Chapter 20

Louis walks into the pack house, sighing. He just for back from sorting out pack stuff and is stuffed. All he wants to do is go cuddle up with Harry and feel their little pup kick. It's starting to get colder, being early October so cuddling under some blankets sounds so nice.

He takes his jacket off and hangs it up before pushing his shoes off with his heels. He takes a deep breath to find Harry's scent. Since being pregnant, it's changed alot. It's more sweeter.

It's more strong in their room, so he heads up there. He opened the door and smiles at the sight.

On the bed there's a big nest made of both their clothes, bed sheets and more. In the middle is Harry, just his head visible from where he's tucked under everything.

"Oh darling, are you nesting?" Louis asks, walking closer to the bed.

Harry nods slightly. "Alpha, come here." He pouts.

Louis chuckles, but still does as told. Everyone knows that before hoping into an omegas nest that skin to skin contact is key. So he takes off his shirt and shorts, leaving him just in boxers. He carefully moves some stuff so he can hop in, moving it back stright after. He wraps his arms around Harry, the younger boy cuddling into his chest and making himself as small as possible. Louis realises with a start that Harry's completely naked.

"Omega, are you okay baby? Do you need anything?"

"You. Just you." Harry says. "Pup is kicking like crazy at the moment." He sighs out, grabbing Louis' hand and putting it on his belly that's inbetween them. Sure enough Louis feels harsh kicks to the palm of his hand. "They're starting to really hurt." Harry says weakly, eyes closed.

"Oh baby." Louis says sympathetically, rubbing soothing circles onto the bump. "Your doing so good baby, carrying our pup. Caring for them. Best mummy in the world." His words make Harry smile sleepily.

They stay quiet for a little bit before a sharp kick makes Harry groan.

"It hurts so bad Louis." He whimpers, also rubbing his stomach to hopefully calm the baby.

Louis stares at him helplessly. He wishes he could just take all the pain away, but he can't. All he can do is comfort his omega and hopefully the baby will calm down as Harry does.

And thankfully after a while the baby finally goes to sleep, kicks stopping. Harry lets out a sigh of relief.

"Thank god. That was awful. They've kicked pretty hard before but never like that." He says, looking down at his bump.

"I'm sorry darling, I wish I knew how to take that pain away." Louis frowns.

"Just being here helps Lou." Harry tells him. "Our pup can sense when your around and when your not they get restless, like just then." Louis' mouth drops open.

"Really?"

"Yeah." Harry smiles, then his eyebrows raise. "Oh! I forget to show you this last night." He reaches over to the bedside table and opens the draw, grabbing some sort of machine out. "One of the mums in the pack have this to me, said to keep it for future pups as well. It's a Baby Doppler." He smiles.

Louis stares at him blankly. "Um...what's that?"

Harry rolls his eyes. "It's a at home fetal doppler. Meaning we can listen to the babies heartbeat now whenever we want!" He exclaims.

"Oh!" Louis smiles. "Can we use it now?"

"That's what I was hoping, yeah." Harry hands Louis a bottle of gel and the machine after turning it on. He pulls the top of the nest down gentally and lays flat, only a blanket keeping his bottom half warm.

Louis rolls the bottle of gel in his hands, trying to warm it up for Harry making the boy smile. Once he deems it okay, he squirts some on Harry tummy. He grabs the wand on places it on the bottom of Harry's sternum.

"Now we need to find where this little one is placed." He says, moving it around. A loud beating echos out of the machine.

"I think that's your heartbeat?" Louis asks.

"Babe, your holding it on my chest. Yes, that's my heartbeat." Harry giggles. "Move it down lower." He takes Louis' hand and moves it to the centre of his belly, maneuvering it around. It takes a while, but eventually a soft heartbeat fills the room.

"That's it." Harry says softly, looking up at Louis and smiling.

"Yeah, it is." Louis smiles back. "It's the most precious sound I've ever heard..." He whispers.

Harry nods. They stay there listening to it for what seems like hours, mesmerized by the comforting sound proving that their pup is okay and safe.

"They say that when babies are born, listening to their mothers heartbeat comforts them." Louis says, making Harry frown.

"Really? I've never heard about that before."

"Yeah." Louis nods. "The first sound they ever listened to was your heartbeat. And for 9 months they'll always hear it. It's comforting to them."

"Hmmmm..." Harry nods. "Makes sense."

"And we get to find out the gender soon. What do you want?" Louis asks.

"I've always pictured having a little girl as my first pup. But I just want them to be happy and healthy." Harry tells him.

"Same." Louis nods.

He leans down and rests his forehead on Harry's. "Your so beautiful."

Harry blushes. "Says you."

The baby kicks the wand, making them chuckle.

"Looks like little monkey's awake again. Let's hope they don't kick as hard now." Harry says.

Louis gives Harry a kiss. "Let's hope so."