Chapter 1

Harry adjusted his packs royal crown on his head as he stared at himself in the mirror. Today was the day. He was mating a man he didn't even know.

A month ago when his parents told him the news, he couldn't believe his ears, because no. This can't be happening. His parents would never agree to do something like that to him, would they? He spend the last month locked in his room, crying.

But now it was time, and no matter how many times everyone tried to reassure him his 'mate was lovely and everything will be fine', Harry couldn't find it in himself to believe it.

He always imagined himself falling head over heals for the perfect guy, mating him, having children and living happily ever after. He thought he would have control over who he mated, not be forced into it.

But here he was, holding back tears as he adjusted the white gown he was wearing with a golden belt around his waist. He had his packs traditional royal necklaces of all different shapes and sizes on. The same ones his ancestors wore to their weddings.

The sound of the door opening interrupted his thoughts, his mother walking in.

"Oh darling, you look beautiful." She says, tearing up herself. This agreement absolutely crushed her. They gave away Harry's right to choose who me mates. But they didn't have any other choice. If the war continued on with how it was, the chances of any of them surviving was low.

"Thanks mum." Harry whispered, hugging her for comfort.

"It's gonna be fine darling." She whispers on his ear.

"How do you know that? Mum, I don't wanna do this." He whimpered.

"Shh darling, it's okay. I've met your future mate, Louis, and he's a complete sweetheart. I'm sure he'll treat you right. And if he doesn't, the marriage ends and the mating bond is broken. I don't care if it causes an ever worse war, got it?" She tells him firmly, looking him in the eye.

He looks up at her with tears now flowing freely down his cheeks. "Okay." He whispers, although he knows he would never do that. No matter how awful he's treated, he'd never make his pack go to war again.

They hear bells chiming outside. Anne takes Harry's hand.

"It's time." She smiles. "Your farthers waiting outside."

He takes a shaky breath and nods, walking out the door to where a curtain is hiding them from view of the crowd.

His farther smiles at him once he spots his pup.

"You look beautiful, son. Your mates a lucky man."

Harry smiles at him. He loops arms with his farther, his other arm looped with his mother's and the curtains open.

All members of both packs are there, sitting in the audience. The ceremony is being helt outside in a beautiful meadow. There's trees all around them with pastel flowers decorating the place.

Harry keeps his head down the whole walk down the aisle, feeling hundreds of eyes on him.

Once he reaches the end his parents give him hugs and kisses before letting him go. He walks over and stands in front of his 'mate'.

The scent hits him like a ton of bricks. It smells like crisp forest air and fresh wood with a hint of vanilla. He can also sense nerves coming from the man in front of him, just like himself.

When Harry looks up his breath hitches. Standing there, is the most beautiful man he's ever layed eyes on. He's got crystal clear blue eyes, fluffy carmel hair that's styled into a quiff. He's smiling gently at Harry and oh god. He's got the most perfect smile.
He pushes his hands out to hold Harry's. His hands are soft, yet a little calloused. It made Harry's arms feel like jelly.

The ceremony goes by quick, Harry spending the whole thing mesmerised by his future mates beauty. Then it's time to finalise the bond. Now that snaps him back into reality.

His heart starts to beat faster and his hands start to sweat and shake. Louis must notice his because he smiles sweetly at Harry.

"Hey? It's okay love. I promise."

Oh my god. His voice was like liquid honey, music to Harry's ears. Harry felt some of his worries slip away just at the few words.

Louis looks at Harry for permission to start. Once Harry nods he gentally cradles Harry's cheeks and leans in, giving a small kiss to his mating spot before biting down.

Harry whimpers and his knees give out. If it wasn't for the now strong grip Louis has on his waist he would have fallen flat on his face. He closes his eyes when the pain started to fade away, leaving a warn feeling.

After a few seconds Louis retracts his canines. He then starts licking the wound to seal it and help it heal.

After someone bites a mating mark on their partner, they have to lick it clean. It helps to seal the wound and keep it clean, as well as soothe it.

Once he was happy, Louis leans away from Harry's neck and smiles at him. "Are you okay?"

Harry doesn't even realise he's crying until Louis reaches out to carefully wipe away a tear from his cheek.

"Y-Yeah. I'm okay." Harry smiles. It was now his turn to give Louis his mating bite. "Can I?" He nods towards Louis' neck.

Louis smile and nods.

Harry takes a deep breath before leaning in. Louis' devine smell gets even stronger the closer Harry gets and it makes his head spin. He gives a few kitten licks before extracting his canines, sinking them into Louis' neck.

He feels likes he's not even in his own body as he leaves his mark. After retracting his canines he gives the mark careful licks until he deems it's perfect. He leans away to admire his work and look at Louis to find his eyes closed in delight.

"I now pronounce you mates!" He hears the mating officiant declare, before him and Louis slowly lean in for their first kiss.

It's nothing like Harry ever imagined. Louis' lips are soft and thin, fitting perfectly against his plump ones. Louis' breath is minty with a hint of, strawberries? Whatever it is Harry's obsessed.

Mabye this wasn't such a bad thing after all.