Chapter 21

Harry's making lunch when he hears a knock on the door. He frowns. He's not expecting anyone and Louis' in the office upstairs. They're friends and family usually just walk in.

"Louis babe, did you invite someone over?" He calls out.

"No?" Louis comes walking down the stairs a few seconds later. He goes over to the door, Harry close behind him. They open it and their eyes go wide.

Anne's standing there, awkwardly holding her purse. Louis' eyes harden.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, stance firm. He reaches a hand behind him to hold onto Harry, making sure his omega stays behind him.

"I need to speak to you and Harry." She says, trying to look at her son.

"Don't you even dare try to look at him." Louis sneers. "If you've come here to say anymore shit, then save your time and leave."

"I haven't." She looks down. "I've... Come to apologize."

Harry pokes his head out from behind Louis. "Let her in Lou." He says, pulling on Louis' arm.

Louis stares at the woman but eventually moves, doing as Harry asked.

She follows them into the kitchen, an uncomfortable silence surrounding them. They all take a seat, Louis and Harry sitting next to eachother on the other side of Anne.

"Well?" Louis looks at her expectanly arms crossed.

"Look, I wanna say how unbelievably sorry I am to both of you. The things I said and did that day was unacceptable and I don't believe those things at all." She looks down at her hands in her lap, eyes tearing up.

"Then why did you do it?" Harry asks, tearing up himself.

"I wish I had an excuse, but I don't. I was just... Upset for you? Your both so young, Harry's still a teenager and Louis' barley an adult. But your both happy and healthy, so I had no reason to act like that. I'm still dissaponted that you both dragged in this agreement, I didn't want that for you."

"But both of us are happy now. Not only about the agreement but the pup. And we told you that before we announced the pregnancy." Harry tells her.

"I know, but in that moment I was just, I don't even know. I guess sad for both of you and angry at Louis for getting my pup pregnant at 16. But now I know that's not fair. Even if you both weren't happy about the pregnancy, it wasn't either of your faults. It was just my own anger and sadness that I should've handled better then that, same with your farther Harry." Anne tells them.

Louis and Harry look at eachother. Louis can sense how distressed and upset his omega is so he wraps his arm around his waist, giving his cheek a kiss. Harry takes a deep breath, trying to stay strong. But that's alot easier said then done.

"Some of the stuff you said was just... I never thought you'd say them. You called me a slut mum." A sob escapes his lips, elbows resting on the table as his face falls into his hands.

"I'm so sorry." Anne whispers, holding back a sob herself.

Harry takes a deep breath, sniffling. "I can't forgive you stright away. As much as that'd be easier for all of us, I can't. You hurt me so much."

Anne's bottom lip trembles slightly at the pure sadness her pup is feeling, all because of her. "I know baby, and I'm so sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me stright away. But I don't wanna lose you or the baby. Even you Louis."

Harry nods. "I know, but that's gonna take time. I just... I don't even know." He rubs his eyes with his fist.

"Harry, I really need you to understand how truely sorry I am. I know what I did is unforgivable and I wouldn't even blame you if you never forgave me." Anne feels her heart ache at the thought alone. "Which I'd hate so much, but I brought it upon myself. I was an awful parent. I left you when you needed me." She shakes her head. "And I'll never forgive myself for that."

Harry feels more tears fall down his cheeks, lips wobbling.

"What about dad?"

"He feels the same way."

"Then why isn't he here?" Louis accuses.

"Because he came down with the flu last night and didn't wanna risk giving it too you guys." She explains.

Harry nods slowly, not quite believing that.

Anne must notice because she quickly says, "He did, he wants to meet up when he's better and properly apologize."

"Okay." Harry says. It's silent for a moment before he says, "Well we'll see you then."

Anne nods. "Okay, but I can I just ask one last thing?"

They both nod hesitantly.

"How's the pup?" She asks, startling both boys.

"They're uhh, they're good." Louis tells her. "Happy and healthy."

Anne smiles slightly. "Amazing. Alright well I'll head off." She stands up. She goes to give them a hug but stops herself.

"I'll walk you out." Louis says, standing up. Once she's gorn he sighs, walking back over to Harry.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" He asks once he sees Harry with a few tears still spilling from his eyes, his scent distressed.

"Yeah, just need to lay down. Can you come with me? Please?" He asks in a small voice, making grabby hands at his alpha

"Of course darling." They both walk up the stairs and into their bedroom. They take their clothes off before hoping into their nest.

Louis wraps his arms around Harry and squeezes him tight, scenting him. He can feel his omega relax, his heart beating less frantically.

"It's okay honey, I got you." He whispers. They spend the rest of the day cuddling, letting Harry calm down from the whole ordeal with his mum.

Louis' still fucking fuming over what Harry's patents said and did that day. They've made his omega so sad, they're own pup. The one person they're supposed to love and protect. Yet instead they said the most hurtful shit they could think of and left Harry's mind to dwell on them. He knows it's not really his place to declare when to forgive them, it's Harrys. But he can still be pissed off, and believe him he was.

***

How's everyone liking this so far? Also, thank you to eveyone who's voting and commenting on my story, as well as adding it to reading lists. It means the world to me, I didn't think in a million years I'd get even 10 reads on this.

It brightens up my day seeing notifications that someone has. So thank you, love yas😘