11

A day after, Seokjin was in his room in the palace. His voice was slowly opening up and he was really relieved about it. The first thing he did after coming back was to take hours long bath to relax his nerves and his muscles. The hospital bed really fucked up his muscles and sleep. When Seokjin came out of the bathroom, he found Yoongi and Jimin sitting on the couch. He sighed, "I have given you the keys for emergency."

"You weren't picking up the call." Yoongi shrugged.

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "And you thought I was dead?"

Jimin chuckled, "Not dead. But injured, yes. He thought you might have fainted."

Seokjin smirked, "Aww... Yoongi-chi is worried about me, huh?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes to hide the blush on his cheeks but the cold weather wasn't helping at all, "Who was worried. I don't want to carry your corpse to Myeongseong."

"He was worried about you to his core." Jimin snickered.

"Yah!" Yoongi grumbled, "Are you my boyfriend or his? I think you need a punishment very desperately."

Seokjin scrunched his face, "Please keep these things out of my room. And shut up before I throw your asses out." he went to the cupboard and started getting dressed. "Inform the royals that we want to have a meeting. We have other things to discuss."

Yoongi nodded, "Will do."

"Hyung." Jimin stood up and went near Seokjin who had settled on the bed. "How did you know about the infiltration and poisoning?"

Seokjin hummed, "Get me that walking stick." Jimin was confused but he went to the corner where there was the stick with a golden dragon head and the bottom was also covered in gold. He gave it to Seokjin. Seokjin turned the dragon's head and it came off. He turned the stick upside down and a roll of paper came out of it. He gave the paper to Jimin, "All the information on infiltration in the army."

Jimin unrolled the paper and there was a list with pictures of the people that were imposters. "Wow." He looked at Seokjin as he rolled the paper back and put it in the walking stick again, "So that's why you stayed back in the camp. To take out the information about those three imposters."

Seokjin nodded, "Precisely." He gave Yoongi a note, "Go here and pay that poor informer. I couldn't do it because of the prince.

Yoongi looked at him with a surprised gaze, "The prince?" Seokjin sighed and told them how he met the prince in the market, leaving the curses and photos out of the story.

Yoongi hummed, "But how did you know you were poisoned in the camp and not here."

Seokjin flinched, "Okay, don't overreact to what I say next, okay?"

Yoongi narrowed his eyes, "What is happening?"

Seokjin knew something was coming, "I didn't eat anything after I came back from the camp."

"What?" Yoongi yelled, "What do you mean, you didn't eat?"

Seokjin closed his eyes and tilted his head, "I was really busy with work and forgot to eat." Seokjin's voice decreased to almost whisper in the end but both Jimin and Yoongi heard him.

Yoongi scoffed, "Of course. We don't matter to you, huh?"

Seokjin clicked his tongue, "How did you come to that conclusion?"

"If we did matter to you, you would have listened to me when I said that you need to eat and rest!" Yoongi sat folding his hands before his chest.

Seokjin sighed, "Yoongichi..." He whined and sat beside Yoongi, "I am sorry. I will take care from now onwards. I promise."

Yoongi looked at him wide-eyed, "Promise?" Seokjin nodded. Yoongi huffed, "Fine. Whatever."

Seokjin looked at Jimin and laughed, "He is still a baby."

"Always a baby," Jimin whispered.

~

"Hey, how are you?" Namjoon smiled at Seokjin.

Seokjin smiled back sweetly, "I am fine. Thank you."

Namjoon smiled brighter, "Why are you being so formal to me?"

Seokjin tilted his head, hands behind his back, "I thought I was supposed to behave in front of the royals."

Namjoon chuckled, "Fine. It's my fault. You can be informal to me."

Seokjin hummed, "Then, you will have to do the same with me."

Namjoon looked around to see if there was anyone around and then sighed, "Okay. but only when we are alone."

Seokjin nodded, "Done!"

"Oh, Seokjin-shi." They turned back and found Hoseok walking towards them. "How are you?"

Seokjin smiled, "I am fine. Thank you for taking care of me."

They sat in the meeting room as the meeting went on. Wonyoung officially declared that they have retreated the soldiers. Seokjin and the company were really happy about it. But the real task was to get them to open the trading roads. Seokjin took a deep breath before speaking, "Your majesty, to ensure a longer and better relationship between two countries, our prince Yeonjun has suggested something. If you don't mind, can I present it to you?"

Wonyoung nodded, "Please proceed."

Seokjin passed a file to him, "Prince Yeonjun suggested that we open trading routes between the countries. The file has all the-"

"No!" Wonyoung interrupted him in between.

Seokjin looked at Yoongi who shook his head. He licked his lips in nervousness and then looked at the king again, "Your majesty, please at least go through what our prince has suggested. It is really a beneficial proposal for both the kingdoms."

"Seokjin-shi," Wonyoung said with a stern voice, "We have a clear idea of what is beneficial to us, so I am sure you will understand."

Seokjin closed his eyes and nodded. "I understand your majesty. I am sorry for pestering too much."

Seokjin scratched his head as he walked out of the meeting room. He loosened his tie and sighed in dejection. He clicked his tongue and went to his room.

Namjoon was standing there looking at how sad Seokjin became. He knew this feeling very well. The king didn't even once take a glance at the report and just announced that it was useless. When he turned back, he shrieked a little, "Yah! Hobi-yah. You scared me."

Hoseok raised his eyebrows, "What is going on between you and Seokjin-shi?"

"Huh?" The question really got Namjoon off guard. Hoseok was right. He was being too friendly with Seokjin. When did he get so comfortable with a person he had just met? "Nothing. There is absolutely nothing going on between us."

Hoseok hummed, "Keep it that way. You are the prince. You will be sitting on the throne in a few years. You can't afford the same rebellious image you had as a teenager. So keep your position and duties in mind."

Namjoon nodded earnestly, "I will."

Hoseok was going to leave but he turned back, "We still don't know about the assassin. It could be one of them. Stay on your guards."

"What is going on here?"

They turned back and bowed as they saw the king standing there. Hoseok shook his head, "Nothing, in particular, your majesty."

Wonyoung hummed. He looked at Namjoon with a smile, "The invites have come in for the ball this Saturday. Make sure you give them out to the guests personally."

Namjoon nodded, "Yes, Aboeji. But... can I request his majesty for something?"

The king nodded, "What is it?"

"Please don't overdo the celebration."

Wonyoung laughed loudly and patted Namjoon's back, "Ahh, you haven't changed a bit. I will try my best."