Chapter 30

It's been a month now since the poisoning and Harry's fully healed. Louis took some time off of doing pack work to be by Harry's side, Liam taking over for him. But now it's time to go back, so with much reluctance and alot of cuddles and scenting, Louis left this morning. He knew Harry was inviting Niall over today so that brought him some peace, knowing that his omega would have someone by his side.

"So... Niall..." Harry says slowly from his spot on the couch. He's staring at Niall with a light smirk in his lips.

"Harry..." Niall says back, confused.

"I see you've been hanging out with Maria alot more lately."

Niall blushes. "Yeah, she seems like a nice person."

Harry bites his lip to hold back a smile. "Do you like her?" He blurts out, getting stright to the point.

Nialls cheeks get even redder. "Y-Yeah, as a friend."

Harry doesn't say anything, but just stares into Nialls eyes. He knows his best friend is lying, if the blush didn't give it away it was his voice. He keeps staring at Niall until he finally pops.

"Okay! Yes, I...like her."

"Aha!" Harry exclaims. "I knew it."

Niall rolls his eyes.

"You two would be so cute together. Like a perfect match." Harry coos.

"I know, and I really wanna ask her. But she probably doesn't feel the same way."

Now it's Harry's turn to toll his eyes. "Oh piss if Niall, Maria's one of my best friends. I know her, she likes you."

"Do you think?" Niall bites his bottom lip.

"Absolutely." Harry nods. "But Niall, she has a two year old."

"I know! That's another thing that's holding me off." Niall waves his hands around in front of his face.

"Niall, you have to understand if you get with her it's a package deal with Adira right?"

"I know."

"Are you even ready for that?"

"Yes Harry." Niall rolls his eyes.

"But your so young and-"

"Well you and Louis are young yet look at you." Niall snaps without thinking.

Harry's eyes go wide before he leans back into the couch, looking down at his hands.

Niall sighs at seeing his best friend. "I'm sorry Harry. I didn't mean it."

Harry hums, but keeps looking down. He knows Niall really didn't mean it, but it reminds him of the fight with his mum and dad. How unaccepting they were. And he knew Niall accepted it, he's been there for both Harry and Louis since day one. But with raging hormones and a sensitive heart, he can't help the tears.

"Harry, I'm really sorry I just-" Niall shakes his head, angry at himself.

"It's okay." Harry gets out. "I know your just frustrated. But Maria's my best friend Niall. And Adira is like the little sister I never had. I love them with my whole heart, of course I'm gonna ask you."

Niall gulps. "I know Harry, I would've done the same. It's just that... I like her, alot. And I know I'd be taking on Adira as well if it got serious but I don't care. I love them both and-"

"Wait, you love her?" Harry asked, shocked.

"Yeah, I think I do." Niall breathes out, heart racing.

Harry's face breaks out into a massive smile. "Niall! That's so- oh my god." He wiggles his way down the couch until he can roll himself up. He rushed over to Niall and pulls him up, crushing him in a big hug.

"Oof." Niall grunts, but smiles at his best friend as he cuddles him back.

"Niall, you need to make a move on her!" Harry exclaims.

"I've been thinking of asking her on a date this weekend." Niall admitted sheepishly.

"Mmmmmm." Harry smirks. "Here's some tips." Harry says before going on a rant if what Maria likes and dislikes.

Niall nods thoughtfully at everything he says, doing his best to remember it all.

***

Niall's sitting in the park waiting for Maria and Adira to arrive. He's planning on asking her on the date today, and he's proper shitting himself. What if she says no?

He hasn't got much time to think on it before he sees a little kid running up to him. He smiles as he bends down to catch Adira, grabbing her and cuddling the little girl to his chest.

"'ill!" She exclaims. Just like Harry's name, she hasn't got Niall's down pat. But Niall finds it adorable, makes his heart melt everytime.

"Addy! How are you baby?" He asks, holding her on his hip.

"Good! We're gonna play at the park!" She tells, throwing her arms out.

Niall chuckles. "We are."

He looks up to see Maria walking up to him pushing a stroller, smiling at them.

"She's been non stop talking about today since I told her last night." She chuckles when she gets close enough for him to hear her. She lets go of the pram and wraps her arms around Niall, breathing in his calming scent. Niall quickly returns it using the arm that's not holding Adira to wrap around her shoulders.

"How are you?" She asks, releasing their grip on eachother.

"Good, you?"

"Pretty good, excited for today." She giggles.

"Same." He smiles.

"I wanna go playyy." Adira whines from his arms, making them both laugh.

Niall puts her down, making her quickly run over to the playground.

Niall and Maria sit down on the bench before Maria grabs a coffee tray from under the pram.

"Here you go, your usual." She hands the patterned cardboard coffee cup over.

Niall takes it with a grateful smile. "Thanks."

They make small talk while watching Adira play, sipping their drinks. Niall takes a deep breath, now's the time. Otherwise he's gonna loose the small amount of courage he has.

"Umm, Maria?"

"Yeah?" She looks at him with big eyes.

"I was wondering if... You wanna, mabye, go on a date? With me?"

She stares at him with big eyes, jaw dropped.

"Like only if you want to! Don't feel pressured into going just so it isn't awkward and that. Yeah." Niall quickly says.

"Shit, yes, I'd love to!" She exclaims, a big smile on her lips.

Niall smiles back before reaching over and giving her a big hug, rocking them slightly from side to side.

"Mummy, Niall!" They hear Adira yell from the playground, making them both turn to look at her.

"Come play with me!"

They both laugh but head over there. They spend the rest of the day playing and talking amongst themselves. And if that didn't make Niall the happiest person alive, the small kiss Maria gave to his cheek when they parted definitely did the trick.

***

Again, a bit of a rushed chapter :(

Also, what would Maria's and Niall's ship name be lol?