Part 18

Next morning:
Prachi was the first one to wake up. She looked at Ranbir who was still in the same position as last night. She recalled whatever happened last night. She looked at the time and then back to Ranbir.

Lost in her thoughts, she caressed his face and was looking at him lovingly. But she soon realised what she was doing and ran to the washroom.
She locked it quickly and leaned on the door.
Prachi, looking at herself in the mirror:''what are you doing? You cannot go that road again. You cannot feel again, it's going to hurt you again. And you don't want that pain again.'
She stared at her reflection.
She got ready quickly and left the room.

Ranbir woke up all alone.
Ranbir:''she always run away in morning.''
He also went to his room and got ready. Prachi was sitting with the EM when Ranbir came there.
EM, happily:''Congratulation Sir.''
Ranbir was confused.
EM:''you are receiving an award for your success.''
Ranbir thanked him.
EM:"but the ceremony is in Delhi..... does that mean you are leaving?"
Ranbir looked at Prachi who at once stopped what she was doing. She also looked at him.
He didn't realise that the event was not here.

Prachi left from there. He looked at her retreating figure and eventually followed her in the kitchen.
Ranbir:"should I try to make hot chocolate for you?"
She nodded no and began making it herself.
The EM:"Sir, your secretary came."
Ranbir, angrily:"good he came, i am not going to spare him."

Kohli mansion:
They were all excited for the award ceremony.
Pallavi:"it's going to be a special day. Ranbir's birthday, the award ceremony and i am planning Rhea and Ranbir's wedding on the same day."
Vikram:"that's very nice idea."
Rhea grew happy hearing them while Dida was tensed.
Dida, to herself:"i have to inform Ranbir about this."
Rhea, in her thoughts:"great, everything is going good. Once Ranbir comes back, i won't let him go back to that city where Prachi is."
She was happy thinking about her wedding.

Back to Prachi's house:
Ranbir came in the hall and took a cushion: he threw it on his secretary who was shocked seeing this side of him.
S:"Sir, what are you doing?"
Ranbir:"what am i doing? What did you do? I told you to take a week off."
He took another cushion and threw it on him.
S:"Sir, The event organiser called, what could i do?"
Ranbir got hold of him.

Ranbir:"now you will never get offs.... Whole year, forget it."
S:"sir, sorry sir."
Ranbir:"what should i do with your sorry?"
They stopped at they heard some claps. They both turned to see Prachi.
She signed them something but the secretary was confused.
Ranbir:"contract papers?"
Prachi nodded yes.
Secretary:"it's ready ma'am."
Ranbir, suddenly:"was.... It WAS ready. I made some last minute changes."
The secretary was fully confused.
Ranbir:"it was ready right? Now it will take some more days."
He tapped the secretary's shoulder.
S:"right... Sir made some changements."
Prachi nodded doubtfully and left.

His secretary looked at him.
S:"Sir... what happened to you? Normally you sign the contract and leave immediately after. What happened this time?"
Ranbir:"i cannot leave from here."
S:"why?"
Ranbir:"Prachi..."
S:"Prachi ma'am???"
He noticed the confusion. He was once again being carefree that too with his employee. He redeemed himself back to his business mode.
Ranbir:"well, everyone will know soon. So i will tell you. Prachi is my wife."
His secretary turned to him.
Ranbir:"we separated due to some reasons but i cannot leave her now."
The secretary also understood his situation and got to know why he was always angry.

S:"Sir, i am very sorry that i didn't follow what you said."
Ranbir wasn't really angry at him. He was doing his job. As his secretary he is needed for the coordination.
Ranbir:"i will forgive you but you have to do something for me."
S:"sure Sir."
Ranbir:"talk to the event organizers and tell them to change the venue to Mumbai."
S, shocked:"what?"
Ranbir, setting his shirt:"you heard me."
S:"but Sir, that event is always done in Delhi...."
Ranbir:"time to change."
S:" what will i tell them?"
Ranbir:"tell them, i am here for an important work and can't come to Delhi. So either they do it here or they give the award to someone else."
S:"but Sir.... This is a huge success for you."
Ranbir:"might be but nothing matters more than Prachi. Not even me. She is my top priority.
So get to job."
He also left from there after getting his bag.
S, anxiously:"how should i do this now?"
He proceeded to accomplish the task at hands.

Ranbir was checking what Dida sent and noticed a recipient. She sent for Prachi.
He took it and headed to Prachi's room. He noticed her with some led lights. It entangled around her and she was struggling to get out of it.
He couldn't control his laugh and bursted.
Prachi looked at him and it soon turned to a glare due to which Ranbir stopped immediately.
He put his fingers on his lips to show her that he will stop.
Ranbir:'You removed all the lights, just because I said it was beautiful?'
He turned sad at the end of the phrase.
Prachi nodded no.
Ranbir:'Then?'
Prachi pointed to the lights and then the bathroom.
Ranbir:'You are going to decorate the bathroom as well?'
She nodded yes.
Ranbir:'Ok.' He watched her as she was trying to get out of the mess.
Ranbir:'Should I help you?'
She tried on her own one last time, but she got even more entangled. At the end, she abondoned and took a step towards Ranbir.
He knew that was the sign that he could help her. He approached her and removed the lights, made it go above her head.
He held her hands and lifted them and placed it on his shoulders. Their eyes met and they had an eye lock.
Ranbir continued to untangle her still keeping eye-contact with her.

Soon, she was out of the mess but she was still watching him lovingly.
Ranbir:'Should I help you with the decoration?'
That broke their eye-lock and she picked up the lights. She rushed into the bathroom without reacting to him. He wasn't going to leave her that easily and followed her.
He helped her silently to put the lights in every corner. Ranbir noticed how she was so invested in this.
He didn't want to interupt her so didn't say a word to her, he only helped.

Ranbir talked only when they were done.
Ranbir:'Should we see how it looks?'
She nodded yes and switched off the lights. Ranbit switched on the neon lights and the room lit up.
It looked so beautiful, Ranbir noticed how Prachi was genuinely happy. She smiled, not the weak/small one, but a genuine one. He was extremely happy and grinned from ear to ear.
Prachi noticed him and stopped. She went back to her neutral face.
Ranbir:'Dida sent something for you...'
She didn't respond to him.
Ranbir:'Made of chocolate.' That grabbed her attention and she followed him. He gave her the recipient where there was chocolate cookies.
She ate them.
Ranbir:'Share with me also.' She looked at him and then forwarded it to him. Ranbir smiled at her and took one.

—————
Hope you all like this one❤️❤️