Part 34

He saw her standing there in the rain, her back was towards him so he was unaware of her feelings right now.
Ranbir:"Prachi.... You still have a little bit of fever, don't get drenched."
However he got no response and neither she turned to him.
He removed his jacket and then went to her.
As he approached her, he could feel her taking deep breath. She had her eyes closed. He touched her shoulder to catch her attention.

She looked at him.
Ranbir:"what happened?"
She just forwarded her hand to him. He was confused but gave her his hand nevertheless. She made him wrapped his hands around her. And she just leaned on him.

He was hugging her from behind but was himself very confused.
He recalled how she did that after their first dance at Maya's engagement.
He was confused at that time and was feeling the same today as well.
He just knew that she wanted him to hold her and he was going to let her have what she wanted.
He didn't care that they were getting completely drenched, he just knew that she needed him.

After a few minutes, Prachi turned around facing him. He still kept his hands around her though.
Ranbir:"are you okay?"
She nodded yes.
Ranbir:"we should head inside... i don't want you to fall sick."
But Prachi didn't let him.
She placed her head on his chest hugging him once again.
Ranbir was getting more and more confused.

She chuckled and he asked her the reason. She touched his chest just where his heart was.
Prachi:"it's... b.. beating fast..."
He also chuckled.
Ranbir:"it always does when you come this close."

Prachi looked at him lovingly. He moved his hand to her face to tug her hair behind her ear.
She closed her eyes feeling his fingertips on her cheek.
Ranbir:"should we go or you want to stay in rain more?"
Prachi signed him that they should go.

In the car:
Ranbir:"we should head home, looks like it's going to go on. And goes my plan for a long ride."
She chuckled at him and nodded yes to him.

They reached home and as it was raining heavily, they waited in the car itself.
Ranbir:"well, seems like we are stuck here or we can run inside. What do you suggest?"
She looked around and opened the door.

Ranbir:"so run in?"
She nodded no and step out. She went in front of the car just to enjoy the rain. Ranbir was watching her, that's the first time he saw her that happy and peaceful.
He also got down the car and just watched her enjoying herself.
Prachi stopped as she noticed him looking at her.

He came to her and held her hands.
Ranbir:"you know Aryan is right, your smile is something else. And I will try my best to keep that smile on your face."
She looked at him.

Suddenly, Prachi started sneezing.
Ranbir:"we should really head inside now." He was about to go but Prachi held his hand.
He looked at her and she came closer to him.

Ranbir:"why do I feel like you want to say something since earlier?"
She nodded yes.
Ranbir:"what is it?"
He saw how much she was contemplating it.
Ranbir:"you know you can tell me anything right?"
She nodded yes an took a step forward, coming closer to him.
He looked at her confused. She touched his cheek and leaned in.
She placed a kiss on his opposite cheek. Ranbir looked at her shocked.
Prachi:"R.... Ranbir, can't we.... Be like before?"
He looked at her.

Ranbir:"we can try, right? Try making things be the same. Are you willing to try?
I promise you that I will give 100% to it."

Prachi:"you... you have.. to.. promise that... you won't doubt me ever... again."
Ranbir:"never. I promise you."
Prachi:"it... still hurts....."
Ranbir:"i know. And i will try to lessen it as much as possible."
He cupped her face in his hands.

Prachi, emotionally:"listen.... It still hurts... b... but not... like before....
It... all reduced when... you are.... This close.... I never... i never wanted... anything in these 2 months. But... you coming here.... Awakes everything....
I just... know that... I... I want to be with y..you. That... this heart (she touched her chest) seeks only you.
But please... don't br..break it again...."

Ranbir, teary eyed nodded no:"never...."
Prachi:"i.... Forgive you.... For whatever happened. And i... i am s..Sorry too."
He smiled with tears in his eyes hearing her. He was forgiven.
He somewhere knew he didn't deserve it this soon but he was extremely happy.

Prachi:"sorry.... As well..."
Ranbir:"no, no. Why are you saying sorry? I was stupid to have doubted you and said so many things. Stupid is also not enough, idiot, duffer... all.
You don't need to say sorry. You did the right thing. You were right."
He hugged her while she also reciprocated the hug.
Prachi was also very happy: she thought about this a lot. Should he be forgiven or not?
And her heart always gave her one answer.

She was willing to give another chance. She was taking the risk but her heart was telling her that it will be worth it.
Somewhere she placed herself in his position, what would she have done if she saw him with another girl like that.
She couldn't answer it. She didn't know.
That's why she wanted to take the risk.

Ranbir broke the hug and looked at her.
Ranbir:"thank you, thank you, Prachi. I won't disappoint you ever again."

He kissed her forehead and once again hugged her. They both were genuinely happy as they were back together. Their equation definitely changed but they were willing to try.

Ranbir looked at her lovingly and then they headed inside now by the same way they came out.

Prachi's room:
They both changed and were sneezing badly.
Ranbir:"your temperature (sneeze) i will check."
Prachi:"you... sh.....should check yours."

Ranbir:"we both need medicines now."
She nodded yes and handed him the pill.
They both dozed off due to the medicines effect afterwards.

Hope you guys like this one.
And thank you for all the love