Chapter 9

Once Louis arrives at the pack house he goes straight to the nurses room. He kicks the swinging doors open and everyone in the room gasps at seeing their Head Alpha and Luna in such conditions.

"He got attacked by rogues, please just help him." Louis tells them as he gentally lays Harrys body on the table.

"Dear, we know you are probably distraught, but what did the rogues do to him?" One of them, Jane, asks Louis.

"I don't know what they did before hand but...but they bit into his neck and another one was biting and scratching all over his body." Louis tells them, getting angry again at the fucking dickheads who hurt his baby.

"Thank you lovely. Stay in here, his omega knows when your around and it brings him peace, as well as Harry. Just don't get in our way okay? We'll help him" The woman says in a motherly voice and Louis weakly nods.

They get to work, unwrapping Harry from the blanket. They carefully wipe of all the blood from his body to get a good look at the wounds. He's got scratches all over him, but that's the least of his problems. There's deep gashes running down his calfls and arms, as well as deep claw wounds on his tummy. His neck is a mess, all chewed out. Louis' eyes water at the sight.

He can't believe that's his omega, laying up on that table looking like that. And it's all his fault.

If he had been a good alpha and taken the time to make sure Harry was with them, none of this would've happened. Disturbing images of his omega feeling abandoned and unloved as he's ganged up on by rogues take over his mind, causing him to squeeze his eyes shut.

He reaches out and holds Harrys limp hand, praying that he's going to be okay.

Words already gotten around about the incident, everyone in the pack worried about their Luna. Harrys family and friends are outside the nurses room, tears flowing from their eyes as they wait until they can see him.

***

It's not until a few hours later that Harry's all patched up. He's got a bandage wrapped around his neck and the rest of his wounds. He's wearing a gown with the abdomen of it cut so it can flap up and down, just to make it easier for them to access his stomach wounds and for him to be more comfortable.

He's still under anaesthetic, but his family can come see him.

They've taken him up into Louis' and his room to heal, them now taking the head alpha and Luna room. It's not only more comforting for the omega to be surrounded by his and his alphas scent, but also will help him heal.

Louis sits at the end of the bed as Harry's parents, sister, Zayn, Niall and Liam all see Harry, even if he's still under.

He hasn't spoken to anyone, too ashamed to even look them in the eye.

Someone pats him on the shoulder, making him look up. It's Zayn, smiling weakly at him. "Hey, you okay?"

"No." Louis whispers, looking back down.

"Hey, none of this is your fault Louis, alright?"

"Yes it is, I didn't even check to see if he was okay. If I did...none of this would've happened."

"Lou." Liam says from the other side of the room. "You were stressed. That was your first time ever being in charge of a rogue incident. And it's stressful, plus you were protecting Harry all the way up until we got to the pack, staying behind him and making sure he's safe."

"Yeah, but then I didn't. I was so caught up in leading the pack away, I just assumed he would follow and be okay."

"Yeah, but again you didn't. It was an honest mistake son." Harry's dad pipes up. "I know first hand how stressful it is being in charge of a whole packs safety, it's alot of stress and pressure. But you had it alot harder then any of us had, now that the packs have joined. Plus we were all out in the woods right where they were."

"Exactly, don't beat yourself up over this. Just learn from it." Harry's sister, Gemma, tells him.

Louis shakes his head, more tears flowing down his face. "I'm an awful alpha." He whispers, rubbing at his eyes.

"No your not Louis." Niall now says. "No one blames you, and I know Harry won't when he wakes up."

Louis doesn't say anything, just keeps looking down.

***