4

Seokjin's fear came true when they weren't called for any official meeting for 3 days. He wasn't exactly an impatient man, but the wait was really getting on his nerves. He messaged all the other members to gether in his room at 3 in the afternoon.

"Why aren't they announcing an official meeting? We have been here for long enough." Yoongi said, crossing the room to sit on the couch.

One of the officials hummed, "Maybe they don't want peace."

"High possibility." Jimin agreed.

Seokjin sighed, "I think they aren't calling any meeting because they think that we don't want peace and we are just here for a show. And me, at a young age, being the diplomat isn't helping here."

"We can talk to the prince." The other official said, "He seems to be humble."

Seokjin nodded, "We can." He turned to Yoongi, "Get dressed in an official uniform. You, Shingyu and I will talk to him today. I heard he will be at the stable at 5 in the evening."

Exactly at 4:30, Yoongi and hu were at Seokjin's door. Seokjin wore a black suit with his hair parted from the side and a blue overcoat with a symbol of Myeongseong on it. Yoongi and Shingyu wore similar outfits, but their overcoats were black. Seokjin explained to them that he would be doing the talking in his way and they should not interfere if not necessary.

When they reached the stable, they saw Namjoon standing there with a few people with him. One of them was Hoseok but Soekjin didn't know the other two people. When Seokjin reached near them, Hoseok whispered something in Namjoon's ears, making him turn back. He was wearing a white shirt and a long coat over it. He looked at Seokjin as if he was uninterested and then turned to the horses again. Seokjin clenched his jaws and continued walking towards him. Seokjin and the party bowed to Namjoon, "Your highness, we are here to talk about something."

"I presume you know you are breaching the protocol," Namjoon said, without looking at him.

Seokjin scoffed, "If I cared about the protocol, they wouldn't have sent me as the diplomat."

Namjoon finally turned back, "Then I was right to assume that Myeongseong is just playing with us by sending you here."

Seokjin chuckled and looked away. He chewed his inner lip to control his anger. He looked at Namjoon again, "With all due respect, your highness, you are judging the book just from the cover. We came here to talk because there was no official meeting from your side."

Namjoon sighed, "You don't have to act like you care about these things."

"Myeongseong does not want a war." Seokjin finally said with a little harsh tone. "But if you guys are going to act all stuck and bratty, we won't just sit back and watch."

Namjoon chuckled and was about to say something when one of the horses neighed in a very high pitch. Namjoon looked in the direction with a horrified expression, "Jungkook!"

Seokjin looked in the direction and saw a man riding the horse. It seemed like the horse wasn't trained or maybe it was just brought in from the wild. The man, Jungkook, was struggling with the horse as the horse tried to throw him away but Jungkook didn't budge.

Namjoon was about to go in the ring when Hoseok stopped him, "Not you."

Namjoon looked at Jungkook again. He was thrown to the ground. Jungkook winced and dusted himself. "Get out of the ring, Kook!" Namjoon yelled. But his voice didn't reach Jungkook. Jungkook just stood there huffing. When he was about to ride the horse again, he heard a cry of his name and he turned back. He gasped as he saw the horse high in the air, ready to step on him with his front legs. Before he could do anything he was pushed away by a body. Both of them fell to the ground again.

Namjoon was shocked to see Soekjin in the ring as well. He looked at Yoongi who was holding Seokjin's suit coat in his hand.

In the ring, Seokjin and Jungkook didn't get time to recover. The horse raised again to attack them. "Roll on your right." Seokjin told Jungkook. Before the horse could step on them, they rolled out from under it on the opposite side. Seokjin stood up immediately and smirked. He rolled his sleeves to his elbow and loosened his tie, opening two buttons of his shirt. He looked at the horse who was circling the ring, probably getting ready to attack again.

Namjoon rolled his eyes and looked at Hoseok, "What the hell is he trying to do?"

Hoseok looked at Yoongi, "He will get hurt. Please stop him."

Yoongi scoffed, "The day he will listen to me, I will die peacefully."

Namjoon shook his head and looked at the ring with a worried expression. Seokjin started to run with the horse and after some distance, he stepped on the fence and pushed himself to climb on the horse. He held the reins and bent down. Namjoon was confused when he saw Seokjin whispering something in the Horse's ear. At first, Seokjin struggled to get the horse under control, but soon the horse started slowing down. To their surprise, Seokjin rode the horse for some time and finally brought it to the group standing there.

Seokjin stepped down from the horse and patted its head, "Such a good girl. What is her name?"

"Yeol." One of the men from the group said, excitedly.

Seokjin chuckled and looked at Namjoon, "Did you catch her from the wild?"

Namjoon nodded, "Yes, she was caught about three days ago."

"Ah!" Seokjin continued playing with her, "You must have found a baby with her. She must have given birth recently."

Namjoon turned to the stable manager. The manager looked at the ground, "Yes, your majesty. She was with a pony."

Namjoon sighed, "Where is the pony?"

The manager shivered at Namjoon's stern voice, "We- We sent her to the training centre for young horses."

Namjoon shook his head, disappointed, "Bring the baby back."

"Did you hear that?" Namjoon turned to the voice and found Soekjin talking to the horse with a bright smile, "Yeol-ah, they are bringing your baby back. Don't worry." He kissed her head.

Namjoon's face cracked into a small smile. "Thank you very much. But how did you realise that she had recently given birth?"

Seokjin looked at Namjoon with the same smile. Namjoon felt a weird sensation as if he was watching a flower bloom as Seokjin's smile became brighter.

"When she was going to step on me, I saw the traces of lactation around her... you know." Seokjin patted the mare's head, "So I assumed that was the reason she was so restless. And then I promised her that if she behaved, I would make sure that her baby was with her again and she calmed down. That confirmed my assumptions."

"Are you okay?" Hoseok asked, looking behind Seokjin.

Seokjin turned to find a limping Jungkook coming towards them.

He nodded, "Yeah. I am fine." He looked at Seokjin, "Thank you for saving me."

Seokjin shook his head, "Don't mention it."

"No." Namjoon said, "We really are grateful to you for saving my chief guard. And I apologize for being rude to you."

Seokjin smirked, "The apology would only be accepted if you can arrange an official meeting with us."

Namjoon laughed heartily, "Of course. I will make the arrangements. You will be notified by the evening."

Seokjin smiled again, "Perfect."

Namjoon was really amused by his guest. As he was talking to Jungkook, he saw Seokjin taking the suit coat back. He was laughing at something Yoongi said. Namjoon noticed that Seokjin was walking a bit differently and then he noticed something on Seokjin.

*Updates every Tuesday!💜🌻*