31

The next morning was different. At least for Namjoon. The sun was warm instead of the usual blazing one. The winds were soft and cooler than before. He wasn't sweating as much. A subtle smile was plastered on his face like it was always there. He knew that either he was going to get rejected or would get a boyfriend. He wasn't getting his expectations high because he knew that it could hurt him a lot. But his heart knew that Seokjin felt the same way. He sighed as he was walking through the gardens. The flowers had bloomed beautifully in the rain.

"Prince Namjoon."

Namjoon turned back and smiled, "My lady."

Yuri walked closer to Namjoon, "I heard Seokjin oppa took you to see the capital last night. Did you enjoy it?"

Namjoon nodded, "Of course. This city is very pretty. And the people living here are even prettier."

Yuri giggled a bit, "Are you talking about the person you like so much?" There was a pink hue on Namjoon's cheeks as he nodded shyly. Yuri clapped with delight, "But you did not tell me his name. This is not fair..." She whined a little.

Namjoon shrugged, "Well, I confessed to him yesterday. Now everything depends on his reply. If he accepts me, then only I can tell his name to you. That too if he wanted me to."

Yuri sighed dreamily, "It is a shame that you like men. Or else I would have definitely married you. Such a gentleman."

Namjoon chuckled, "Thank you, my lady."

Yuri smiled brightly, "The pleasure is mine. And I am rooting for you. I am sure he will say yes. After all, who can escape your charms?"

"Yuri-yah!" Both of them looked behind Yuri and saw Yeonjun coming toward them. "Come on, your teacher is looking for you." He looked at Namjoon, "Oh, Namjoon-shi. I am sorry if I disturbed you but Yuri needs to attend the class."

Namjoon shook his head, "It is perfectly alright."

Though Yuri went to Yeonjun, she had a pout on her face, "I don't want to attend. It is so boring and..." Her voice faded as Yeonjun and Yuri left the garden. Namjoon looked at the siblings with a longing sight and sighed. Maybe if he wasn't the only son, he would have acted like this with his siblings too. He shook his head and looked away. His sight fell on Taehyung talking to Jimin about something. Jimin had a month-long holiday, but he came to the palace to meet Taehyung and Yoongi. Taehyung had become too close to the couple. It was like they had adopted Taehyung as their child. Namjoon chuckled as he saw Taehyung laughing at something that Jimin said. Taehyung looked at him and displayed a boxy smile. Namjoon nodded and smiled back.

He was back in the palace. Though he didn't want to, his feet automatically went to Seokjin's office. He knew when Seokjin would be ready, he would come to Namjoon. Usually, Namjoon was a patient person, but he could wait that day. When he was about to knock Beomgyu came to him from behind, "Are you searching for Seokjin hyung?"

Namjoon turned back, "Yes."

Beomgyu smiled a little, "He isn't here."

"Oh," Namjoon chuckled. Right, he was on a holiday, "Then, I'll just visit him at his house."

"No," Beomgyu shook his head, "Hyung is not in the country."

What? Namjoon was shocked but he didn't let it show on his face. "But, I saw him last night."

Beomgyu nodded, "You must have. But he went out early in the morning. Around 4 in the morning."

Namjoon was truly shocked. Does this hyung ever rest? He was with Namjoon till 1 at night and left the country at 4 in the morning? Did he leave because of him? Namjoon smiled a little at Beomgyu and left after thanking him. The hope in his heart was dying slowly. Where could Seokjin leave so urgently? Wasn't he on a week-long holiday? Namjoon needed to calm down. He needed to sit down and ensure that this doesn't affect his outer appearance. Well, Seokjin would return till the King's birthday at least. He couldn't possibly miss it.