Chapter 34

Bella's POV

I waited until everyone was talking about safety when I did it. I jumped out of the window and grabbed a tree branch and slid down to the snowy floor. I was dressed in jeans, a black shirt and Victoria's leather jacket.

I ran as fast as I can to the ocean. Once I got there I dove straight in without a second thought. I shifted into my siren form and swam as fast as I can to Italy.

As I got there I jumped out and transformed back into my human body and ran to the outskirts of Volterra. I see that the city has been evacuated and some of it is reduced to rubble. I put a shield around me blocking my heartbeat from anyone and my scent.

I snuck from building to building looking for the pathetic excuse for a vampire that ordered Victoria dead. She may have not been my soulmate, but she was still my mate. Once I got to the last building, I see him. Blonde hair and golden eyes ordering people and making a plan to attack, "Okay with Stefan and Vladimir after the Princess we can focus on the castle I got all the weak spots on this map so we will hit them tomorrow when the sun rises."

I stared at the man and I smirked. You won't be making it to tomorrow Carlisle your body with me up in flames by the end of the night. I watch Carlisle go into an abandoned building and the others guarded the castle in case anyone came out which was good news for me.

I snuck into the abandoned building and see Esme Cullen in bed with Carlisle, "Carlisle I'm not sure about this war it will kill a lot of innocent people just following orders." Carlisle turned to his mate, "they killed Edward I felt it Esme they need to be stopped before they kill anyone else what if next week it's Alice or Jasper."

"Yes Carlisle I understand," Esme whispered and I jumped down from the roof and landed in front of the bed. "Trust me that is the least of your worries right now," I growled and quickly chained them to the bed. "You killed my mate and now all I have left of her is her jacket. Alice will get mad I ran away sure but I need to kill you. Because the minute they set my mate on fire I felt it. I felt her death in my very soul. Victoria did not deserve to die because of your stupid little war. But you... you deserve to die."

I ran over and ripped his heart from his body causing him to scream out. I growled and then I grabbed my lighter and lit the bed on fire quickly pulling Esme off the bed. The brown haired fell to her knees, "what have you done!" Esme cried and I turned hearing vampires running away. I turned back to Esme, "run away Esme. Run away and never return to Volterra... because if you come back... there will be a bonfire with your name on it."

The golden eyed vampire ran as fast as she could. I turned back to the window and broke it open and jumped out of the window landing on the ground. I watched as all the vampire run to the edge of the city but were stopped and killed by the Volturi guards that I contacted just before I killed their pathetic excuse of a leader.