that there's going to be a dolphin show in a couple hours; we should go see it. Although there's this event going on too... There's just too much to do!"

Makoto smiled, enjoying your enthusiasm. He had worried you wouldn't like an aquarium date, but seems like his luck won out in the end.

"It's not like we can't come back some other time if we can't see everything today; let's just wander around and see what we like."

"I suppose that makes sense."

Grabbing Makoto's hand, you enjoyed seeing him get all flustered over the physical affection. It's not like you never got flustered, but Makoto certainly became more easily flustered.

Walking around the aquarium, you saw various fish and animals you normally didn't have the chance to see. After walking around for a bit, you decided to take a break and get a bite to eat. Some may have had issues with seafood being sold in an aquarium, but you and Makoto didn't mind.

"Mm, the food is so good. Yours looks good as well (Name)."

You smiled softly, getting a bite on your fork and moving it towards Makoto.

"You can try it if you want; I don't mind."

Makoto found it hard to find the words to respond, the concept of being fed while on a date really flustering him. After a couple seconds he did manage to take the bite though.

"It's good..."

You were secretly hoping Makoto would feed you as well, but he just nudged his plate towards you so you could try it; next time maybe...

~ ~ ~

"It's amazing what dolphins are able to do. We were pretty lucky to not end up getting splashed."

Makoto nodded in agreement.

"Well it's not a secret dolphins are incredibly intelligent creatures... And perhaps my luck helped with the not getting splashed issue..."

Seeing a gift shop, you contemplated getting a plushie or other souvenir, but found yourself needing to use the bathroom first. Returning shortly after, you found that Makoto had already bought a dolphin plushie.

"Here, I thought you'd like something to commemorate the date. I-I hope you like it..."

Smiling softly, you gave Makoto a soft kiss on the cheek before taking the plushie, "I love it; but not as much as I love you."

Seeing as Makoto was too flustered to function, you helped lead him away from the group of people in the store, soon enough arriving outside of the aquarium.

"We should do this again sometime, Makoto; I had a lot of fun."

"I'm... I'm glad... Do you want to walk home together...?"

You nod softly, taking Makoto's hand in yours, "I'd love that."

Walking home together, you could already feel yourself looking forward to the next date. Perhaps there will be even more opportunities to fluster your sweet boyfriend of yours too...