Part 17

They reached home and were going inside but Prachi stopped. She felt dizzy.
Ranbir supported her.

Ranbir:"are you ok?" She nodded yes and removed his hand.
She started to go inside while Ranbir was right behind her, watching her carefully.
The EM saw them and came to them.
EM:"what happened, Baccha?"
She nodded no to him to tell him that it was nothing. Ranbir informed him about her dizziness.
EM:"i will bring your medicines."
He rushed inside while Ranbir made her drink water.

The TV was on and some reporters were talking about Ranbir's success and also the fact that he will receive an award for his succes in a few days. And they were talking to Pallavi and Vikram.
Pallavi:"we are proud of him. He achieved everything in short period of time. Now, we just want him to return and get married to Rhea."

Ranbir held his head in frustration.
Ranbir, to himself:"what was the need for this, mom? Now, i am done."
He was angry at them for saying this when he specifically told them he wasn't getting married. But his priority was Prachi right now.

He took the remote and turned it off. The EM gave Prachi the pills and she headed upstairs. Ranbir still followed her in case she feel dizzy on the stairs.

He opened her bedroom's door and let her in. He was trying to switch on the lights bit it was completely dark.
He left from there knowing that she needed to change.
Ranbir to EM:"we have to change the bulb in Prachi's room...."
EM:"Prachi's ma'am doesn't want. She likes it like that. Her room is the most beautiful one. There is another switch behind the mirror."
Ranbir looked on confused.
EM:"i will stay here tonight, you make her sleep. She is a bit weak."

Ranbir was going back to her room when he heard something falling there.
He used his torch lights and saw what she was doing.
Ranbir:"what are you searching, Prachi?"
But she wasn't listening to him and kept searching.
Ranbir:"at least turn on the lights... the switch...."
He went to the mirror and switched it on.

Her room lit up with neon lights all around. He looked at the ceiling which showed the galaxy: full with stars.
He was bewildered seeing her room. It was indeed very beautiful just like her.
Her closing the drawers irritatedly shifted his attention to her.
He saw a file in her hands. She was holding it tightly and went to sit on her bed.
Ranbir followed her actions and sat besides her.

She was looking at the file in her hand painfully. He looked at the file and took it from her hands. He opened to find their divorce papers with his signature on it.
He was astonished and thoughtful.
Why did she take it out?
He recollected the news and sighed. He anxiously took her hands and turned her to face him.

Ranbir, softly and patiently:"Prachi.... I won't get married to Rhea. Not now, not ever."
He saw how her eyes were glued on his signature on the paper.
He had to tell her.
Ranbir:"i never signed these papers...."
Her eyes immediately shifted to his. And she was curious but there was a tiny... just a tiny bit of hope.

Ranbir:"i neither made nor signed these papers. I agree that during these 2 months, I was angry at you.... Very angry. Because i thought that you gave my share of love to someone else. But i never hated you, Prachi, i had hope that you will return one day. How could i make the papers when I wanted to come back to me?"
Prachi was just listening to him attentively.

Ranbir:"you wrote in the note that we both knew who was actually behind that mask. She is behind this too.
You also wrote that it was your fault to give her another chance.... It wasn't your fault, it was ours. It was mine. How could i forget that she tried to kill you?
I don't want any divorce, Prachi. Not then and even less now.
And i know that you don't want it as well.... Because if you wanted it, you would have handed me these papers along with the butterfly bracelet with your sign on it.
When we both don't want this, then why keep it?"