Glitch

{DISCLAIMER: You are being warned now there will be some Spider-Man No Way Home references teased in this chapter, so major SPOILERS}

Nat ran to hug Aunt May as she was overwhelmed with joy.

Aunt May let out a shocked oh before she wrapped her arms around Nat. Peter smiled from a distance watching them both hug. Aunt May glanced over to Peter waiving for him to come over as Peter wrapped his arms over the both of them.

Aunt May pulled away as she laid one hand on each of their faces, "Oh, my babies look at you both."

Peter gave her a goofy smile showing all of his teeth as Nat crinkled her nose as they both made Aunt May laugh.

Pepper came rushing from across the room as she exhaled in worry, "Nat? Nat!"

Nat pulled away from Peter and Aunt May as Pepper rushed to her wrapping her arms around her.

She said to her, "You had us worried sick. Don't ever lose that ear piece again, do you hear me?"

Nat couldn't help but smile and wonder if this is what it was like having a mom.

Tony chimed in disgust, "Turn that us into me Pepper. You were the one worried, I on the other hand knew she was fine."

Tony took a glance at Nat and nodded in approval ignoring any injuries that were visible on her face saying, "Suit held up well.. Man, I'm a fucking genius."

Nat groaned, "Oh, yes. I'm definitely fine, not in any pain."

She was of course lying. She could feel as if her ribs were pointing out into her skin or at least that's what it felt like.

Nat pointed upstairs and said, "Can I go shower?"

Tony waived for her to go as he said, "Peter, you should probably get cleaned up too... I can smell you from here."

Peter frowned as he said, "Yes, sir."

They both hopped into the elevator as Nat pressed on the 14th floor which was mainly a whole floor dedicated for all things that had to do with training and working out and the plus side showers.

Nat leaned against the wall in exhaustion as she caught Peter staring at her worried. She gave him a soft smile and said, "I'm fine."

He furrowed his brows and said, "No, you're not. I just I can feel it."

She lifted her head off the wall as she forced her hands to be plopped on her waist as she winced in pain and said, "See perfectly fine."

The elevator doors opened up as she was the first to walk out as she finally let go of her waist beginning to ache in pain. She pointed down the left hall and said, "Showers are that way."

Peter followed her into the shower room filled with showers covered in a glass dividers. Peter's eyes went wide as he glanced at Nat. Before he could say what he was thinking, she interrupted, "I know what you're thinking does everyone just shower in the open like that? No, there's privacy mode that basically turn the glass surrounding into black out mirrors."

He nodded his head as he waited. She turned around as said, "You can hop in you know."

He nodded and said, "I can indeed."

He still stood there waiting as she turned to face him. He held out Nat's Stark watch she had thrown at Aunt May previously.

She said nervously, "Oh."

Peter rubbed his neck and said, "As curious I was to see how you were getting that suit off, you look like you need something to go easy for a change."