Part 19

In the afternoon:
Ranbir was looking at some of his files, he has been ignoring his work these days. He knew his employess could deal with it but he still needed to check certain things.
His secretary was also helping him. He has been trying to convince the organisers for the past hours now and finally they agreed when he informed them that Ranbir said to choose someone else if they cannot change the location.
Ranbir grew happy that he will not have to leave now.
The EM and Prachi came in there as well. He went to them excitingly and hugged Prachi in happiness.
EM:'What happened, Sir?'
Ranbir:'I don't have to go. The event is happening here itself. I am not going anywhere.' He once again hugged Prachi.
She removed his hands around her and he also registered what he did. He nervously ran his hand in his hair.

Kohli's Mansion:
They were decorating the halls for the wedding while Dida was worringly trying Ranbir's phone. But it wasn't going through.
Vikram received the online invitations for the award ceremony and was shocked seeing the location.
Pallavi:'What happened, Vikram?'
Vikram:'The location have been changed. The ceremony is going to be in Mumbai.'
Rhea:'what? But how? That cerermony is always held here.'
Vikram:'I guess they change it this year.'
Dida looked on smilingly.
Dida, to herself:'Ranbir got the location changed so that he stays with Prachi. Great.'
She was very happy.
Pallavi:'Now the wedding?'
Dida:'How will it happen? It can't happen. We should stop all these preparations.'
Rhea, fuming:'No, I will get married to Ranbir on his birthday itself. Even if we have to go there.'
Vikram:'Rhea is right, we are already going there.'
Pallavi:'Yes, and they will get married after the ceremony as planned.'
Dida, worried:'They are after my Ranbir.'
She left from there.
Dida kept on trying Ranbir's phone but in vain. She called the secretary but his was busy as he was constantly on the phone coordinating everything with the organisers.
Lastly, Dida called on Prachi's phone late at night.

Prachi was in her room as she just changed into her nightdress. Her phone rang and saw Dida's name. It wasn't a video call this time.
She picked it up nevertheless.
Dida, whispering:'Prachi, i couldn't get Ranbir, please put him on the phone. It's urgent.'
Prachi was confused but was going to Ranbir's room. She grew worried as she thought something was wrong.
Dida:'You heard me right? Hello..... hello...' Prachi didn;t know what to do and switched the call to a video call.
Dida accepted it and asked yet again.
Prachi nodded yes and signed her to wait. She rushed to Ranbir's room while Dida was confused.

She entered his room without knocking and saw Ranbir shirtless. She immediately turned away.
Ranbir:'I know you have the right to see me like this but you should warn me.'
Prachi turned to show him her phone but closed her eyes as he was still standing shirtless.
Dida smiled looking at and listening to everything. With her eyes closed, she showed him the phone.
Ranbir:'Dida...' He quickly wore his shirt while Dida was chuckling. He approached Prachi to take the phone but smiled seeing her eyes closed. Instead of taking the phone, he leaned in, closer to her and placed a kiss on her cheek.
Prachi instantly opened her eyes. He beamed at her and took her phone. She turned away from him and looked at her self in the mirror.
Her cheeks were slightly red, she touched her cheek where he kissed her and was lost in her thoughts.

On the other side, Dida informed Ranbir what was going and what Rhea, Vikram and Pallavi were planning. Hearing preparations, Ranbir switched back to audio call and removed it from speaker.
He didn't want Prachi to be upset hearing all this.
Ranbir:'Let them plan, Dida. I will give them a bigger surprise. I won't let their plan succeed.'
Dida:'ok then. What happened to Prachi? Is she fine?'
He looked at Prachi who was still lost in her thoughts.
Ranbir:'She will be fine.'
Dida hung up after that.

Ranbir came near Prachi.
He whispered to her:'You felt something?' She turned to him as his question brought her back to reality.
He asked her the question again and she nodded no.
He smiled at her answer while she took her phone and left from there quickly.

Next morning:
Ranbir came out of the shower when he saw a small gift on the bed. He confusedly took it and saw 'Happy Birthday' written on it. 
He grinned like a Cheshire cat. He happily unwrapped the gift and opened the box. He smiled as he found a musical keychain in it.
He picked his car keys and attached it to the keychain. He smiled looking at his keys. There was only one person here who knew about his love for music.

He happily climbed down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen.
The EM, on seeing him:'Happy Birthday, Sir.'
Ranbir thanked him while hugging him. He looked at Prachi who was busy making her hot chocolate.
Ranbir, to the EM:'Anyway, thank you for the gift, I loved the keychain.'
EM:'Gift? But I only made cake for you. No gift.'
Prachi was avoiding them. Seeing Ranbir's smile, the EM realised that he was indirectly talking to Prachi.
They heard the doorbell and the EM excused himself. Prachi was also trying to run away from Ranbir. She knew he would asked her about the gift.
But he didn't let her, he held her by the arms and pulled towards him.
There was only some inches of distance between them. Ranbir leaned in and whispered in her ear.
Ranbir:'first wish and first gift from you, You didn't let the 3 years record break, right?'
Prachi closed her eyes at their proximity.
He noticed the food items on the counter.
Ranbir:'cake... you made sure that there is my favourite food as well, you deserve a return gift, right?'
He saw how their closeness still affected her in the same way as before. He moved to her cheeks.
He was about to kiss her but his secretary came there.
S:'Sorry Sir.'
They both jerked apart.
S:'I didn't know that you were with ma'am, really sorry.'
Ranbir, nervously:'No it's ok.'
Prachi poured her chocolate milk and left from there quickly. 
The secretary handed him the phone and he saw Dida along with the other family members. For a second he thought that they saw Prachi but Dida signed him that all was ok.
As soon as Dida heard the secretary said that he was with ma'am, she immediately took the phone from Rhea, saying that she will wish Ranbir first.

Ranbir was relieved as Dida handled it.
All Kohlis wished him happy birthday along with Rhea.
Pallavi:'What is this, Ranbir? We tried whole night to call you. You didn't answer.'
He checked his phone and there was nothing. He tossed it to secretary.
Ranbir:'Check what is wrong with it. Even Dida said the same thing the other day.'
Rhea:'Anyway, forget all this, we already reached the hotel where the ceremony is going to be. When are you coming here?'
Ranbir was furious remembering all that had happened because of her. Dida also knew that Ranbir was angry at her and repeated the question so that Ranbir actually answer.
Ranbir:'well, you guys must rest, I will come half and hour earlier before the ceremony....'
Pallavi and Rhea exchanged looks.
Rhea:'But Ranbir, it's your birthday today...'
Ranbir:'So?'
Rhea:'So you should come here so that we can celebrate..... I mean with all of us.'
Pallavi:'Yes Ranbir. You should come here.'
Ranbir:'Sorry but I am not interested to celebrate anything and I have more important work than a party.'
Rhea, whispered to Pallavi:'How are we going to convince him for the wedding if he doesn't come.'
Dida:'he is saying thay he is busy, and we will meet him eventually in the ceremony so no problem.'
Ranbir smiled at Dida as she understood his situation.
Dida:'He has other things to do, and we should rest also. Bye Ranbir.'
She cut the call.
Pallavi:'Why did you do this, Dida?'
Dida:'See we all know that Ranbir stays angry these days so that's why I did all this. If he gets angry now, you can forget the wedding tonight.'
Vikram:'She is not wrong.'
Rhea, suspiciously:'You really want the wedding to happen.'
Dida:'My wish doesn't matter, you all will do what you like. So what's the use of fighting. And plus i don't want to spoil Ranbir's mood on his birthday."
She left from there.

Hope you all like this one as well.