Hello, Again

It's been a few days since Nat's been staying with Aunt May. Peter thought it would be best if they spend some time a part, just in case Harry decided to hunt him down. In the meantime, Aunt May and Nat has gotten to be very close. They both managed to knit a scarf together whilst doing a bit of some garden work before the winter decided to hit harder than ever. 

Halloween was tonight, one of Nat's favorite holidays. The night where everyone can pretend to be someone else without a second thought. Peter had promised to take Nat to Kristine's Halloween Party that night. 

Kristine yelled over the phone, "I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN SOOOO LONG! ARE YOU COMING TONIGHT?"

Nat shrugged and said, "Calm down, it's only been like three days!"

Kristine growled, "Three days too long!"

Nat laughed and said, "What time is the party tonight?"

Kristine squealed, "Starts at 10pm!!"

Nat nodded to herself as she held the phone tightly in her hand, "I'll see if we can go."

Kristine snarled, "NO! You both are coming!"

Nat laughed and said, "We'll see, goodbye!"

She hung up the phone before Kristine could continue complaining over the phone. Aunt May walked into the kitchen area where Nat was sitting at the kitchen table. 

She looked at Nat and said, "You should go."

Nat looked up at her and shrugged, "As much as I want to, I don't know if it's the smartest idea..."

Aunt May sat down next to her and said, "Nat, you cannot live your life in fear. Live the life you were given to the fullest, you never know when will be your last day on this earth."

Wise words from Aunt May herself. Nat nodded towards her and said, "Well, Halloween is my favorite holiday..."

Aunt May perked up and said, "You don't have a costume, do you?"

Nat shook her head. Aunt May hopped up as she quickly ran to a room. She came out with a bag and handed it to her. 

Aunt May said, "I've kept a quiet, and pretended I haven't notice how big of a fan Peter is of Spider-Man... He's even made himself a suit. I can tailor it to fit you."

Nat opened the bag and pulled out a Spider-Man suit. It wasn't quite finished and it had a few holes as if it had been used one too many times, but she loved it. She smiled to herself. The thought of Peter wearing this made her even more attracted to him. She stared at the suit as reminisced the one night encounter she had with Spider-Man. The way she felt, the way he had seen her... almost the same way Peter sees her in a different light. 

She looked at Aunt May with a beaming look in her eye as she said, "Let's get to work then."

*** 

Peter walked into the cabin after a dreadful few days of not being able to see Nat. It was oddly quiet in the house.

He looked around and spoke aloud, "Hello?"

Aunt May yelled from the reading room, "Peter, we're in here!"

Peter walked into the room to find Aunt May and Nat wearing a long black trench coat. He tilted his head to the side and pointed at Nat, "Is that Uncle Ben's trench coat?"

Nat's eyes grew wide as she looked for Aunt May's help. 

Aunt May counteracted, "We were in the middle of making Nat a lovely costume for the costume party tonight."