Chapter 27

A few days later Louis finds himself still sitting next to Harrys bed, hand in hand. It was around midnight that everyone left, the lads staying with Lottie and Fizzy at the Pack House while Louis stayed with Harry. He hasn't slept a wink, to busy making sure Harry was okay and more importantly still breathing. If his hand wasn't on Harry's tummy to make sure their pup was okay it was on Harry's chest, trying to feel his omegas heartbeat around the wires. Sure, he could've just watched the heart rate monitor, but he needed to feel it, just to be sure.

He can feel his eyelids drooping heavily as the door opens, Joe walking in. She smiles sadly at the young alpha.

"How are you sweetheart?"

"Shit." Louis looks up at her. "How's he doing?"

"Well his heartrate is starting at go back to normal which is good. Still slow, but it's getting there. His vitals are good as well and the pup seems okay. All we have to do now is wait for him to wake up."

"When will that be?"

"I really don't know. Even though we got most of the poison out, it's still taking a toll on him. His body needs the rest to help fight it." Joe explains softly.

Louis nods, looking down. "I just want them both to be okay."

"They will be hon, just give it time. He's in good care. Trust me." She goes around to give him a hug, one that he easily falls into.

"Your mum's working today. I put it down for her to take over for me and care of Harry." She says softly.

Louis looks up at her. "Thank you so much Joe. For everything." He says gratefully.

"Your welcome bud. Mabye go home and try to get some sleep.'

Louis quickly shakes his head. "I can't, I need to stay here with Harry." He notices Joe staring at him and smiling. "What?" He asks, confused.

"Your a great alpha Louis, and I know your gonna be a great dad. You already are."

Louis can feel his lower lip wobble at the words. Damn, he's emotional lately.

"Thank you." He smiles at her.

She smiles back before walking out of the room. He can hear her talking to people before the doors opening and all the lads are walking in.

"Hey mate, how are ya?" Zayn asks, patting him in the shoulder.

"Alright." He nods.

"You looked fucked." Liam says.

"Gee thanks mate." Louis rolls his eyes.

"I mean, you haven't left this room since Harry first got poisoned. How about you go home, shower, sleep and eat something." Liam walks behind him and rubs Louis' tense shoulders.

"I'm fine, I need to stay with Harry and the pup." Louis tells them, eyes red from exhaustion.

"We're here Lou." Niall smiles at him. "We'll stay here with Harry while you go and-"

"No, I'm not going anywhere." Louis says, annoyed.

"Loui-"

"I said I'm not fucking leaving." His eyes flash a deep red, meaning his inner alpha is coming though.

"Okay, okay. Calm down mate. If you wanna stay here, then stay here." Liam eases, holding his hands up.

Louis rolls his eyes again, but turns back to Harry.

It's silent in the room except for Harrys heartrate monitor until Zayn breaks it.

"What if we brought you something? Some food? Mabye a coffee?"

Louis goes to refuse, but ends up sighing. He is fucking hungry, and as much as it burns his ego he ends up saying, "Yes please."

Zayn gives him a small smile before walking out of the room.

"When do you find out the gender of the baby Lou?" Lottie asks, wanting to change the subject.

"We were supposed to find out this week." Louis frowns. "I wanna wait until Harry wakes up though. He can't miss out on that."

Lottie nods. "Good call... What do you think it is?"

"I don't really know to be honest. Like Harry always says, I just want them to be healthy."

"I'd love a little niece to be honest." Lottie nods.

"I want a nephew." Fizzy pipes up. "But like you said, as long as they're healthy."

"I want you to have twins." Niall smirks.

Louis giggles, causing a small blush to ride to his cheeks at the sound. "I think we'd know by now if it was twins. Mabye when we're older, more experienced."

"Well multiples do run in your family." Liam smiles. "We'd have 2 little curly haired mini tommos running around."

"God help us if we do."

They all whip their heads up at the sound of a new voice to see Jay standing in the doorway holding paperwork, smirking at Louis.

"Oi!" Louis glared at her, but there's a smile on his face.

Jay chuckles. "You were a cute baby Louis. A pain in the ass? Yes, but you were cute."

"It's still like that today, but he just got uglier." Lottie says.

"Oh piss off. You were born purple with a cone head. I still remember the nurse saying they had to push your head back into shape." Louis resorts back to his sister.

"At least my head was big enough to fit a brain. Mums body obviously forgot to grow you one."

Louis squinted his eyes at her. He goes to open his mouth to say something but Jay cuts him off.

"Shut that mouth Louis, and let's take a look at your mate."

She goes over Harry's vitals and the fetal monitor. After announcing eveything still looking okay, she pulls over a ultrasound machine. She takes the fetal monitor off before putting some gell on his baby bump and moving the wand around.

Louis smiles at the sight of his and Harrys pup on the screen.

"You waiting for Harry to wake up to find out the gender?" Jay raises her eyebrows.

Louis nods.

"Good call."

"Look at them, I still can't believe Harry's pregnant." Niall shakes his head with a wide smile on his face.

Just then, Zayn walks back into the room with a coffee in one hand and a paper bag in the other.

"May I present, me."

Niall rolls his eyes. "Up yourself much?"

"Don't piss him off. He's got my stuff." Louis says, reaching out towards the coffee and bag.

"Here ya go mate, got you a sausage roll and sandwich. Though you could do with a fair bit of food." Zayn explains, handing them over.

"Smells good." Louis says. "I'll eat it later."

He turns back to the machine.

"Eveything looks good. Still just need Harry to open those eyes though." Jay frowns.

"Is there something we can give him to wake him up?" Louis asks his mother.

"Nothing that won't hurt the pup." Her eyes soften. "I'm sorry baby. Just keep having hope."

"I'm trying." Louis whispers.

***

I can't be the only one who was also born with a cone head? 😭

This chapter was kinda rushed so it's not the best :(