Falling

Two weeks had passed since Nat had broken up with Daniel. He'd call, text, and even show up at places he'd knew she'd be at in the past two weeks.

It was Sunday morning, she had promised to go grab brunch with Kristine whom she hadn't seen since her birthday... She owed her one big apology.

Kristine squealed as she ran up to her squeezing her in a hug.

Nat rubbed her arms and said, "Kristine, I'm--"

Kristine cuts her off, "Nope, no apologies! I want to know now the deets!!"

She sighed as she updated her friend on what had happened since the last time she'd seen her. The incident she had on her birthday from seeing Spiderman from moving in with Peter to breaking up with Daniel.

"He's been stalking you!", she gasped.

Nat nodded and said, "He won't leave me alone, and I don't want him back."

Kristine crossed her arms, "I never liked him."

Nat looked at her confused.

She sighed as she waved her hands around, "He always wanted you to do what he wanted you to do never let you be you."

Nat sat there and realized that her friend was right. He always wanted to be in control, and the heart of their arguments were when she didn't want to do what he said.

Kristine poked at Nat and said, "So, is this roommate cute?"

Her eyes were big with curiosity and excitement. Nat felt her cheeks begin to flush.

She giggled and said, "I suppose..."

Kristine smirked at her and motioned for Nat to go on.

Nat shrugged and said, "I'm not looking for anything right now... You of all people should know that."

Kristine lifted her hand up to shush Nat as she tapped on her chin. She mumbled, "Yes, let's remember somber and depressed Nathalie from 5 years ago after a breakup. A breakup that consisted loads and loads of Honey Buns."

Chills ran down her spine as she reminisced on those dark times.

She threw her hands up and groaned, "Okay, what's your point?"

Kristine laughed and said, "My point is... You're gorgeous, he must be crushing on you already because who wouldn't? If he makes a move... Let him."

The thought of Peter making a move brought a shy smile to her face. Maybe she did like the idea of Peter crushing on her. If it was the case, she thought to herself.

Later that day, she caught Peter skating on a skateboard almost crashing into her he paused grabbing her by the waist. The slightest second of excitement shooting through her body.

They both laughed as he repeatedly apologized.

She shrugged it off and asked, "Where are you off to in such a rush?"

He looked behind him and back to her.

He asked, "Do you want to come find out?"

She nodded and said, "I don't having anything to do."

***

"YOU WANT ME TO WHAT!", she screamed.

Peter laughed and said, "I think you've gotten the handle of it, you can take on this ramp."

She looked below her as the distance between her and the bottom of the ramp felt further and further away the more she stared.

She gripped onto Peter's hands that were around her for stability.

He leaned his head next to hers from behind.

He said, "Just take a deep breath in, and-"

Before she had time to react, he had attempted to push her down the ramp that horribly failed. She held onto him for dear life as they both began to roll down the ramp. Peter held hold of her, wrapping his arms around her head. Their bodies repeatedly colliding together. They both came to a pause.

She had closed her eyes the whole way down fearing she'd break a bone or worse... somehow break Peter.

She paused as she heard a sudden rythmic heartbeat sound from beneath her. It was quite pleasant, warming, made her heart skip a beat.

Peter mumbled from underneath her, "Are you okay?"

He gently unwrapped his arms off her as she looked up at him with those big brown eyes. Every second those eyes looked at Peter it was if pieces of him was being mended back together little by little.

She couldn't help, but just burst out laughing. She felt humiliated, yet happy it was with him and no one else.

Peter couldn't help, but to just laugh along with her.

She got off him as she rolled onto her back grasping her stomach that had begun to cramp from laughing too hard.

His eyes glanced over to her as she laughed. The lighting shining perfectly on her. Part of him wished she was an angel sent just for him. Someone who he could give his heart to again.

She laid over on her side to look at him, catching him off guard hoping she wouldn't noticed he was staring at her.

She looked at him, and suddenly felt a rush of warmth flow through her body.

Had she been falling for him this whole time?

Was this the feeling she's missed out on guy after guy who never satisfied her yearn for true love?

Kristine's words mimicked in her head, "If he makes a move... Let him."

Was she ready to take that step though?

She watched as Peter stood up reaching his hand down to her help her stand.

He rubbed his neck as he heard someone in need of help in the distance. He turned his head as he listened.

He had to go, but every part of his body was clinging on to the opportunity of what she would provide.

She looked at him confused and asked, "Are you waiting for someone?"

He shook his head. He knew deep down the day he decided to become a hero again was his time to take on that title for good.

He sighed and said, "I have to go."

She felt a bit disappointed knowing he had to leave, she was having fun and the idea of him kissing her wasn't one that escaped her mind either.

She said softly, "Okay."

He had a wanting look in his eye. A want to stay. A want to be with her. A want of knowing what it was like kissing her.

He kicked up his board and handed it to Nat.

She looked at him confused and said, "I can take a cab home..."

He shook his head, "No, you're better off practicing your skills for next time."

Her face dropped she stumbled, "N-next time?"

He laughed as he walked off pulling his hood over his head.

He yelled back, "I don't hear those wheels turning."

She laughed to herself as she watched him disappear off into the distance. Was she starting to fall for him? She's never felt so comfortable with a boy before, definitely not with Daniel or the other one before him...

Daniel.

She had forgotten about him. The sudden feeling in her stomach intertwining made her have the urge to puke. She was terrified he'd be waiting outside their apartment like he did once last week. She looked back hoping Peter would be somewhere in sight, but he was gone.

She sighed as she got on the skateboard, and made her way back to the apartment.

At least one thought was able to illuminate more than the terrifying thought of Daniel waiting at her apartment complex.

A singular thought.

She would let herself fall in love with Peter Parker.