Part 38

Next morning:
Ranbir was the first one to wake up and he looked at Prachi who was sleeping peacefully in his arms.   He looked at the time and it was quite late but he didn't want to disturb her so he let her sleep.

He tried to release himself from her grip but she just hugged him even more. He smiled at his failed attempts.
He noticed the laptop on the bedside table and proceeded to do some office work in the meantime.

Downstairs:
Everyone was busy with the preparations but Rhea kept checking the time and the stairs. She was waiting for Prachi.
Seeing that they weren't coming down, she went to Aryan and questioned him.
Aryan:"why do you want them?"
Rhea:"because we divided the work, theirs are still pending."
He looked at her, confusingly.

Aryan:"tell me, i will do their part."
Rhea:"why? It's their work, let them do it. I will call them."
Rhea started going upstairs.
Aryan:"what's the need, i am telling you that i will do everything."
Rhea, irritatedly:"that work only Prachi will do that."
Aryan stopped her by holding her arm:"what does that mean?"
Rhea:"leave my hand...."
Aryan:"first explain."
Rhea:"what is it to explain?"
She jerked his hand away and went forward to Pranbir's room.

Aryan tried to stop her but she went in without knocking.
Ranbir looked at them and sighed. Rhea noticed how Prachi was sleeping hugging Ranbir.

Ranbir signed Aryan and he signed him back that he had no idea what was going on with Rhea.
Rhea, calmed herself:"There is a lot of work downstairs. We need to work together."

Ranbir:"we will come once she wakes up. For now leave."
Abhi came there. He had noticed Rhea going there and followed her.

Abhi:"Rhea, let her rest. We already did everything downstairs."
Rhea:"but Dad...."
Abhi:"let's go, Rhea." He took her with him.

Aryan came to Ranbir.
Aryan:"she is definitely planning something."
Ranbir:"we must keep an eye on her."
Aryan nodded yes.

Prachi started stirring and finally woke up.
Aryan:"i see you had a great sleep, sister..."
He teased her while Prachi saw that she was still in Ranbir's embrace.
She at once moved back from him.

Aryan:"i will manage downstairs until you come."
He was indirectly telling about Rhea.

Prachi looked at the time.
Prachi:"why... did..n't you ... wake m...e up?"
Ranbir, closing the laptop:"because you were looking so cute hugging me. I didn't have the heart to break that."
He noticed how her cheeks reddened at his comment.

Prachi:"i will get... ready."
He nodded while she went to the washroom.

After sometime they all were in the hall, helping each other.
Arbir stayed with Prachi the whole time, irritating Rhea as she wanted her alone.

Later, the party was about to begin while Prachi was still in her room.
She looked at the clothes for the party and sighed. She hated dressing up and even more now.
She went to the washroom to change. After all it was Rhea's choice and she chose indo western look for everyone. Prachi thought that at least it was wearable.

She went in front of the mirror for the accessories when Ranbir came there. He got dressed before her and then went to Dida.
He saw how she was irritated with the jewelry and approached her.
He knelt next to her.

Ranbir:"don't, if you do not want to wear these."
She put all back in their initial place.
Ranbir:"might add one more in the box..."
She looked at him confused.

He showed her the butterfly bracelet which she returned him the day he got to know the truth.
She recalled his and her words about her wings. She signed him to make her wear it.

He smilingly obeyed her.
Ranbir:"i am trying to repair the wings.... I hope she will be flying soon."
She smiled at him and then proceeded to wear only earrings.

They both went to the party which was going in full swing.
Sushma Aunty took Prachi along with her, Ranbir didn't want to interfere there as he knew that Aunty still disliked him.
However, his eyes never left her. He kept watching her all along.

Aryan came to him and also noticed Prachi with Sushma Aunty. They both were aware that Rhea was planning something, that's why they had their eyes on Prachi.

Aryan:"come, let's have a drink in the meantime."
Ranbir nodded and they headed to the bar. One drink wasn't a big deal for them since they had been drinking since college days.

Aryan:"I can't see Rhea anywhere."
Ranbir:"as long as Prachi is in front of us, i don't care."
They both remained cautious though. After meeting some of the clients with Sushma Aunty, Prachi spotted the boys.

She came to them and directly hugged Ranbir, who was surprised by her actions.
She placed her head on his chest near his heart and just closed her eyes enjoying the moment.

Ranbir, though was surprised, hugged her back and kissed her head. He just held her close to him, ignoring all eyes that were on them.
Aryan smiled looking at them.
Ranbir:"anything wrong?"
She nodded no and just enjoyed the hug.

Dida came to them, she was also smiling seeing them.
Dida:"Prachi, come with me.... I made something special for you in the kitchen. Made with chocolate."
Prachi's eyes lit up hearing chocolate and happily followed Dida.

Ranbir watched her with an unreadable expression. Aryan nudged him with his elbows.
Aryan, teasingly:"why are you looking at her like this? She is your wife only."

Ranbir:"no bro. Actually Prachi feels shy in front of everyone, like she would feel shy even if i hold her hands in front of family members.
And right now she hugged me in front of so many people without any shyness. I am just surprised."

Aryan:"don't be. This is one positive aspect of her not caring. Because now she doesn't care what others think of her actions.
You should be happy she is expressing herself through actions."

Ranbir:"ohh trust me, i am very happy."
Aryan:"then leave all other thoughts, just pamper your girl the way she wants. With all the love that you have for her."
Ranbir looked at him smilingly.

The boys were talking about other things when Pragya and Sushma Aunty caught everyone's attention.
They were thanking everyone and talking business.
Ranbir noticed that Dida was back but without Prachi. He came to her with Aryan and questioned her.

Dida:"Pragya sent her upstairs to get something from her room."
Arbir looked on.
Aryan:"Rhea is also not here."
And at that moment itself, they saw Rhea with Aliya and Abhi.
Aliya came to meet her brother and was least bothered about Pragya.

Ranbir:"you keep an eye on Rhea, i will check Prachi."
Aryan nodded while Dida asked them the matter.
Ranbir went upstairs while Aryan explained Dida.

Rhea smirked at Aliya watching Ranbir going upstairs.
Aliya whispered to Rhea:"if you wanted, we could have taken a more drastic step than this...."
Rhea:"no Buji, they are hiding something about Prachi. For now, i just want to know what it is. I need to know her weaknesses right now. We will take more drastic measures later on."
Aliya understood her and nodded.

Hope you guys like this one and thank you all for all your lovely comments❤️❤️❤️❤️