Part 16

Ranbir was in a hospital and requested to meet Dr. Sharma.
He was directed to his cabin and he waited for the doctor there.
Dr. Sharma:"Mr. Kohli, it's a pleasure meeting you."
Ranbir:"i am ...."
Dr. S:"i know, Prachi's husband. I saw you the other day at home and Mr. Khanna also said that you will come sooner or later. He told me to tell you everything: every detail about Prachi."
Ranbir was listening attentively and was very nervous.

Dr. S:"so you know about the panic attacks, depression and mutism."
Ranbir nodded yes.
Dr. S:"so, as long as the panic attacks are concerned, she has the pills for them. But i don't want this to be a permanent thing. As you may have noticed, her attacks are related to your relationship."
He nodded.
Dr. S, continued:"Aryan had to tell me everything so i know what happened.
Prachi is very insecure about your relationship and rightly so in a way.
If you want to help her, you will have to assure her that your relationship with her is stable and secure."
Ranbir was lost in his thoughts.

Dr. S:"as long as for her depression, like i said the other day she already gave up. She has only one aim in her life now: her parents. And i am scared that once they get fine...."
Ranbir:"that aim will also end."
Dr. S:"correct. And if that happens, she will fall in darkness even more."

Ranbir didn't know what to say.
Dr. S:"now coming to her mutism...."
Ranbir:"i read about it and it's because of anxiety or trauma. I know what i said to her was very wrong but that cannot be the trauma...."
Dr. S:"Mr. Kohli, we had to diagnose her as psychogenic mutism.
See what you read is absolutely right. And this condition exists mostly in children where they choose not to speak in certain situations such as in front of strangers. Due to shyness, anxiety or any sort of trauma.
But this is different for Prachi.
Prachi chose not to speak. Just like she stopped herself from feelings. She just chose not to speak."

Ranbir, stunned:"means... means she can speak but refusing to."
Dr. S:"yes. There is nothing wrong with her vocal cords or voice. She can speak.
But yes, since she didn't utter a word since 2 months, there might be some problems in the beginning but that i will know when she will try to talk.
Now, even i don't know the real condition of her voice."

Ranbir:"i will make her talk. I need to."
Dr. S:"like i said. It can be difficult in the beginning. Prachi somehow controlled her mind in a way that she doesn't feel anything and stop herself from talking.
And not talking for 2 months might have hindered her communication skills. But i won't know until she tried to speak."

Ranbir was still registering what has been said and was somewhere happy that her mutism might not be that bad. She got to try first then they will know exactly.
Trying.... That's the big step. The step that Prachi needs to take.
That she doesn't want to.

After asking some questions, Ranbir left from there.

Prachi's house:
Prachi was on her laptop in the hall when the EM came there.
EM:"Ranbir sir is not here?"
Prachi turned to him and signed that he might have left.
EM:"i don't think that he will leave this easily."
Prachi looked at him.
EM:"i mean that it's good if he left, right, Baccha?"
She nodded yes and went back to her things.
Ranbir came there over excited.

Even the EM was happy seeing him, he knew the relationship between Pranbir now and somehow knew that he was the one who could help Prachi.

Ranbir:"i was thinking since we are going to work together and the deal is going to happen, we need a celebration. Why don't we go out for dinner tonight?"
He looked at the EM for help.
Prachi was about to nod no.

EM:"Baccha, that will be awesome. But the nurse hasn't been informed, so I will stay here, you guys go."
Prachi nodded no.
EM:"Baccha, you should go. You will have fun."
Ranbir:"so it's decided, we are going and you are getting ready. Let's go."
He held her hands and pulled her to her room.