Flower Power (Chiaki Nanami X Female Reader Fluff)

I'm sorry pastrybunni for taking so long. I hope you'll enjoy regardless. You asked for a garden to be involved, so I hope a flower garden suffices. 

~ ~ ~

"Hey (Name), did you hear what I just said?"

I shook my head softly, briefly apologizing. I had found myself distracted... again. Recently I have begun to feel like I'm in the dumps more and more often. I'm not sure what started this, but until I can find the source I don't know if I'll be able to feel better.

"I was asking you if you'd like to head out for a bit. There's a flower garden that recently opened in town, and I hear it's really special. Maybe getting out of the house will help cheer you up."

While I'm not surprised that Chiaki would try to cheer me up, I'm surprised by her suggestion of how to cheer me up. Her usual go-to would be playing some video games; maybe even letting me win against her a couple times. It's not bad, her suggestion I mean, it's simply unexpected.

"Actually, that sounds nice. Are you sure there? You mentioned a rare find soon appearing in that game you've been playing recently."

Chiaki nods softly, standing up with a quiet yawn. Stretching softly, she places her console in her backpack.

"I'll be fine. Spending time with you is more important."

My face heated up slightly as I searched for an appropriate pair of shoes to wear. The only place I've been in the last couple days is down to the mailbox so I've only had sandals and a pair of flip-flops in sight.

Chiaki also grabbed a pair of shoes, the two of us making sure we had what we needed before heading outside. The sun made both of us use our hands for shade, our eyes adjusting to the bright light source in the sky.

"Do you know the way to the flower garden?"

Chiaki nodded, pulling out her phone which was displaying the GPS app. It was showing the directions for us to follow.

"I adjusted it so it's taking into account that we're walking rather than in a car. Shall we be going?"

Giving her a nod, the two of us began to head down the driveway and onto the sidewalk. The flower garden was about 20 minutes away, and given that both of us prefer to stay inside and play video games it may take a bit longer than that.

After getting down a couple sidewalks, Chiaki grabbed my hand and held it. The bright light made it easy to see my red cheeks, embarrassment on full display. I'm not sure if she learned from a game how to make your girlfriend flustered, but if she didn't then she may have a secret second talent...

"Look! I can see it from here."

Glancing in the direction Chiaki was pointing to, I noticed a sign welcoming people to the flower garden. It had an archway that had flowers placed on it to make it feel like you were entering into a world of flowers.

As we approached, the relaxing scent of the flowers became more prevalent. It was somehow not too overpowering, despite the abundance of flowers; and we hadn't even entered the garden yet!

It wasn't too long before we were finally in front of the archway. It was the sort of place you could just walk inside and enjoy; think of it as a public park if you will. The only main difference is the increase of flowers and seemed better attended to than most parks.

"Wow, all these flowers look so beautiful."

"Yeah, they are. Some I even recognize from my games."

"Really? Can you tell me what you know?!"

Chiaki nodded. The two of us began to walk around while Chiaki would explain what she knew about the flowers. Seems like throughout all the games she had learned facts about flowers I didn't even know existed. Listening to Chiaki, I felt like all my worries were simply washing away.

"Hey (Name), how about we take a break and sit down. There's an empty bench under the tree there."

"Yeah, sounds good. All this walking around has left me tired."

The two of us soon made our way to the bench, sitting down to rest our weary bodies. The coolness of the shade helped us in our recovery, a nice change from the bright light we had been exposed to before.

"Look over there; there's a cart selling ice cream cones. (Name), do you want me to get us some?"

Glancing over to the ice-cream cart, the allure of the sweetness was quite tempting. The both of us loved having ice-cream together; it was our most common gaming snack.

"Sure, but let me come with you."

I had begun to sit up to stand when Chiaki gently pushed me back down, standing up herself.

"Someone has to save the bench for us. I'll be fine. What flavor do you want?"

It was a bit difficult to read the options from the bench, so I simply gave Chiaki a couple flavors I enjoyed, with (flavor) being my first choice.

"Alright. I'll be back soon."

Chiaki headed to the ice-cream shop while I saved the bench for the both of us. Luckily no one tried to come and take Chiaki's spot while she was gone. Returning with the two cones, it was clear to see that (flavor) was available.

"Here you go." Chiaki said, handing my cone over to me.

"Thanks."

After grabbing the cone, I licked the ice-cream on top. Even if people would say it's an innuendo, it's the proper way to eat ice-cream cones. What do you expect me to do; bite the ice-cream and freeze my teeth? I don't think so.

"The quality of the ice-cream is better than I hoped for. We should come back here again sometime."

Chiaki nodded in agreement, enjoying her own ice-cream.

For a couple minutes the both of us simply enjoyed our ice-cream. Whenever we were playing co-op video games and it was intense the both of us would become silent, as if able to know what the other was thinking without speaking. And even when we weren't gaming, the two of us could enjoy company without the need to talk.

Some time passed, and the both of us finished our cones. We used the napkins to clean up any ice-cream that got on our hands or faces, and found a nearby trash can to throw away our trash.

This time I had gotten up to throw the trash away, and when I returned I noticed Chiaki holding her gaming device, alongside one sitting on the bench for me. I smiled softly, sitting down and quickly joining Chiaki in the game. Co-op games were our favorite, and even if I wasn't as skilled as Chiaki, we still rocked it.

The two of us simply sat next to each other on the bench and played our videogames. The relaxing nature of the flower garden enveloped us like a warm hug, the two of us soon right next to each other. A couple minutes later Chiaki had her head resting in my lap, still continuing to play. This was a pretty common occurrence, so I had gotten used to it by now. It didn't hinder any of our ability to play, and it brought us closer; quite literally.

I'm not sure how much time had passed, but soon the sun began to set. It was only when a chunk of the gamers online began to hop off that we realized that it was getting late. We put our consoles away before stretching. We had been sitting on that bench for a while after all.

"Chiaki, this has been a lot of fun... Thank you for inviting me out today."

Chiaki smiled, giving me a soft kiss on the cheek, making my face warm up.

"I'm just glad to see you're feeling better... We'll have to do this again whenever you're feeling down."

She was right though; I was feeling better. This morning I didn't think that it could be so easily solved.

"If this is what we do when I'm feeling down I may start feeling down all the time."

Chiaki chuckled, and the both of us made our way to the flower garden's exit. We both knew we'd be back soon, as if this place had the cheat code for raising our moods. It may take us out of our gaming cave at home, but it's definitely worth it.