36

As the door closed, Namjoon pulled Seokjin to him and hid his face in the crook of Seokjin's neck, "I missed you." His hands snaked to Seokjin's waist tightly.

Seokjin laughed a little. He closed his eyes as he nuzzled into Namjoon's hair, "We were together the whole day, your highness."

Namjoon whined, "But we weren't in each other's arms all day."

Namjoon felt the rumble of Seokjin's laugh on his cheek, "I think I might be a bad influence on you."

Namjoon looked at Seokjin. He cupped Seokjin's face and smiled, flashing his dimples at him, "Then you are the best bad influence in my life."

"So corny." Seokjin wanted to roll his eyes but his face couldn't hold back the smile. After the investigation, everyone went back to their work. Namjoon was tailing Seokjin everywhere to know the depth of the issue. He also had a meeting with the nobles in Yangsang and then Namjoon invited Seokjin to his room. They had decided that Seokjin would stay the night in Namjoon's room. Seokjin made sure that Jisung deleted all the footage of them together out of working hours. So, there Seokjin was with extra clothes and ready to spend the night with Namjoon. Both of them knew that this heaven would end as soon as the case ended. Namjoon would have to leave for Yangsang. None of them was ready to discuss it, yet. Seokjin knew they would have to talk about it soon, but not now. He wanted to enjoy their honeymoon phase a little longer.

Namjoon caressed his cheek before placing his lips lightly on Seokjin's. Seokjin sighed with contentment as they shared a slow kiss. Namjoon slowly pushed his tongue into Seokjin's mouth, making him shiver. After a while, Namjoon broke the kiss. He smiled at Seokjin, "Actually, I haven't showered yet. So wait for me, yeah?"

Seokjin nodded, "Be quick."

Namjoon smirked, "Of course, love." He pecked Seokjin just above his eyebrow before going into the bathroom. Seokjin settled himself on the bed and took out his phone. There were a few texts from his team. He quickly scanned through them before turning the phone off. During this time with Namjoon, work-related texts were the last things he wanted. After about fifteen minutes, Namjoon came out of the bathroom, freshly showered. He was wearing grey sweatpants and had a towel around his neck with which he was drying his hair. He dropped the towel in the laundry basket before joining Seokjin in the bed. Seokjin snuggled to Namjoon's chest as if they had been doing it for a long while. Namjoon happily accepted his body and covered Seokjin's waist with his hands. Seokjin hummed happily, "You smell nice."

Namjoon chuckled, "Thank you."

Seokjin put his chin on namjoon's chest to look at him, "I don't know many things about your childhood."

Namjoon smiled sadly, as he played with Seokjin's hair, "There is nothing special. I had to train really hard to be an able prince. My days were usually filled with all the classes and teaching and training. Once in a while, I would get a day off and I like to spend it with my caretaker. She used to teach me about plants and other things. I picked up cooking from her as well. When I turned fifteen, I was declared the crowned prince and then all the eyes were on me like I was some kind of exhibit item. Everything I did screwed the king's image in some way or the other. He put me under a stricter training regime. I was a rebel."

"No!" Seokjin sat up and looked at him, "You were a rebel? I can't believe it."

Namjoon chuckled, "You can ask Hoseok hyung. He had the hardest time managing me in the initial stages. But as I grew up and understood my responsibilities, I calmed down. I started taking things seriously and proved to everyone that I am the right choice for the next king."

Seokjin caressed Namjoon's cheek, "It must be hard for you."

Namjoon sighed, "It was. But it is all in the past now. I am fine now."

Seokjin connected his forehead to Namjoon and nudged at his nose, "Namjoon-ah, I know it is very early in the relationship but as long as you want me to stand by your side, you will always find me here. And as you protect your people, I will support you from the shadows. Always. You can always lean on me."

Namjoon closed his eyes as he leaned in to every touch that came from Seokjin. He pulled Seokjin a bit closer to himself and rested his head on Seokjin's chest, "Thank you. It means a lot, hyung."

Seokjin placed a light kiss on his hair before closing his eyes while playing with Namjoon's hair.

~

"It is not necessary. Just be careful with it." Seokjin sighed as he instructed his team about the investigation. Two days had passed as they dug deeper and Minho was sure that they were really close to finding who was the mastermind after the problem. But Seokjin wanted to be hundred per cent sure that the man they were aiming at was the culprit.

Namjoon was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. Seokjin raised his eyebrows and looked at Hyunjin. Hyunjin got up and covered all the soft board with a fake screen that looked like a wall. Bangchan opened the door. A man in his mid-50s came in followed by another man in his 30s. Seokjin chuckled, "Ah, Gam Koohyun-shi. What brings you here?"

Kyuhyun took the bags from the man behind him and offered them to Seokjin, "Ah, I thought maybe I can offer you these refreshments. Our Seokjin-shi and team are working so hard. They deserve some rest, isn't it?"

Seokjin smirked, "Of course." He looked at Minho, "Minho, take a picture of Koohyun-shi. How else will we remember his favours?"

Minho quickly took his phone out and clicked a picture. Changbin took the bags from the man and bowed to him, "Thank you so much."

Kyuhyun smiled and left the room. Hyunjin removed the wall after they heard the click of the door. Seokjin took the bags from Changbin and threw them in the nearby trash can. Minho printed the picture he had taken just then and pinned it on the soft board. Namjoon and the people from Yangsang were very confused. Hoseok stood up from where he sat, "Wait, didn't he just give us the food?"

Namjoon hummed, "Why would someone randomly give us food, Hoseok?"

Taehyung smiled, "Because they feel that their secret is in danger. He was trying to bribe us."

Seokjin pointed at Taehyung, "Exactly."

"But we can at least eat that food." Jungkook shrugged.

Seokjin chuckled, "Sorry, but I don't want to go through the process of washing my stomach again. That shit is painful as fuck."

There was a beep on the door followed by princess Yuri coming. She was with a maid who was carrying bags of snacks and a coffee holder. She passed the snacks and the coffee to everyone. When the work was done, the maid bowed to them and left. Yuri turned to the soft board and pinned a few pictures, "These maids have been missing since the day Hyunmin was arrested. Two of them worked in the king's chambers. But they weren't allowed in without supervision. The information for the others is sent to you guys."

Seokjin patted her head, "Good work, princess."

Yuri preened and turned to Seokjin's table. Her sight fell on the picture of a lady with younger Seokjin. "Who is she?"

Seokjin turned to her and smiled, "My eomma."

"Waah!" Yuri sat beside Namjoon, "Does she not live with you?"

Seokjin sipped his coffee and shook his head, "No."

"Did you guys fight?"

Seokjin was really getting irritated by her questions. He knew that the questions were innocent but he was not in the mood to talk about his mother right now. He huffed, "No. It is more complicated than that."

Yuri hummed. She looked at the frame again and sighed, "She looks much older now."

Everyone in the room froze as soon as Yuri spoke those words. Seokjin's eyes went wide and the coffee cup fell from his hand, burning his skin in the process.