Part 65

Blurry images..... All she could see was blurry images. What was she seeing, she had no idea.
But she was only feeling pain, immense pain on her head and ankle. Such pain that a scream came out of her mouth.

Abhi was in the kitchen when he heard her screaming, he rushed outside and saw her tossing and turning on the sofa. She was about to fall but he caught her.

She immediately hugged him while he grew worried. He tried to wake her up.
Abhi: 'Prachi.... Shhh, it's ok.'
He was stroking her head in a way to calm her down.

And finally, her eyes shoot open. She was gasping for air and Abhi consoled her.
He noticed the sweat beads and wiped it. He also moved her hair away from her face.
Prachi: 'Papa....'
Abhi, worriedly: 'It's ok. I am here with you. Don't be scared.'
She was gasping for air and with great difficulty told him about her panic attack medicines.

Abhi sprinted upstairs and searched for the medicines in the bedside table's drawer.
He quickly came back to her and made her drink the medicine.
After swallowing it, she once again hugged Abhi.

Abhi: 'It's fine, ok? Your papa is with you, right? It's ok.'
She succeeded in regulating her breathing.

Abhi: 'Don't know what the doctor gave you? I shouldn't have let him.'
Prachi: 'Papa, I am okay now.'
He was very disturbed by what happened. He saw Prachi having a panic attack for the second time.
Well, third time, but he never saw it this near. He didn't have to handle her.

Abhi: 'Do you have the number of that doctor? I need to ask him what he gave you.'
She held his hands and made him sit down, next to her.
Prachi, reassuring him: 'The doctor is not at fault. It's a reaction as I have been taking anti-depression pills. Doctor said that it stays in your body for a long time and this mix with other medicines can cause side effects.'

Abhi who was listening attentively: 'But you stopped taking those pills long before. Ranbir also said you refused to take it even before he was here.'
Prachi: 'Yeah but they did give me in the hospital when Ranbir told them I was in depression before.'

Abhi: 'But why would the doctor give it to you then?'
Prachi: 'I don't know.'
Abhi: 'That's why I need to question him. Number, now.' He sternly asked her and she had to give him.

He immediately called the doctor and started to question him as soon as the doctor picked up. He was not letting the doctor explained.
Doctor: 'Mr. Mehra, we needed to change the medicines to a higher dose because of her ankle. And side effects will occur.
And her panic attack was due to the nightmare she had.'

Abhi, not wanting to listen to him, for him, it was after his given injection that Prachi was not feeling okay.
Abhi: 'She had nightmare because of the injection, she was fine before that.'
Doctor: 'yes, it was due to the high dose. Nothing else. There is nothing to worry.'
Abhi looked at Prachi who shrugged at him. He hung up the phone and approached her.

He was helping to stand up.
Prachi, confused: 'What are you doing?'
Abhi: 'Taking you to another doctor. I don't trust this one.'
Prachi: 'But....'
Abhi: 'No buts. I am not going to take any risk with your health. I can't lose you once again. You don't know how we felt hearing about your death.'
She looked at his concern and turned emotional.

Abhi: 'Now let's go.'
She nodded and controlled her feelings. He helped her all the way till the car, not letting any pressure on her injured ankle.

At the hospital, another doctor checked her and told Abhi that she was completely fine. And exactly what Prachi told her. She just had a reaction because they gave her anti depressant in the hospital.

Prachi looked at Abhi, a look that told him that she was right. He looked away and thanked the doctor.

In the car:
Prachi: 'I told you.'
Abhi: 'I had to be sure. You are not a doctor that you will know everything.'
Prachi: 'But I know about medicines and their side effects since I was researching every single one that doctors prescribed for Maa and You.'