57

The morning was a ruckus. Everyone was busy preparing the private jet for the people of Yangsang. It wasn't a big deal but Myeongseong wanted to do their best. Namjoon was as emotionless as he had been the day he landed in Myeongseong. There were formal goodbyes as the royals stood in front of the private jet. Wonyong smiled sadly at Seunghyun, "I am sorry again, for your loss. You lost your best."

Seunghyun shook his head, "We are very proud of Seokjin. I am glad Namjoon-shi is alright."

Wonyoung nodded, "Me too." He looked at Namjoon but Namjoon did not react.

They all sat in the plane one after the other. Namjoon closed his eyes with his head resting on the window. Hoseok held his shoulder, "Are you okay?"

Namjoon just stayed like that, "Leave me alone."

Hoseok sighed, "Okay." He bowed to him and sat back in his seat.

Namjoon took a broken breath. The image of Seokjin falling into the river was fresh in his mind. The smile. The tears in his eyes. The tears that Namjoon had stopped till now finally escaped his eyes. He closed his eyes and cried his heart out silently. The people might tell him to not think about it, but he didn't want to forget the look on Seokjin's face. He wanted it embedded in his head, so he would never forget. He did not want to forget that it was his fault that he lost Seokjin.

~

"I am sorry." Namjoon whimpered.

Seohee shook her head, "It is not your fault, Namjoon."

Namjoon was sitting on the couch at Seokjin's house. Seohee had invited him after the funeral service. He wore a plain black suit and a white shirt with a tie. He sniffled a little, "I have to tell you something. Actually, I had a-"

"Shhh..." Seohee shook her head, "I don't want to know." She stood up and looked at Namjoon, "I want to show you something. Follow me."

Namjoon stood up and started following her. He had no thought in his head. All he was thinking about was how did it turn out to be like this? How did it go from them enjoying their vacation to him mourning about his lover? He didn't realise where Seohee was leading him but as they stopped in front of the door, he remembered the first time he came to this house. Seokjin had stopped him from going inside. He was a bit skeptical back then but he didn't think about it.

Seohee opened the door and turned the light on. Namjoon gasped a little. Everything in the room was confusing. There was a web of blue and green threads on every wall. Each rope led to important information about Yangsang. There were pictures of various important people, including him and the king. He went closer to the main wall to see the pictures. He was wearing a blue jacket and he looked young. It must have been taken at least 10 to 12 years ago. There were curses written below it. Then there was a picture of his father and an arrow between them indicating that they were father and son. Then there was a picture of his uncle. An arrow between his uncle and his father and "Siblings" written over it. And then a picture of Taehyung with an arrow connecting to the king and "Nephew" written over it.

Namjoon shuddered a little. Seokjin knew. He knew everything before Namjoon told him. Namjoon wondered if he also knew- No! He can't. He looked around and there were a lot of pictures and a lot of information. Each picture was labelled with something or the other. Namjoon looked at Seohee, "Why are you showing me this?"

Seohee smiled, "I thought you should know. I am going to burn everything here. If you want to take something, you can."

Namjoon looked at the walls again. "Why was he investigating us?"