Part 27

Prachi's room:
Aryan was talking to Prachi, he was trying to keep her busy in helping him with a presentation of his. Pragya came there.
Pragya:'What did you tell your father?'
The siblings were confused.
Pragya:'Answer me, Prachi. Did you tell your father that he didn't deserve to be your dad?'
Aryan:'Aunty....' But Pragya stopped him.
Pragya:'I want Prachi to tell it to my face whatever she told her father.'

Hearing her voice, Ranbir and Abhi came there.
Pragya:'Tell me, Prachi, what did you say?'
Ranbir:'Aunty, Prachi said it in anger.'
Pragya:'In anger? What kind of anger is this to talk to her father like this?'
Abhi:'Pragya, leave it. She was just angry because I said it first.'
Pragya:'What do you mean?'
Abhi:'I said that she didn't deserve to be my daughter after all that she did to Rhea. It was my fault. She just retaliated back in anger.'
Pragya:'Why did you say that? Prachi didn't do anything wrong, she never did. I trust her more than anything. Why do you keep blaming her?'

Abhi:'I agree it's my fault. And I am ready to apologise to her. But Ranbir is right, we all broke her, just forgiveness is not enough.'
Pragya:'What do you mean we all broke her?'
She was getting more and more confused.
The boys exchanged loooks.
Pragya:'Tell me the truth.'
Abhi:'Pragya, we will tell you but not now. Doctor said we shouldn't give you any stress. All will be fine soon, trust me.'

Pragya:'you will give me more stress by not telling me now. I want the whole truth right now.'
Prachi looked at them, and she knew that they will tell her. They wouldn't hide it from her. Abhi might know only about the cheating part but she knew that the boys will tell Pragya everything.

Aryan started to tell Pragya what happened between Pranbir 2 months ago. The cheating part, how Ranbir didn't trust her and how Prachi left Kohli's house. Pragya turned teary eyed and shocked hearing this. Ranbir bowed down, he couldn't meet anyone's eyes.

He had promised Pragya that he will take care of her daughter, but he had hurt her the most.
Pragya came to Ranbir, they all could see the pain and anger in Pragya. She didn't have to think twice before slapping Ranbir.
Ranbir knew he deserved this.

Pragya:'this is how you took care of her. This is your love? You said all this to her. Couldn't you just ask your heart once if Prachi could do this?'
She came to Prachi and looked at her painfully.

Pragya, crying:'you didn't think about the pain she was going through.' She caressed Prachi's face emotionally.
Pragya:'Even I was not with you during this hard time. Sorry.'
Prachi held her hand and nodded no.
Abhi:'But now we know the truth, Prachi is innocent....'
Pragya:'Even you believed that Prachi cheated on Ranbir?'

Getting no answer, Pragya knew she was right.
Pragya:'That's why you said she didn't deserve to be your daughter?'
The silence confirmed what she was thinking.
Pragya, to Ranbir:'You needed proofs to believe her?' Ranbir was teary eyed hearing this. It hurt even more hearing it from someone else.
Ranbir, crying:'Sorry Maa.'
Pragya:'Your sorry won't take back her pain.'
She turned to Prachi.

Pragya:'I am sorry, you had to go through all this all alone. Your mother was also not with you. And I know you must have bottled up all the pain inside of you just like you did when Rhea asked you to break up with Ranbir.'
Abhi looked on.

Pragya:'Release your anger towards him. Scold him, scream at him but don't keep everything inside you. It will eat you up.'
Ranbir, in his thoughts:'I wished she could do it. It would be 100 times better than this silence.'
Aryan:'She cannot, Aunty.'
Pragya turned to him:'What do you mean she cannot?'
Knwoing that, Aryan will tell everything to Pragya, Prachi was tensed. She just wanted to hide herself in her room, too bad that they were actually in her room. Aryan told Abhigya all about Prachi: her depression and mutism. They were both stunned hearing that. Abhi supported Pragya as she felt weak.
Shock was an understatemnt right now, they couldn't believe what Aryan said.
Pragya:'Prachi....' She came to her.

Pragya, not believing what has been said:'What do you mean she cannot talk? She will talk to me. Prachi, say something. Say that Aryan is lying.'
Prachi turned teary eyed looking at Pragya.
Pragya:'Say, say something, Prachi.' She was forcing Prachi to speak and Prachi couldn't control herself seeing her mother like this. She rushed out of there.
Her parents and the boys turned tensed.
Ranbir:'I will go.'
Ranbir followed her outside the house. He called her but she didn't stop.

She was on the middle of the road and stopped running. There were lots of cars, they were honking at her but she didn't budge from there.
She didn't care. Ranbir noticed that and ran towards her.

Ranbir held her hands and pulled her away from the road. They both fell on the side of the road.
Ranbir looked at Prachi who fell unconscious there.
He came to her and tried to wake her up but in vain.
He picked her up in bridal style and carried her home.
The trio rushed to him.
Pragya:"what happened to her?"
Ranbir:"she fell unconscious on the road. Aryan, call the doctor."
Aryan did.

He then went to Abhigya.
Aryan:"Aunty, please do not force Prachi to talk. Chief, please cancel tonight's dinner. Please."
Abhi looked at Prachi's unconscious state and nodded yes.
Pragya stayed with Prachi after the doctor checked her.
Aryan:"aunty, you go rest. You have doctor's appointment again tomorrow. I will stay with Prachi."
Abhi also convinced Pragya and they left.
Aryan looked at Ranbir who was staring at the sky.
He came to him and tapped his shoulder.

Ranbir turned and it's now that Aryan noticed the tears in his eyes.
Aryan, tensely:"what happened?"
Ranbir hugged him and sobbed in his arms. Aryan grew worried and asked him yet again.
Ranbir, crying:"all of this is my fault...... she is in this state because of me, Aryan."
He cried more in his arms. Aryan consoled him and hugged him tightly.
He knew that Ranbir needed to get it out and let him cry.

After some time, Ranbir calmed down and Aryan talked to him.
Aryan:"bro, cry as much as you want in front of me, but you will have to be strong for Prachi. She needs you the most because only you can make her better. No-one else.
We all tried in these 2 months, but she reacts to you only. You awakened her feelings, and desires. It's you that she needs the most."
Ranbir was listening attentively to him and agreed as well. He had to be strong for her.

Aryan:"i know you are breaking too seeing her in this state. I will always be there for you, bro, but you need to be there for her. You cannot fall weak in front of her. We need to make her better."
Aryan motivated him and Ranbir also nodded yes. They both looked at Prachi and were determined to make her feel better.

Next morning:
Prachi woke up in her room, she held her head as she was feeling dizzy. She looked at the time and grew tensed as she knew Abhigya had doctor's appointment. She rushed downstairs. But there was no-one.
Ranbir came from the kitchen, he made breakfast and brought it on the table.
He saw her and told her what she wanted to know.
Ranbir:'The doctor called, he couldn't come due to an emergency, that's why Aryan took them to the hospital. You were still sleeping, Maa said not to disturb you.'
Prachi turned around to leave but stopped as Ranbir spoke again.

Ranbir:'I made breakfast for you. Freshen up and then we will have it.'
She didn't turn back and went to her room. Ranbir was worried but he continued to do his work. She needed time and space. She will come around like before.
He got busy again in the kitchen, but he heard something breaking upstairs. He grew tensed at once and rushed upstairs.

He rushed into Prachi's room, and went to the washroom more calmly, he couldn't panic her. He entered the washroom and noticed the pieces of glasses scattered on the floor. It was of the mirror. Prachi was sitting on the bathtub's edge with one piece of glass in her hands. She was just staring at it.
Ranbir, worriedly, approached her.

Ranbir, taking the piece from her hand:'Prachi, it's glass.... you will get hurt.' He bent down on his knees and looked at her. He moved the pieces away from her.
Ranbir:'it's ok, you go in the room, I will clean this.' But she didn't budge from there.
He held her and made her stood up. He brought her to the room and made her sat on the bed.
Ranbir:'I will clean it and then we will have breakfast.'
He went back to the washroom and began cleaning it. He was putting the glasses in the small dustbin there.
Looking at each piece of glass, he recalled how Prachi had them earlier. He was getting more and more worried for her. In fact, not only worry, but he was scared. His mind was trying to make him see the signs but he was fearing those thoguhts. He didn't want them to actually be true.

———- hope you all like this
And thank you all for the comments