Chapter 33

Okay but how cute is this edit of Harry 😍

For the rest of Louis' birthday they spent time with his family that came over. The day goes by with lots of chatting, joking, gift giving and fun. It's not until later that night in the privacy of their bedroom that Harry gives Louis' his gift.

He rumages though his draw to find where he hid it, smiling when his hand makes contact with the small box. He pulls it out and walks up to Louis who's sitting on the bed, handing it over shyly.

"Happy birthday Lou."

Louis smiles at him as he takes the box, pulling the wrapper of it.

Inside the box is a football with their babies sonogram printed on it.

Louis let's out a breathy sigh as he gentally pulls out the ball, rubbing his thumb over the sonogram

"It's probably a bit silly, but I thought since she's your little footy star..." Harry says with a small blush on his cheeks, rubbing one foot over the other.

He looks up when he hears a small sniffle to see Louis wiping at his eyes.

"Oh darling... It's beautiful. I love it." He gets up and pulls Harry into a massive hug, well the best he can with Harry's baby bump.

"I'm glad you like it." Harry sighs, easily melting into the hug. They stay there in eachothers arms before Harry pulls away.

"C'mon, we have to help your mum put those presents under the tree from her and 'santa'." Harry does air quotes on the last word.

"Ohh yeah, the girls should be asleep by now." He nods before helping Harry out the door and down the stairs.

Louis' family decided to stay the night in the spare rooms so they're all together on Christmas morning as well as all of Louis birthday/Christmas Eve. Gemma even came late that afternoon to be there.

Harry hasn't heard a word from his parents, which has put a major damper on his Christmas spirit. But to be fair he hasn't reached out either, being to busy with present shopping, caring for the pup and ya know... Being poisoned. So he has his reasons.

Once they reach the living room they see Jay and Gemma sitting on the floor in front of the Christmas tree. Jay sighs in relief when she catches sight of the boys.

"Thank god, we're not even half way." She gestures to the still huge pile of presents still needing to be wrapped.

Louis gets Harry to sit on the couch before sitting on the floor, making Harry pout.

"I wanna sit on the floor too..."

Louis laughs. "Babe, your 10 weeks of giving birth, we're right here. I'm litterly sitting inbetween your legs." As if to prove his point, Louis snuggles deeper in, making Harry gasp lightly.

"Okay, Jesus. At least wait a few more hours." Gemma covers her eyes.

Both boys blush before Jay hands over some rolls of wrapping paper, scissors, tape and splits the pile of gifts in half, pushing one section towards the boys.

"Harry darling, you can wrap from up there." Jay says.

"Yes!" Harry fist pumps the air.

Gemma squints her eyes and shakes her head at her younger brother. "You've always had a weird love for wrapping... I don't get it."

"I just like it." Harry shrugs.

They work silently on wrapping each thing, Christmas carols playing quietly in the background. With two extra sets of hands working, they got though the pile in no time. They all set them up under the tree, Harry glaring at Louis after being told off for trying to help.

Louis turns around and sees the glare, flinching slightly.

"Ohhh, someone's in trouble." Gemma says quietly next to Louis, getting an elbow to the ribs in return.

His eyes fall on the plate of cookies the girls set out for santa, as well as the hot chocolate. He smiles before grabbing them and passing the plate to Harry.

"Here baby, you can be santa." He says.

Harry's eyes light up after falling on the display of different types of cookies and the hot chocolate. He takes them eagerly, smiling wide after taking a bite.

Louis sighs in relief at seeing his mate happy. Hormonal, very hormonal pregnant mate happy.

While Harry's doing that he goes out the front with a knife and finds the carrots for the 'reindeers' sitting on the coffee table. He takes out different size chunks with the knife to make it look like animal teeth bit into them before quickly going back inside, wanting to get out of the chilly night air as soon as possible.

Harry's already eaten half the plate of cookies that's sitting back on the table, now onto drinking the hot chocolate. He looks quite content, sitting there with his legs crossed and rubbing his bump with one hand, holding the mug with the other. Louis can't help but smile, trying to take a mental picture to look back on.

He also looks quite sleepy, eyes heavy. So Louis goes over and takes the half empty mug and puts in on the table next to the plate.

"Ready for bed babe?"

"Yeah." Harry whispers, trying to push himself up. Louis rushes forward to help him before turning to his mother and sister-in-law.

"See you guys in the morning, merry Christmas eve."

"Merry Christmas eve darling, and happy birthday." Jay goes over to give him a hug as well as a kiss on his forehead before moving onto Harry. Gemma goes over to give them both a hug before they all make their way to bed.

Harry falls into the blankets with a groan. "I'm exhausted."

"Are ya?" Louis jumps in next to him.

"Hmm." Harry hums. "Wanted to give you your second present but I'm about to fall asleep..."

"What's my second present?"

"Round two." Harry flips around and smiles.

"You little shit." Louis laughs before he grabs Harry in a massive hug. One that the pregnant lad falls right into.

Harry giggles. "But I hope you had a good day Lou."

"I had the best birthday ever darling, and got the best gift."

"I'm glad you like it."  He peeps at the bed side table to see the alarm showing 12.59pm. He smiles. "I'm the last person to wish you a happy birthday, and was the first. Happy birthday sweetcheeks."

Louis chuckles. "Competitive little shit." His smile softens. "Thank you babycakes, I had a lovely day."

Both boys fall asleep with smile on their faces and hearts full.

***

Sorry for not posting yesterday :( I went away and didn't have any signal for pretty much the whole day. Hope you enjoyed this chapter though! ❤️