Part 4

Prachi finished what he gave her and placed the laptop in front of him. She went upstairs afterwards.
Ranbir checked it and she covered everything that he asked her.
But he wanted to torment her, just like he was in pain.
He sent the presentation on his mail and thought about something.
He wanted to do it but there was something stopping him.
He pressed on the Presentation icon and brought the cursor on the delete option.
He was contemplating and in the end didn't do it. He couldn't. He closed the laptop and sat back.

He saw the EM with Prachi. And then he approached Ranbir.
EM:"your room is ready, you can rest. We are also going home. The nurse and me. Prachi ma'am will be here if you need something."
Ranbir looked where he was minutes ago but Prachi wasn't there.
Ranbir:"it's ok, i will go later on. Just show me the room."
The EM pointed towards his room and said it was the fourth one upstairs.
Ranbir:"ok, thank you."
Ranbir noticed that the nurse left first then EM.

Prachi came into the hall with her phone, earphone and laptop.
Ranbir:"it's only us here?"
She nodded.
Ranbir:"You sent the EM and the nurse, you were sending me upstairs, why? Any boyfriend coming? You got yourself the third one, right? Good, good."
Prachi just sat on the couch and put her earphones.

Ranbir remembered their last meeting: he said something like that and she slapped him in return. But today no reaction at all.
Not even a scolding, nothing.

He frustratedly went to the dining table and peeked to know what she was doing.
The presentation.
Why is she checking it time and again?
He poured himself a glass of water and drank. He went for another one.
His stomach was rumbling. He was hungry but he wasn't going to tell her.

He came back to the hall and sat in his previous place in front of her.
Prachi took a quick glance at him.

Ranbir also got his laptop out and worked. He was checking sales reports and other things. They were both working however there was a strange comfortableness.
Prachi checked the time and left quickly. Ranbir watched her. She went upstairs the first room, the nurse also was there.
What's in that room?

His thoughts broke because of his phone. It was Pallavi.
He picked up.
Pallavi:"Ranbir, what is this? You didn't even call once."
Ranbir:"mom, i got busy."
Pallavi:"in which hotel are you staying?"
Ranbir:"why?"
Pallavi:"just say."
Ranbir:"the people i am working with, didn't let me go to a hotel. I am staying at their place."
Pallavi:"oh that will be a problem then."
Ranbir:"Problem?"
Pallavi:"nothing, never mind. You take care. We will talk when you return."
Ranbir hung up and continued his work.

On the other side:
Pallavi:"you can't go, Rhea."
Rhea:"why not?"
Pallavi:"because he is not in hotel. I can't send you there."
Rhea:"but.."
Pallavi:"i said no, Rhea. Drop it now."
Pallavi left leaving a fuming Rhea.

Ranbir noticed Prachi coming down with 2 trays, each had a bowl.
She went to keep it in the kitchen and came back with dinner.
She placed it in front of him.  He noticed how she bought only one plate for him. He ate in silence resisting the urge to ask her where was her plate.

After a few hours:
Only Ranbir was in the hall, Prachi disappeared upstairs and he had a video conference meeting.
He thought to check the room now and headed upstairs.

He tried to remember which room the EM told him and entered one. It was completely dark there. He  reached out for the switch and turned on the lights but in vain. The room was still in dark. He tried again, but the same thing happened.
Ranbir:"what kind of room is this?"
He checked the hallways and everything was lit up.
He entered nevertheless. He closed the door and removed his blazer.
He laid down and remembered his meeting with Prachi that happened earlier.

He closed his eyes hoping to get some sleep but only her face and memories were coming.
He was lost in her memories when he felt the bed dipped next to him. He sat straight quickly.
Ranbir:"who is there?"
He used his phone torch to see Prachi.

Ranbir:"Prachi, you. (Angrily) what the hell are you doing? In my room."
He saw how Prachi was lost in her thoughts for a second.
Ranbir, snapped his fingers in front of her:"ohhh here. Answer me. Another plan of yours to get closer to me."
Prachi stood up and came to Ranbir's side. She held his hands.
Ranbir:"leave me...."
She pulled him outside the room and showed him the door where it was written Prachi in beautiful calligraphy.

How did he not see it before?
Ranbir, awkwardly because he was the one wrong here:"where is my room then?"
She pointed to the next room.
Ranbir left angrily to the other room. He noticed how this room had the lights and seems unused as well.

He frustratedly took his bag and fetched his clothes. He went to shower: letting the water flow down remembering all the bitterness between them.
It still hurt him just like it did the first day. He punched the wall, he wasn't going to react to her now. Why is he reacting to her in first place?
He shouldn't talk to her and must ignore her now.

But his mind, body, heart doesn't abide by his rules around her.

He came back to the room after changing. He searched for his blazer as there was a pendrive in it. He needed it to work.
He remembered that it was in Prachi's room and frustratedly went there.
He knocked the door, Prachi opened and he could see that the room was still in dark.

Ranbir:"i left my blazer here, i need it."
Prachi disappeared in the darkness and came back with his blazer. She handed it to him.
They were about to leave to their respective destinations when they heard a machine beeping.
Ranbir looked confused at her while she grew tensed and rushed to the first room.

He also followed her.

Prachi rushed to Abhigya's room and saw that the drop of Abhi was over.
She quickly changed it and everything went smoothly.
She backed to the wardrobe and leaned on it. She sighed in relief.

She heard Ranbir:"Chief..." who was shocked seeing Abhigya in this state.
That made her look at him and she redeemed herself and went to check Pragya's drop. Hers was fine.

Ranbir approached Abhi, and sat next to him.
Ranbir, emotionally:"Chief.... See your Champ is here. Won't you tease me today?"

Prachi thought to leave him alone and was going out but Ranbir followed her. He called and she stopped.
She turned to face him.
Ranbir:"there hasn't been any improvement in 2 months?"
She nodded no.
Ranbir:"tell me their medical condition. I will arrange the best doctors for them."
Prachi was leaving from there.

Ranbir, confused:"Prachi, i am asking you something."
But she left.
Ranbir, frustratedly:"Prachi...."
He angrily hit the wall.

—————
Hope you guys like it and thank you for all your comments.❤️❤️❤️