The Boyfriend

It's been a month since Nat had moved in with Peter, and they've immediately became best friends. From being strangers, they sure had a lot in common.

Once ESU was in session, they both learned they had two classes together; Physics & Biomechanics. More time they spent with each other meant the more they learned about each other.

It was weird on days when one worked and the other was home or vice versa. Nat was on a trial run for a potential paid internship under the one and only, Tony Stark. Whilst, Peter had gotten a job with the Daily Bugle as their photographer. Although, they both had opposite schedules they've decided to do a movie night every Friday night filled with caramelized kettle corn the ones Nat loved and different types of candy Peter chose for every movie night.

Peter had gotten home a lot earlier than Nat did and he decided to be a good roommate and clean up the place a bit. Meanwhile, Nat had been a little bit too preoccupied.

***

Daniel groaned as his fingers were interlaced with Nat, "Come on, let me take you out to dinner tonight."

Nat sighed as she looked up at him laying in bed, "You know I can't, Danny. Tonight's movie night with Peter."

Daniel rolled his eyes and pulled his fingers from hers. He snarled, "You can cancel on that loser, you know?"

Nat felt her shoulders tense up to Daniel's sternness in calling Peter a loser. He was far from that. He was smart and hilarious and a great friend.

Nat sat up and said, "You know it's been a month and you haven't even bothered meeting him... You should come join us for movie night, love. Maybe, you both could be friends.."

Daniel sighed and said, "If that's what you want."

She looked back down at him and said, "No, I want this to be your choice."

"I'll be there.", he replied.

***

The awkward silence between the two was unbearable. You could practically hear the crickets chirping from outside all the way on the first floor.

Peter had offered for Nat and Daniel to take the main couch while he'd lay on the big blue bean bag on the floor.

Nat cleared her throat and said, "You know.. Peter's a photographer for the Daily Bugle, Danny."

Daniel nodded and said, "Ah, yes the Daily Bugle. I used to be a journalist there!"

Peter leaned on one hand looking up at both of them. He asked, "Why'd you leave?"

Daniel laughed and said, "I knew my worth, and they did not. "

Peter's brows furrowed at Daniel's comment.

Nat jumped in again and said, "So, um lets start the movie."

She grabbed the remote off the coffee table and pressed play. She didn't know what was worse the movie Peter and her let Daniel pick or the agonizing feeling of wanting Daniel to stop being overbearing.

Throughout the movie, he tried to makeout with her, but she kept pushing him away. The least she wanted was for Peter to feel uncomfortable. Which was far too late for that, Peter hated being in the same room. Hated the feeling of knowing she couldn't be his. For the month they had been living as roommates, he's found himself falling for her more and more unexpectedly. From admiring the way she chewed on the tops of her pens when she was frustrated to the way she always wore  extra large sweatshirts to class when she didn't give a fuck to look good that day.