Part 45

At the party:
Pranbir looked at the grand hall where there were many tables for the guests. Prachi noticed the nicely decorated tables with candles that were yet to be lit up.

However, she grew nervous seeing the crowd of people there. Ranbir felt Prachi's grip tightened around his arm seeing the crowd of people there. He touched her hand and reassured her that it's fine.
She smiled at him and the staff led them to their places.

Once they sat down at their table, he saw how her eyes lit up seeing something. He followed her gaze and saw the chocolate fountain there. He amusingly shook his head.
Ranbir: 'If I lose track of you in this party, I know where to find you.'

He chuckled while she looked at him and childishly eyed him. He chuckled more at her childish antics. She turned to the fountain again and was watching what food items were there. After figuring what was there, she turned her attention to Ranbir who was smilingly watching her.

They were served welcoming drinks.
Ranbir, teasingly: 'They will start the chocolate buffet after dinner, then you can have all the chocolates that you want."

She happily nodded yes.
As they were talking, the lights went off. The host of the party welcomed them.
Host: 'Our hotel concept is unique and tonight will also be unique. We have cut off powers in this hall, lobby, corridors and your rooms. This evening will be spent only with candles and the romantic atmosphere of the rain. Tonight's event is dedicated to all the lovely couples here. Enjoy your own romantic party.'

Pranbir looked around as the hall was illuminated with candles on every table. It was looking beautiful. Ranbir knew Prachi would love it since she likes lights, thinking about her room. And indeed, when he turned to her, he could see her big smile.
Prachi, whispering: 'That's so awe...awesome.'
Ranbir, whispering back: 'Yes, but why are you whispering?'
Prachi: 'Even you are...'
He looked on and then told her to talk normally.
Prachi: 'For how... long will we be here?'
Ranbir, teasingly: 'Why? Already bored of my company?'
Prachi quickly denied it: 'No, no. Just ask...asking.'
Ranbir: 'We will see... As long as you want.'
She looked at him and was thoughtful.

There were some performances after that while the guests were served their dinner and they were eating. Prachi was enjoying all the performances. Even Ranbir was but would sometimes steal some glances at her. He was happy seeing how happy she looked.
Sushma Aunty and Aryan were right, she will forget all the tension here. There was no-one to ruin her happiness here. She was free to do anything and express herself without any hesitation.

Prachi felt his gaze on her and turned to him. She signed him what the matter was. He leaned in and whispered to her.
Ranbir: 'Just admiring my wife.'
A smile tugged on her lips hearing him. She shifted her attention back to the performances but Ranbir shifted his chair next to her.

Using the darkness to his advantage, he came close to her and placed a kiss on her cheek. Prachi's eyes grew bigger and she turned to him surprised. He winked at her and sat properly.
The smile wouldn't leave his face as he watched the performance in front of them. She was still looking at him and decided to do something to tease him back.

However, he was bolder than her, she was nervous doing anything in front of so many people even though it was dark. But she was determined to do something.
She still had time to think, they were going to be here for a long time.

After the performances of the hired artist, the host went and spoke again: 'Hope you enjoyed your dinner, and our artists' performances. Give all of them a big clap for their awesome acts....' They all joined to clap for them one last time.
Host: 'Now, our artists have graced the floor... So it's our guests' turn now to come for a slow dance performance with their partner. And no-one can deny that.'

He invited everyone. Ranbir also brought Prachi on the floors. He pulled her closer as the music began to play.

He placed his hands on her waist while hers went behind his neck. They were just waltzing to the music. They had an eye-lock and were immersed in their own world. Ranbir lifted his hand only to push back her hair and tugged it behind her ear.
Prachi, remembering her initial intentions, took a step further closer to him. He looked at her
doubtfully. She moved her hand and brought him to his chest. He was waiting curiously for her next move. Her hand went to his cheek and stroked it.
She could see the questioning and curious look of Ranbir and held back her smile and blush.