27

The sun was bright. Of course, he was in Myeongseong, but it was exceptionally hot that day. Namjoon huffed as he waited outside the door. He had rang the doorbell twice, but there was no reply. So he texted Seokjin that he was outside his house. Seokjin replied immediately saying he was out for groceries and would return in a few minutes. It had been fifteen minutes to that and Namjoon stood out of the house, sweating like crazy. It was like he had taken a bath in his own sweat. The green shirt he was wearing was already wet. He was wearing a mask to hide his identity and wanted to remove it so badly but he couldn't do anything about it as well.

After waiting for ten more minutes, he saw a car pull into the driveway. Seokjin house was a kind of bungalow. It was a two-storey building with a huge space in the front. Namjoon knew there must also be a backyard. The car was expensive as well. It was obviously not what Namjoon used but it was more expensive than what a commoner would use. But again, Seokjin was the deputy foreign minister. He must earn a good amount of money. Namjoon was also shocked by the lack of security around Seokjin as he got out of the car. He was wearing a light blue t-shirt and black sweatpants. Namjoon was lost in the way Seokjin looked so soft out of the professional clothes. Seokjin opened the truck and got the bags out. He locked the car and walked toward Namjoon with a smile.

"I am sorry it took a while."

Namjoon shook his head and took away some of the bags from Seokjin's hands. "It is alright. I don't know the process of these things. So no complaints."

Seokjin chuckled, "You don't have to hold the bags for me."

Namjoon shrugged, "I want to."

Seokjin opened the front door with a code and his thumbprint. The house had a minimalist decor. The living room had a huge photo of Seokjin with his parents. It was connected to the kitchen. There was a television on the left wall and opposite the television, there was a glass door that led to a backyard. There were a few antique things in the room, around the couch, but other than that, the room was pretty much empty. "You have a very beautiful house."

Seokjin put the bags in his hand on the serving platform in the kitchen. Namjoon followed him as well. Seokjin smiled, "Thank you." He looked around the house, "This is the only thing that my parents left for me. So I cherish it the most." Namjoon nodded but stayed quiet. Seokjin sighed, "God, you are sweating buckets. You should take a shower. It will help you."

Namjoon chuckled, "Are you kicking me out of your house because I stink?"

Seokjin laughed and hit Namjoon on his shoulder, "You know you can shower here, right? Go to the right side on the upper floor. The first room on the left. I'll follow you in a minute. So overdramatic."

"Learned from the best." Namjoon left immediately after commenting.

Namjoon saw that the house was really well-built. There was room beside the stairs. As he climbed up, there were two rooms on the right and three on the left. It definitely was a bigger house than he had imagined. There were two rooms facing each other on the left side and one on the end of the hall. Namjoon was about to open a door when Seokjin stopped him, "Namjoon."

Namjoon turned back, "Huh?"

"Sorry, this one." Seokjin pointed at the other door, smiling awkwardly.

Namjoon nodded, "Oh. Okay."

When Namjoon went into the room, Seokjin sighed in relief and followed him. Namjoon looked around and found that his room was just as empty as the rest of the house. There was a bed in the top centre, a table just in front of the bed. A television was on the opposite wall of the bed, right to the door. There were two more doors on the right wall. Seokjin showed Namjoon the bathroom and told him that his clothes would be ready by the time he was done bathing. As soon as Namjoon went into the room, Seokjin checked if the door was completely closed before going out of the room. He checked the other door and found it unlocked. He clicked his tongue, "So careless." After putting clothes on the bed, he ran down. There was a tablet on the kitchen counter. He immediately opened the tab and clicked on an option that read, 'Lock all the important rooms.' A sigh of relief escaped his mouth as he heard three simultaneous clicks.

After a while, Namjoon came down wearing a black t-shirt and grey sweatpants. Seokjin cursed himself internally for giving these clothes to Namjoon. They looked too... enticing. Seokjin almost groaned when Namjoon went near him. He turned to the plate that he was holding. "For you."

Namjoon hummed in delight, "It smells delicious. Did you make it?"

"Mhmm." Seokjin nodded as he saw Namjoon was still sweating. He took the tab and decreased the temperature of the room. Man, this snow prince was really struggling. Seokjin sat opposite Namjoon at the dining table with his plate. "So, I am sure you are here for something important."

Namjoon stopped chewing and nodded. He gulped the food down and looked at Seokjin, "I am here to know what you know about the West being under the South and their whole plan about taking over Yangsang and Myeongseong."

Seokjin chuckled, "I told you everything yesterday in the meeting. I don't have anything else," Seokjin shrugged.

Namjoon tilted his head and stared right into Seokjin's eyes, "Hyung, who do you think I am? I am the crowned prince and the first thing we learn is to tell when a person is lying. This concerns the national security of my kingdom and I will do anything to ensure that I know everything."

Seokjin sighed. He put his chopsticks down and got up from his place. After a while, he came back with something in his hand. He handed the tablet to Namjoon, "This has everything you want. You can keep it. Password: 19640523."

Namjoon wiped his hand on the tissue before opening the tablet. There were three files and five folders on the tablet. Namjoon wondered how much more Seokjin knew about everything. He looked at Seokjin and bowed a little, "Thank you so much."

Seokjin nodded, "I understand your concern. I serve my country as well."

After they were done with lunch, Namjoon helped Seokjin in cleaning the table. He was about to wash the dishes but Seokjin stopped him telling him that he had a house help that would do the work. "Oh, I have something else for you." Seokjin led Namjoon to his bedroom again and went to the balcony outside. Namjoon didn't know this room had a balcony. Slowly, Seokjin went to Namjoon and handed him a small pot. "When I was in the West, I saw this and it reminded me of you. This has some seeds sawn in it. These plants grow only in that country. If you take good care of it, it will bloom with beautiful violet-coloured flowers."

Namjoon looked at the pot with endearing eyes, "I will take good care of this." He looked at Seokjin, "Thank you so much, hyung."

Seokjin smiled brightly, "Don't mention it. It is nothing." What Seokjin really wanted to tell him was that he didn't know why he bought a fucking pot. He wasn't even a plant person. He didn't know what to do with it. But when he saw Namjoon in front of his house, a realisation dawned upon him that the plant reminded him of Namjoon. So he thought it was appropriate to give it away to Namjoon.

"No, it really means a lot to me." Namjoon smiled. He put the pot and the tablet on the table in front of the bed, "You know, usually people give me gifts that are valuable monetarily. Like diamonds or gold. Either that or something that will benefit Yangsang. But I think only you know how much I value emotional gifts. I am glad I have someone like you in my life."

Seokjin's eyes went wide when he heard the last part. Namjoon was glad that he was in his life. Seokjin nodded, avoiding eye contact.

"Hey," Namjoon made him look up by holding his chin between his finger and thumb, "What happened?"

A broken sigh left Seokjin's mouth, "It's just nobody has really said that to me after my parents. I got overwhelmed."

Namjoon chuckled. He cupped Seokjin's face and looked right into his eyes. Seokjin's eyes really made every reasoning power in Namjoon fly out of the window. His thumb sub-consciously slid through Seokjin's bottom lip. Namjoon saw Seokjin's eyes physically dilate. He also felt the shiver that ran through Seokjin. On the other hand, Seokjin's entire body had goosebumps as he felt Namjoon's gaze change. His honey-brown eyes were blown wide as Namjoon caressed his cheek. No one knew who made the first move. No one knew what the other was thinking. No one cared about what was to come upon them in the future. The only thing they knew was that Seokjin was in Namjoon's arms, their lips moving in perfect sync, heavy breaths and low moans being heard and the racing hearts that wanted them to be more than just friends.