9

*There was no notification sent for the 8th chapter. So, please scroll up and read the 8th chapter first  ^.^

Namjoon was late for the meeting. For others, he had taken a leave from his duties but he really was at the border and the falling of logs on him didn't help with the exhaustion as well. He had a morning meeting with the King about the next step they were going to take. He had barely gotten any sleep but he was hanging in there. He knew it was just a few hours before he could finally crash in the bed and get some much-needed sleep. When he reached near the meeting room, he saw Seokjin coming towards him. He sighed in relief. At least he wasn't the only one to be late. He waited for Seokjin to get to him so that they could go in together. As he observed Seokjin walking towards him, he realised that something was wrong. Before he could go to him, Seokjin collapsed.

"Seokjin!" Namjoon yelled and ran towards him. Seokjin didn't hit the floor.

He was caught before he could hit the floor by Bangchan. "Hyung! Jin hyung!"

Namjoon sighed in relief. After hearing the commotion, the people came out of the room. As soon as Yoongi saw Seokjin in the lap of Bangchan, he ran towards him, "Hyung!" he looked at Bangchan, "What happened?"

Bangchan shook his head, still trying to wake Seokjin up, "I don't know. I was following him to the room when he suddenly fell."

Jimin held Yoongi's shoulder to calm him down, "Chan, take him to his room."

Namjoon looked at Hoseok, "Call the doctor."

"Wait." Everyone looked at Taehyung as he went towards Seokjin and checked Seokjin nails and his lips, "I think we should shift him to the hospital. He was poisoned."

Yoongi gasped, "What? How-"

"We can talk about it later." Namjoon interrupted him, "Let us take him to the hospital first. Hoseok, get the car ready."

Hoseok took Namjoon to the side and whispered, "You aren't going anywhere. We haven't confirmed the assassin news yet. Stay here with his majesty. I will take care of Soekjin-shi."

Namjoon nodded, "Okay. Text me if you need anything. And update me about everything."

Hoseok nodded. He turned back to Bangchan, "Let's carry him outside, the car is ready."

Bangchan carried him with one arm under Seokjin's knees and the other under his shoulders. As soon as they left, Namjoon looked at Jungkook, "Jungkook, get the security footage of the kitchen and the corridor of his chamber."

Jungkook nodded and ran to the security room. "Appa, let me escort you to your chambers." Wonyoung nodded.

As they were on their way to the king's chambers, Wonyoung sighed, "This can create a problem for us."

Namjoon nodded, "I know, abeoji. That is why I will investigate it personally and thoroughly. I think there are people who don't want the two kingdoms to create an alliance."

"I think so too." Wonyoung stopped as they reached his chamber, "Report to me about your investigation and about the condition of Kim Soekjin."

"Yes, abeoji." Namjoon bowed to him and turned back to go to his office.

~

As soon as the stretcher was dragged into the hospital, Taehyung stopped at the door and turned to his subordinates, "Seal the hospital. Do not let anyone come in or go out of the hospital till my next order."

The hospital was sealed as per the orders. All the doors were closed and the staff was told about the situation. Jimin stopped Yoongi outside the operation theatre and hugged him tightly, "Hyung will be okay. A little poison can't do anything to him, right?"

Yoongi sniffled and nodded in the hug. He broke the hug and pecked Jimin's forehead, "Thank you Minnie-yah."

Jimin smiled, "Let's sit down and wait for the doctor, yeah?"

Yoongi nodded. They sat beside Bang Chan. Yoongi patted Chan's back, "You did well. Don't be so hard on yourself."

Chan nodded, still pouting, "I am supposed to keep him safe, but he still ended up in the hospital."

Yoongi sighed, "I promised myself that I won't let anything happen to him. But look at him, always inviting problems."

Chan chuckled through his teary eyes. He looked at the door of the OT, "Please be okay, hyung."

Hoseok stood there observing the group closely. Since the day they came to Yangsan, he couldn't quite understand Seokjin's character. He seemed like a brat that came from a very wealthy family. The kind of person that didn't think before he acted, that didn't think about others and kind of a selfish soul. But the people around him cared about him a lot. More than they should for someone with these many negative characters.

"I know what you are thinking." Hoseok looked towards the voice and found Shingyu smiling sadly. "You are thinking about our affection towards hyung, aren't you?"

Hoseok's eyes went wide, "How did you know?"

Shingyu chuckled, "That's hyung for you. He is really smart. More than anyone in our kingdom perhaps. Everyone that you see in this room with him is in one way or the other has been saved by hyung. And all of us would probably die for him."

Hoseok sighed, "Sorry for the judgement. He just seemed..."

"Selfish, childish, immature." Shingyu completed Hoseok's sentence.

Hoseok didn't hide his thoughts and nodded, "Yeah, those things."

Shingyu looked at his hands and smiled, "People usually think like that and that's why they end up hating hyung for no reason."

Hoseok nodded but kept quiet. He didn't have anything to say. He could apologise, but the person who deserved the apology was behind the doors, being operated upon. Taehyung came to him, "We have sealed the hospital. The news has reached the media."

"How?" Hoseok gasped.

Taehyung shook his head, "I don't know."

Hoseok groaned, "Okay. I will let Jessie noona handle them."

Taehyung chuckled, "Perfect! May dragon lord give them the courage to listen to Jessie noona's anger."

Hoseok laughed softly and called someone, "Your highness."

Is Seokjin-shi okay?

Hoseok looked at the OT, "He is still in the OT. The doctor said he will do a stomach wash and give the antidote. The poison is not too powerful."

Ah, thank heavens.

Hoseok nodded, "Yeah. But I called you to tell you that the news has reached the media. I think we should let Jessie noona handle this."

Okay. I will inform her about it. Keep me reported about Seokjin-shi's situation.

"I will."