37

Yuri hummed. She looked at the frame again and sighed, "She looks much older now."

Everyone in the room froze as soon as Yuri spoke those words. Seokjin's eyes went wide and the coffee cup fell from his hand, burning his skin in the process.

"Hyung." Namjoon moved immediately, taking Seokjin's hand in his.

Seokjin looked at Namjoon and then at Yuri, "Where?" He gulped a huge lump down his throat, "Where did you see her?"

Princess Yuri was confused. She cleared her throat, "I saw her at the night market last week. She was selling pork belly and gave me a huge box for free. I wanted to pay but she refused."

Seokjin huffed, "I need to go." He freed his hand from Namjoon and tried to leave the room.

"Hyung, stop!" Namjoon held him by the other hand.

Seokjin turned back with teary eyes, "What do you mean stop, Namjoon? She is here. She is in Myeongseong. I want my answers. I want to meet her. How dare you stop me?" With every statement, his voice was turning more offensive. He tried to release Namjoon's grip but Namjoon just tightened it more.

"Sit the fuck down, Kim Seokjin!" Namjoon's voice was so loud that it echoed in the room. Seokjin stopped struggling and sat down on the nearby chair. Namjoon clicked his tongue and knelt in front of Seokjin, "I am sorry. I didn't want to use that voice on you but you will have to listen to me first, hyung." He took Seokjin's hands in his, caressing Seokjin's knuckles a little, "Hyung, the princess saw her at the night market. The night market opens at 8 and it is just 5 o'clock right now. What will you do there so early? We will go there together and search for your mother. But for now, please calm down."

Everyone looked at Seokjin with sad expressions. Namjoon for once panicked when a water droplet fell on his hand. When he looked at Seokjin, he found him shaking uncontrollably. Namjoon slowly left Seokjin's hands and engulfed him in a warm hug. He patted Seokjin's head gently, "We will find her, hyung. I promise. Just be a little patient." He looked at the group, "We leave at 7:30. Find a tent that sells pork belly. Make sure you inform me or Seokjin hyung if you find her. Do not take action till one of us gives an order."

Everyone nodded. Namjoon looked at Taehyung, "Escort the princess to her room and then join us."

Teahyung nodded, "Okay."

~

Exactly at 7:30, everyone met at the palace entrance. Jungkook, Namjoon and Seokjin left in one car and reached the night market before the other people. Namjoon stopped him one last time before entering the market, "Hyung, be a little patient. We will find her today."

Seokjin nodded. As they entered the market, everyone split up into groups to search through the market. Seokjin was followed by Bangchan, Namjoon and Jungkook. All of them were searching for a tent that sold pork belly. The first tent that Seokjin found only had male workers. He groaned and quickly left the tent. The place was unusually crowded and it irritated Seokjin very easily. His heart raced with every tent they visited. The disappointment was setting in his heart slowly. Maybe she didn't sell pork belly anymore. Maybe she left the country already. Maybe she vanished again without meeting Seokjin. All Seokjin wanted to know was that if his mother was in the kingdom then why would she not meet Seokjin? Why would she make him wait in the agony? He wanted all the answers that he had been keeping to himself for years. Would she be proud if she saw Seokjin right now? He was scared as well for some reason. What if she is disappointed in him for some reason? He was walking at a great speed when he suddenly stopped.

Namjoon stopped and turned to him, "What happened?"

Seokjin huffed and turned around.

"Hyung!" Bangchan yelled at him, but Seokjin didn't stop. All of them followed Seokjin. Bangchan called everyone else at the location they were. When Seokjin stopped in front of a tent, they could hear a man yelling at an old woman.