Chapter 37

It's a week before Harry's due date and he's absolutely ready for this baby to pop out. His back's aching, his feet are swollen, Braxton Hicks are kicking his ass and he's annoyed at eveything.

He knows he's been a dick to Louis this past week and he does feel awful about it. He'll be happy one minute then Louis will say something and he'll explode. It could be a simple "would you like some help?" To get Harry's blood boiling. Why? He doesn't really know. He's been needing help throughout this whole pregnancy and it never really bothered him much, except the want to be independent again.

He hasn't only been a bit of an ass this week, but also a nervous wreck and crying all the time. Like at the most random things.

He's currently sitting on the couch trying to get the baby to stop kicking so harshly with soft tummy rubs when Louis and the lads all walk downstairs with smiles on their faces.

"Baby? I've got something to tell you." Louis says with a smile, going over to Harry.

"What is it?" Harry asks with his own smile, reaching out to grab Louis' hand.

"We finished the nursery!" He exclaims, making Harry gasp.

"Really?"

"Yeah, come here." He leads Harry down the hall with the boys following behind, wanting to see Harry's reaction.

Louis opens the door and Harry covers his mouth with one hand, feeling himself start to get emotional at the sight.

They decided to go with a rose/flower theme. All the walls are light pink but the wall to the left is white with beautiful flowers painted all over it. Courtesy of Zayn. Against that wall is the babies crib that's made of white wood with darker pink blankets then the walls. There's a window on the wall directly in front of the door that has light green curtains with fake leave strings hanging over them. In front of the window is a light brown rocking chair. And finally, on the right wall is the babies changing table with eveything they'll need already on it. As well as their clothes in cupboards and draws.

It took about a week to get done after Zayn painted it with all the lads helping Louis. Harry wanted to help as well but he couldn't really move off the couch or bed without wanting to sit down again. From either exhaustion or pain.

"Oh my god." He slowly walks in and looks around, wanting to soak eveything up. "It's absolutely beautiful." He sobs, turning around to look at all the lads.

"Oh baby." Louis walks up and wraps his arms around his omega, rocking them side to side lightly.

"I love it Lou, I really do." He sobs out, body shaking. He peaks his head over Louis' shoulder to look at all the lads. "Thank you guys, really. I l-love it." He runs outta Louis' arms over to them. He grabs them all and pulls them into a group hug, still crying. They all hug him back, smiling at their friend.

Eventually Harry moves back over to his alpha and leans up to give him a kiss. "And thank you baby."

"You don't have to thank me love." He chuckles against Harry's lips.

"Can I try out the rocking chair?" Harry asks like an excited kid which, he basically is still.

"Sure lovely, you don't have to ask." He lets go so Harry can walk over to it, sitting down.

He sighs. "Ohhh, this feels nice, especially on my back."

"Hold on." Louis walks over and kneels down to do something on the side of the chair.

All of the sudden it's massaging Harry's back, making him let out a moan that could be heard in between the small vibration of the messager.

"Ohhh, that feels amazing." He shuts his eyes, enjoying the chair working out the knots in his back.

All of the boys laugh. "It does feel pretty good, I'm not gonna lie." Liam says.

"I can't wait for all the late night feeds I'm gonna do in this chair." Harry looks up at Louis.

"Your gonna be an amazing mum, already are."

Harry smiles.

***

Today's Harry's due date and both boys are all ready. Well as in they have the bags packed and ready to leave when they need to. Mentally, fuck no they're not ready.

Harry hasn't shown any signs of being in labor, although Braxton Hicks are absolutely dreadful. So much so that he's just been laying on the bed all day or in the bath hoping to ease some pain. Which is what he's doing right now.

Louis ran him a bath and added a lavender and camomile bath bomb from the pack he gifted him for Christmas, as well as some body wash. He's laying in with with Louis sitting behinds him on a towel to keep him company.

"What if something's wrong and that's why she hasn't come yet?" Harry stresses, rubbing his bump up and down.

"It's normal for pups to not come on their due date, I wouldn't stress babe." Louis eases, also holding a hand out to touch the bump. It's like a little island, the top of it poking out of the bubbles. Both boys think it's the cutest thing ever.

"I still worry though." Harry frowns.

"She's kicking and showing signs of being healthy."

"Oh, she's fucking kicking alright." Harry lets out a breathy chuckle.

"Oh baby." Louis says sympathetically. He couldn't even imagine how much pain Harry's in, and has been since day one.

Harry lets out a groan at a particularly hard jolt at the bottom of his tummy, rolling his head to the right.

"It's okay baby."

"No, it's not okay! You try having a tiny human kicking at your bladder and ribs." Harry snaps back, glaring at Louis.

It's silent for a few minutes before Harry sighs. "I'm sorry love."

"It's okay babe, I know it's hard." Louis grabs Harry's hand and rubs the back of it with his thumb, smiling. "We'll be okay."

"We'll be alright." They smile at eachother.

***

I was thinking... In this book I feel like there's not alot of mpreg details. Like Harry's been pregnant for a far bit of this book but I haven't talked much about it. Plus I can't edit pics of him pregnant because there's tattoos and this is Fetus Harry 😭 I'm not skilled enough. Plus he's alot older.

SO! What do you guys think about me writing just a Larry mpreg story? And if so what should the plot be? I have a fair few ideas but wanna hear others!

💗