Chapter 30

Bella's POV

I woke up from my nap and I see Victoria reading a book while stroking my hair. I smirked, "you care about me." Victoria's head shot down to me and she growled out, "I do not." I raised an eyebrow, "okay I'm starting to grow on you because a week ago you wouldn't have dared touch me like this." Victoria growled, "I'm doing this because I'm thinking about how I want to pull your hair back and bite you."

I looked up at the vampire, "was James really your mate?" I asked and Victoria sighed, "he was but he wasn't right in the head. He was always looking for someone to play with like a pet. He was too busy hunting for me. He didn't care I was his mate so eventually I just became another part of his coven which was fine I mean he would have sex with me and everything but only when there was a human there to kill and fuck."

"So you never really had a good mate experience," I whispered and Victoria looked down at me. "Then when you burnt James to the ground I saw something in you that was worthy of taking. You were snarky and stronger then you were playing out to be. I hated you for taking my mate but then I thought of this plan to get you. I knew you were Cullen's mate but I wanted you still because it's only far I get a mate after mine was killed. You were perfect for the job and only I saw you could be marked and bleed it sealed my choice. I wanted you and I had to have you."

"Now here you are in bed with me while stroking my hair," I whispered and Victoria sighed, "you grew on me." I giggled, "well let's just say you've somewhat grown on me too."

We sat there while Victoria read her book and I just traced pattens on her abs which were very hard to the touch without her even flexing them. Alice ran into the room, "we have a problem I've spoken to Aro, and we need to go as fast as possible."

I looked at Alice confused, "what's going on?" I asked and Victoria was already up and packing. "Carlisle went to the Romanians and the wolves and has gather people claiming that the Volturi have unlawfully split his coven up and stollen 3 of his members for their true deaths."

"Wait so we are about to have another vampire war?" I asked and Alice pulled me out of bed and started to get me dressed, "yes they are coming tomorrow and you need to be out of sight by then and hidden somewhere safe." I shook my head, "no I can help!" I cried out and Alice cupped my cheeks, "Bella, I saw you die I'm not about to let that happen." I whimpered and Victoria was standing next to Alice, "I'm ready to leave when you are." I started to cry and Alice held me close, "it's okay Aro trusts us to take you somewhere safe I know some people in Denali they aren't the biggest fans of the Volturi but they would never want to double cross them they are loyal and they love me so they will help us."

Alice finished getting me dressed then picked me up, "trust me I'll protect you Bella I always will." I nod and Alice ran out of the castle with me in her arms and Victoria behind me.