Chapter 26

The siblings stay there cuddled up for ages, the girls shedding a few tears at the news about Harry and the pup. But also from seeing how sad and broken their brother looks. It's rare to see him like this, he always tries to hide his emotions. Always wanting to be the strong person. But you can't always be strong. Sometimes you need to just have a good cry and let yourself be comforted. And that's exactly what Louis did.

His sobs got weaker and weaker until they came to a hult, just wet sniffles filling the room. Eventually he sits himself up, Lottie and Fizzy going to sit in front of him. He smiles at his sisters.

"Thanks guys, I'm sorry."

"Oh fuck off Louis, you have nothing to be sorry for." Lottie rolls her eyes, making Louis chuckle.

"I should probably get back to Harry."

"Can we come?" Fizzy asks, eyes big as they stare at Louis.

He sighs. "Alright, go get ready. I'm leaving in 20 minutes."

Both girls smile before hoping up and rushing to their rooms. On the way out Lottie quickly stops to turn back to Louis. "Are you sure your okay?"

"I'm fine Lotts, now hurry up. I ain't waiting."

Lottie flips him off before running out of the room. Louis smiles before stretching his body out. He hops off the bed, feeling his bones creek and heads towards the bathroom.

He jumps in the shower to freshen up from the stressful day. He decided to use Harry's special strawberry and kiwi scented shampoo, just so he could smell more like him. He smiles sadly at the memories of Harry pouting up at him and telling him to rub some into his curls. And the beautiful smile that would adore Harry's face when Louis agrees, little sighs escaping his lips.

He tried not to think to much on it, otherwise he's gonna start crying again. He jumps out and dries off, walking back into his room with the towel wrapped around his waist. He shuts the door and locks it incase one of the girls come in for something before dropping the towel to the floor. He picks up one of Harrys favourite shirts, the one that smells like him the most, and pulls it on. He then puts on some trackies and a jumper before running his fingers though his hair, moving his fringe from his eyes. He doesn't really care how he looks to be honest, he just wants to get to Harry.

He grabs the house key from where they were thrown on the bed and rushed down the stairs, surprised to see both girls already waiting for him on the couch.

"Let's go."

***

The siblings walk into the waiting room to find Liam and Zayn sitting there. He frowns.

"Why are you guys out here and not in with Harry? Did something happen?" He panics.

"Calm down mate, Harry's fine." Liam tells him. Louis sighs, resting his hand over his heart.

"We just wanted to wait for you to come, give us permission to go in." Zayn informs him, making him frown yet again.

"Why?"

"Because, your his alpha. We didn't know if you'd want an alpha and a beta in there with your sick pregnant mate." Zayn explains.

"Lads, your his friends as well. Zayn, you've known him since you were pups. You didn't have to wait." Louis says, heart warming.

"Oh well, let's go see him."

Zayn and Liam stand up as Louis pushed the door open. Niall's besides Harry's bed, holding his hand and the other on Harry's baby bump.

Harry's now in a more comfyy bed and propped up on comfy pillows. His head is leaning to the side, still unconscious. He's shirtless with a fetal monitor wrapped around his stomach to monitor the babies heartbeat. There's also heaps of wires attached to his chest, one of them connecting to a screen showing his own heartbeat. He's covered in a warb blanket that's up to his hips.

"Oh babies." Louis whispers, rushing over to him. Niall quickly gets out of the way so Louis can take his place besides Harry.

Louis cups Harry's face in his hands, thumb stroking his cheek.

"Any news from the nurses?" He hears Zayn ask from behind him making him listen in.

"His heart's still not sounding to good. To slow and irregular. So they're keeping an eye on that and giving him stuff to help it." Niall explains.

"Oh god." Louis breathes out, looking up at Harry's heart rate on the screen and listening. It is beating very slow, too slow for Louis' liking.

"So far the pup's okay. Actually it's a miracle. The nurses couldn't believe it. Usually if someone pregnant was poisoned the pup would be badly affected, most of the time they'd miscarriage." Louis whines. "But with Harry... Somehow he didn't. His body like... I don't even know." Niall shakes his head. "The nurse said something about how unconsciously, Harry and his omega knew they had to protect their pup, so his body quickly soaked up all the poison to prevent it from reaching the pup."

Louis looks down at Harry with tears welling in his eyes, still cupping his face. "God your amazing." He rests his forehead against Harrys, eyes closed. "The best mummy."

"When will he wake up?" Lottie asks.

Niall shrugs sadly. "They don't know. The anaesthetic the nurses gave him has worn off by now but he's just... Out."

"Probably his body resting." Zayn pipes up. "I mean, after what happened. He needs the rest."

"What if he doesn't wake up?" Fizzy says nervously, frowning.

"Don't say that, he will. He has too, he just has too." Louis says desperately, not looking up. He doesn't know what he'd ever to with himself if Harry never opened his eyes again. He can feel his heart ache just at the thought. If Harry ever left this world, Louis swears he'd probably end up going with him.