Part 12

The nurse came there citing that she was leaving but was hesitating seeing Prachi asleep. Ranbir reassured her that he will handle everything, and she left after that.
He knew that she will need to eat somethingwhen she wakes up, so he went to the kitchen. He hadn't been in the kitchen for months.
He used to cook for them, might do it once more.
He began to cook, he still knew how to cook.
Ranbir recalled how she was loving chocolate these days, so he thought to make something with chocolate as well.

After 1 hour:
Ranbir was in Abhigya's room checking them while Prachi regained consciousness in her room. She looked around nervously and checked the time. She needed to check on Abhigya as the nurse is gone.
She ran to their room forgetting her dizziness. She reached the door when she noticed Ranbir there. He also noticed her.
He came to her.
Ranbir:'You should be resting. I am with them.' She was nodding no but felt dizzy.
He held and supported her.
Ranbir:'You should do one thing, put a bed here and join them.'
She looked at him.
Ranbir:'How will you take care of them if you are sick yourself?'
She looked away from him, she didn't know that he was aware of her mental health.
And he guessed it as well.
He helped her to the chair next to Pragya and made her sit. He gave her a glass of water and she gulped it down.

Ranbir:"they are fine, you need to eat, let's go."
Prachi grew tensed and nodded no quickly.

Ranbir:"what no? You have to eat."
She once again nodded no.
Ranbir:"you won't listen like this." He came to her and scooped her in his arms. She was shocked by his actions.
He also looked at her and was a bit happy seeing her feelings.

Ranbir:"don't stare at me like this. Who knows i could drop you."
Prachi glared at him while he was enjoying this.

Ranbir, in his mind:"Thank God, she is reacting. Slow but we are making progress."
He noticed how she quickly went back to the indifference mode as if she read his mind.

He brought her downstairs to the sofa. He was about to place her on the sofa but stopped.
Ranbir:"won't you run away?"
She looked at him and he realised that he just gave her this idea.

Ranbir carried her to the kitchen directly and placed her on the counter.
Ranbir:"today, we will eat in the kitchen only."
He started to serve her and himself.

Prachi was just staring at him. He was feeling her gaze but kept himself busy.
He handed her the plate. She looked at the plate and then at him.
Ranbir also looked at the plate. He had served more than necessary. She will never finish that even if she was completely healthy.
Ranbir:"you have to eat. And if you don't, i will feed you forcefully."

Prachi placed the plate next to her and looked away.
Ranbir sighed and scolded himself:"what Ranbir? She is already having troubles eating and you....."

He served another plate with less quantity and handed it to her. It was the same portion he has seen her eat.
Ranbir:"here...."
Prachi looked at him and the plate.
Ranbir:"but you have to finish this one."

They both started eating.
Prachi took the first bite and realized something. She looked at him.Ranbir noticed that.
Just like he knew when she made something, she also did.
They ate in complete silence.
She was about to go but Ranbir stopped her.
Ranbir:"i made something else for you." He went to the fridge and showed her chocolate milkshake.

A small smile came on her face and Ranbir was also happy seeing that.
Ranbir:"can't make any dessert so thought why not this."
Prachi hopped down the counter and took the milkshake.
Ranbir:"you could keep it for later on."
She nodded no and proceeded to have it.

Ranbir:"you seems to love chocolate now. You weren't a fan before. What change?"
Prachi stopped in her tracks. Ranbir had a last hope that she will explain and talk.